Is heard behavior spiritual?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Write4U, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMO, here is where spirituality may be found.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But many times when humans gather together there was a predisposed idea why they did so. If they gather together for a certain reason they are not a "heard" themselves at all. As an example when humans gather to protest a bad politician they do so because they all do not like that person , not because they a in a "heard" and are gathering for no reasons at all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I do not see the connection between the word "heard" and "herd behavior" (mirror behavior). Please define.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Not only spiritual...which I had a hard time connecting to people in SF...but also I heard many interesting stories in the universe like Babylon 5 and part of Star Trek that are stories for us. Same for Ramayana and Mahabharata that has people that are alive in spirit format and come back once in a while....very hard to discuss these....because in western thinking we can not bring back our reincarnation ideas....even though they can be verified by many people that have gifts...interesting...

I think anything that is 50 years away, we can not handle it....even on our trade, I have been posting for 5 years and now everyone is in it...

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I did not mean to imply that "finding spirituality" is a good thing. It is just the area and function of the brain where spirituality is formed and shaped, by our mirror neural network. This may result in spirituality of all kinds.

9. kmguru Staff Member

But the issue remains...thanks...

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Spirit is a psychological phenomenon

Herd behavior is only "spiritual" insofar as the psyche associates the abstract spirit with it.

Otherwise, herd behavior is pretty much mathematical.

11. river

Explain both with more detail