Is Ice Core Analysis Flawed?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by common_sense_seeker, Oct 16, 2008.

1. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

View Map

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The above is a map of the ocean water line in the time of the early dinosuars.

It shows the earths oxygen atmosphere converted to water and covering the earth. leaving the earth with a nitrogen atmosphere.
    The event of a nitrogen atmosphere results in rapid cooling of the earth surface, greatly so during nightfall, in addition to the conduction of thermal energy from earth surface, nitrogen also causes turbulent motion because it has the greatest rate exspansion making the water covered surface quite active.
    In addititon to the nitrogen atmosphere the exsitance of CO2 remains a atmosphereic condition, based on the occurrance of various rock such as marble, limestone and coal deposits as well as oil deposits. So much CO2 is present during this time frame that Ice Cover on either of the poles north or south would be show a clear record of it in core samples.
    As neither Ice Cap shows a marked record of CO2 concentration neither pole existed during this peirod and so can not be a record over millions of years or even a hundred thousand years.

Over time Oxygen has been released from the oceans to form the current mixture of our breathable atmosphere, (26% oxygen 71% nitrogen). In order to create the ice caps the oxygen of the oceans must first be released and the percipitate. but only after the CO2 has been leached from the atmosphere. which in end leaves the earth with a nitrogen blanket as a atmosphere once again. One that is capable of flash freezing regions very quickly.

The above map shows water coverage in black ( the map may show more detail when highlighted) and shows areas that are predisposed to be frozen at any one give time as soil is water saturated.

With such a former water line in comparison to the current water line it seems clear that most oxygen release from the oceans occured when the earths north pole faced the sun and sunlight existed direct for 24 hours a day. this defines that oxygen releases (as well as mist vapor/rains) increased during this period and that due to less direct sunlight there has been a decrease in oxygen and vapor or rains since that time (Giza).

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Wait. Just tell me this. If we reduce our emissions and what not, will we make the climate hurdle towards an ice age sooner? Or delay it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Andre Registered Senior Member

Most likely it will not do anything noticeable to climate.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

THANK GOODNESS! I was worried about all that freon I just lost.

8. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I'll need a week or two to finish my Heinrich event model in detail. I'm sure that I'm on the right track though.

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

I've done a lot more background essential reading since my OP. I have to agree with Andre. The ice core dating probably is very accurate but the interpretation of the environment around 40,000 B.P must be wrong, evidenced by the mammoths. I envisage a planet just slightly warmer than today, with the Siberian landscape not in a state of permafrost. His explanation with regard to the complexities involving humidity should be looked into further.

Well done Andre. It's part of a fascinating story which underlies our understanding of Global Warming. I'm therefore more optimistic than he is that this line of scientific enquiry will eventually get into the mainstream.

10. Andre Registered Senior Member

11. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it and chew it over. Incidentally, wouldn't pollen deposits be a better indicator of climate temperature change? Have these indicators been used to tell the story of the climate independent of ice core data?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008