Is Homosexuality psycological or biological?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mrhero54, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Is it?? Do you have any evidence??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes In fact may statistically valid studies check Psychology textbook!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

textbooks suck, especially when they deal with contraversial issues.

forget about your textbook wellcookedfetus. It is time to bury or burn it.

good observation. A physiology textbooks views the issue from a specific angle. The question is if it is the right angle or maybe just a small angle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

charles, dude. even the catholic church has recognized that sexuality is of the being and not in the acts.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

gee I ment several text books in fact but still I guess to you nothing is worth learning from.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

people, people...

it can be both, cultural and innate...why is it so difficult to accept this.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Not so;

Aspects of one's sexuality can be noted from early childhood.

Not so, but the expression of sexuality is often culturally defined.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

what about the homosexual afghans harassing our godfearing heterosexual soldiers. You think that their homosexuality isn't cultural????

12. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

What do you mean even the Catholic Church?? I wasn't aware that it was the worlds leading authority on Homosexuality (come to think of it though...! lol)
    So you recommend picture books then SpuriousMonkey??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Whether this fits in with what you believe is irrelevant because this is just one person, or a group of people's definition. According to this definition, the homo-sexual has no sexuality - given that homosexuals have no reproductive roles!! According to this definition people who cannot conceive have no sexuality, despite what their behaviour may suggest (!!), because they have no reproductive roles. Sexuality is about behaviour! If one has sex with the same sex then one is a homo-sexual, if one has sex with members of the opposite sex then one is a hetero-sexual. How many more times do I have to explain this??

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i get it...if that is of comfort to you.

14. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Thank you Spuriousmonkey.

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Homosexuality is about psychology: if one wants to have sex with a member of their sex over members of the opposite sex s/he is a homosexual. There a plenty of Heterosexual men that have hade sex with member of there sex (take most correctional facilities for example)

16. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

These people were Homosexuals for a short time then (though I wouldnt say that to their face

). If they were having homosexual experiences then they were homosexual. If they now have heterosexual experiences, then they are heterosexual, and so on.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

don't bother Charles...fetus has to be right all the time

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

19. The Demi Perfect Registered Senior Member

As for sexuality being something caused in one's upbringing, this is just nonses because of the vast variety in backgrounds of homosexuals and bisexuals...

And if sexuality were biological then you wouldn't get people who woke up one morning and said that they were going to be lesbians or gay men, which happens all the time.

Surely if people *chose* to be gay or straight then that would mean that everybody was bisexual - with the ability to be attracted to whoever they want irrespective of gender.

I'm fine with the latter idea, although there are undoubtedly millions of homosexuals and hetersexuals who would argue against me--

To be honest I don't mind - I just wish all the nonsense about homosexuality being immoral would stop. It's the twenty-first century and conflict and contradiction between homosexuality and bisexuality; and fundamentalist Christianity continues is just making human equality impossible.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have never heard of a case were someone just wakes up one morning and decides to be gay!

21. Shawn34m Registered Senior Member

did you know

There are studies that say that homosexuality or lesbeanism *spelling?* is actually heathy in a society? There may be an inverse relationship between violence in a society and how "friendly" the same sexes are toward eachother.

22. Shawn34m Registered Senior Member

I'll go further to say:

That asking this question almost connotates that there is something wrong with it. A study that I want to do: Why is it that gay men are so creative? We all know it. They are exelent designers, they usually have tremendously good taste in a variety of things. Usually are above average intelligence. There is something to this I'm certain. Seinfeld says: "We are so homophobic because we know deep down we have very weak sales resistence." I think he's right. We (even me sometimes) are threatened sexually by the thought of gay men. I think to feel even a slight threat in this mannor by a male is to inspire a very strong reaction. The fact remains that there is a difference psychology in regard to the homosexual male - everything positive. My inclination: I will use an over used cliche and say that perhaps they are more in touch with their feminine side - as well as their masculine side at the same time.

23. riverline Registered Senior Member

I think it has to do with the left and right side of the brain. Women tend to use the right side more than men use the right side. The left side is for logic , science, whereas the right side is for intuition, creativity, etc.. If a man biologically tends to use his left side more than men, then a homosexuality encouraging society would easily make a homo out of him, needless to say he would be more creative as you ( Shawn34m ) mentioned.