Is it possible...

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by thecollage, Mar 26, 2013.

1. thecollage Registered Senior Member

to hook up an HD TV to an HP Computer (8GB AMD 2.20 GHz) and use it as a monitor. If so, what will I need to do so?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

I suggest you ask this question in the computer science forum.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

reply from a mate who knows this stuff.

"If your computer has a HDMI cable, then use that. Otherwise you’ll have to use a standard RGB cable and a suitable audio cable, assuming your TV has that input."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KitemanSA Registered Senior Member

Search the internet for "USB to HDMI cable". Jeez, dude, it ain't that hard!

8. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

If you have a USB 2.0 Port, the transfer rate will be too slow. A USB 3.0 Port should be fast enough.

BTW: I did not know there was such a cable as USB 2.0 to HDMI & there might not be a USB 3.0 to HDMI Port.

I have been using a cable which plugs into a normal Computer Graphics Display Port & connects to the HDMI plug on a High Definition Monitor or TV. This is a good way to go.

The new computer I am building has an HDMI port & I have bought a cable which has male HDMI connectors on both ends. This is a better way to go if the computer & the monitor both have HDMI connectors.