Is Homosexuality psycological or biological?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mrhero54, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes heterosexuality was the stable state... Homosexuality was just an act of desperation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you are a bad scientist for excluding an obvious state of homosexuality because you are homophobic or undeclared homosexual yourself...

someone should spank you

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

waaahhht!?! How am I a homophobe? Temporary homosexuality out of desperation is not true homosexuality. I put a good bet that most of those prisoners are thinking about a girl when their doing it. I my self am not gay... though I do have a odd fetish: a spanking would be very nice!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

an act of homosexual sex remains an act of homosexual sex, even if you dress it up in a blue dress.

I'm sure that there are heterosexual men fantasizing about men when they have sex with their wives...although they might never fulfil this fantasy.

objectivity is usually a good thing in science

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If a man desires sex with another man then he is a homosexual (or bi) its not the act that counts its the desire. Primal urge is built in and cannot be changed.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you can't make up the facts before you do science...you observe and then make a hypothesis accordingly

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm not "making up the facts" this is out a psychology textbook!

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you are allowed to think for yourself in science.

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

That’s true but you are also allowed to analyze the proof and evidence of others and confirm there validity for your self.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

apparantly they were full of bullshit.

14. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

So your saying that someone who goes through their whole life desiring men but never acts on it, Marry's, has child and then dies, is a homosexual?? They are called homo-sexual's for a reason! They have sexual encounters with the same sex. Not heterosexual encounters.

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I absolutely would, thats what they are, homosexuality isn't a "crime" someone commits, it is what someone is, just because they supress what they are doesn't mean they are a hetero-sexual, it just means they are a homosexual who happens to have sex with women.

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

the question 'Is Homosexuality psycological or biological?' already has a fixed answer in it. It assumes that homosexuality is psychological or biological before there has even been an analysis of in what situations homosexuality occurs. We find out that it is in fact a complex problem and that the question should be reformulated and that by maintaining the question we just chase our own tails.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Thats exactly what I'm saying! From what your saying closet homosexual are not gay but are heterosexuals?

Homosexuality is the desire to have sex with members of the same sex... I don't see what so hard about grasping that concept? lots of validated research has been done that shows that hormone exposure during fetal development causes this. So Homosexuality -- Biological -- Unchangeable pon in medulla -- Not a persons choose or fault!

18. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Yes! They are heterosexuals. Its sad that someone would do that but until sex comes into the equation then it is not an issue of sexuality. There is a sexual part to homo-sexuality.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Studies with Identical twins showed that particular preference (details one likes in a mate) is psychological and socially formed and enforced (psychosocial?). Preference for the sex of a mate is hardwired. All this makes evolutionary sense because psychosocial preference in a mate would be variable to a changing environment and preference for those best suited to it. For example: long ago fat people were beautiful and skinny people were not… but once food was no longer a problem skinny women and muscular men became proffered. Preferences for what KIND of mate needs to be hardwire so that people could actually have kids.

And no there not heterosexuals if they want of screw people of the same sex. If what you say was true then you can not label any virgin with a sexual preference. Also don’t change your post when I was trying to reply to your first question.

20. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

Virgins are virgins! That is what they are. Sexual Preference cannot be known because the virgin has tried neither gender. One who has not tried any food does not know what one likes. Only after the tasting does prefer-ence enter the scene. I would say a homosexual is someone who chooses (and prefers) to have sexual encounters with the same sex (hence they are homo-sexuals) than with the opposite sex: hetero-sexuals. Even if some 'trials' (shall we say

) have to be completed, one cannot know one's preference until one has tasted the range.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Really so when you were 13 you could not tell anyone what sex you proffered?... unless you were not a virgin then?

How can any High school virgin not deny s/he is not gay if they have never had sex then? I don’t get these line of thought of your, I surely do remember wanting to screw women before I lost my virginity… I really don’t remember ever wanting to have sex with men. So I think I at lest proffered one sex over the other before trying. Really now it is well know the preference is made years before the sexual act its self.

22. Charles Fleming Registered Senior Member

They can't!!

They have no sexuality. They are neither homo- or hetero- sexual.
    Yeah but until you one does gain a sexuality then one has no sexuality.
    How is it? How is this 'known'??

Surely sexuality is just a labelling system?! One is either homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual, which is defined by the subjects behaviour. While one has no sexuality then one cannot be labelled.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Take a Psyc. Class my friend or at the very lest read a psychology textbook. Sexuality is known before one has sex.