Is God to blame for all the evil in the World?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Great Old One Registered Member

I agree, but I challenge anyway. I do that. That's how we find the best ideas.

This places ourselves, each in turn, as functional elements of everything...of the universe. There's no true definition of self as you are used to doing. You are literally 'everything', only paying attention to what you consider 'yourself'. Yet in whole, including the landslide, including the natural suffering and death of men, our 'true selves' still includes those other parts. The unconscious yet dangerous parts. The parts that will let fuel run out from stars and allow the universe to rest in a cold waste and allow the last consciousness to expire. To be 'blown out'.

All of it together is 'God'. However most of it is bad...at least dangerous if not actually malevolent because of lack of intent.

God appears here to be a dumb and helpless child waking up who isn't in a position to take care of himself.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

No argument and God is just starting to recognize that without man he is nothing. I think he is about ready to get on his knees to man. As it should be.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If God is omnificent and omnipotent, then who else can be responsible for the good as well as the evil?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Great Old One Registered Member

If God is both of those, who else exists?

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Good question.

9. river

Disagree , to your edit

It is the ignorance of who god actually is . The lack of ancient knowledge that is this " evil " .

Ignorance is not bliss , rather it is a blind over the mind of the truth of reality , of then , ancient times and in our time

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yet Christianity says that when Adam and Eve did shed ignorant bliss, they fell.

The Jews call it our elevation and agree with you and I.

Christianity has been screwed up forever but they had the political power to enforce their idiotic teachings that have now become a part of Christianity.

Regards
    DL

11. brokenbutnotbeat Registered Member

I am kind of a creationist, and i believe in god, but i don't know what to think anymore, i don't think god should only come into picture when you think about all the good, i think he lets bad things happen, or lost control of this world he created at some point because he gave us freewill. I think he may have ditched on us at some point in the past. I don't know.

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Free will?

Like when he threw a fit against A & E and all of us the first time they did their will and not his. Is that the free will you meant?

If so, where was the free part?

Commands and consequences are quite good at annulling free will. Right?

Regards
    DL

13. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

So if there is a god who is really powerful, but not quite all powerful... should just be ignored, not worth bothering with?

14. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

Is a person to blame for all their children's wrongdoing. ?
    After all a parent creates the children and educates them., raises them. So they must be responsible for all the evil they do, yes?

15. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

free will with consequences is still free will

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Parents aren't omnipotent.

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. Till the age a maturity. You seem to think that the way we nurture our children is not forever the parents own responsibility.

When did you disown your responsibility for what your children ended up being?

My oldest is 45 and I still blame myself for some of his personality quirks. My responsibility and duty to my children will only end when I die.

When did your duty to your children die?

Regards
    DL

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Hogwash.

Freedom does not include chains.

If you wish to walk forward and I hold a knife to your throat, I an definitely denying you your free will.

That same condition was in Eden.

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

True and even without that attribute, we still would not kill our children through neglect the way God murdered A & E in Genesis.

All because they refused to remain as bright as bricks. Too stupid to even reproduce or even want to.

Regards
    DL

20. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

freedom and freewill are not the same thing

21. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yes. A God who isn't all powerful didn't recreate the universe.

With God is like being pregnant...you can't be a little bit pregnant. It doesn't make sense.

22. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

The thread is a about being to blame for evil. Not feeling responsible for some quirks.
    However, if you want to use that argument then by your thinking when someone commits murder, then his parents should also go to jail. As they are the ones who are actually to blame.

23. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

So God is only God if he fits your definition of God. ?