Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main draw for Muslim men?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Jun 14, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Ok.

We should not measure heaven by enlightenment but by the amount of sex there.

That is what Mohamed thought when he used sex to sell Muslims on Islam.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

In the Quran?

I don't think so ....

8. Mr Hope Registered Member

I'd choose sex to wisdom any time.

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You show your age.

Would you like to live in Eden without the wisdom that comes from knowing good and evil?

I hope not.

Have you seen the 1960 version of The Time Traveler?

Do you remember how at the river scene, the people were going to let a young girl die because they were to ignorant to know that saving her was the right thing to do.

Regards
    DL

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Where in the Quran?

1. Hoor mentioned in the Quran
    The word hoor occurs in the Qur’an in no less than four different places:

In Surah Dukhan chapter 44, verse 54
    “Moreover, We shall join them to companions With beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 44:54]

In Surah Al-Tur chapter 52 verse 20
    “...And We shall join them to companions, with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 52:20]

In Surah Rahman chapter 55 verse 72
    “Companions restrained (as to their glances), in goodly pavilions.” [Al-Quran 55:72]

In Surah Al-Waqiah chapter 56 verse 22
    “And (there will be) companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 56:22]

2. Hoor Translated as Beautiful Maidens
    Many translators of the Quran have translated the word hoor as ‘beautiful maidens’ especially in the Urdu translations. If hoor means ‘beautiful maidens’ or girls, then they are meant only for the men. Hence, what will the women get if they enter Paradise?

3. Meaning of Hoor
    The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye.

The Quran describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).

“But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruit there from, they say: “Why, this is what we were fed with before”, for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever)”. [Al-Quran 2:25]

“But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening”. [Al-Quran 4:57]

Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

jan.

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the good research.

Regards
    DL

12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In a list of the things wrong with some fundie religion like Islam, having a provision for sex in its heaven wouldn't even make the top twenty.

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I cannot and would never argue against that even as I admit to having forgotten most of what I have read of the Qu'ran.

You are right and I should have picked out what effect people here and not have gone after issues of the afterlife which as myth effects no one negatively except those foolish enough to believe it.

Regards
    DL

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Between the covers.

15. Arioch Valued Senior Member

I see what you did there, lol.

16. Lakon Valued Senior Member

I think the interpretation of 72 virgins in paradise is a bit of a canard to besmirch Islam. The Old Testament (relied on both by Christians and Jews) is full of weird stuff too.

In any case, thinking about it, yes, I would prefer having my way with 72 virgins as opposed to the getting of ongoing knowledge and wisdom - got enough of that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That said, I'm not too sure about Islam. I don't think I've ever met one Muslim who is tolarent and moderate, and who deep down, isn't governed first and foremost, by the teachings of Islam. It is a backward religion, still in the dark ages. I know several non Muslim people who have married Muslims. Without exception, their lives (the non Muslims) have been miserable and dismal.

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

They are backwards for sure but not stupid. Note how they vote in secular laws instead of Sharia law when the opportunity is at hand.

Regards
    DL

18. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Even so, most would defer to more radical elements if such elements were allowed the opportunity to arise.

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Quite the use of logic there friend. Not.

Not most as most are making sure that that opportunity does not arise by voting secular.

Regards
    DL

20. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Quite the use of logic there friend. Not. Unless you are saying that no movement, idea, force, arises other than that of the elected. In fact, Islam would be one of the MOST likely for this to happen.

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Sure. If the majority ever changed it's mind.

IF.

As stated, they presently vote against it.

Regards
    DL

22. Lakon Valued Senior Member

IF ?

The majority always changes it's mind.

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Source please.

Regards
    DL