Is ET Out There?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Norman, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

You'd better check your internet connection, 'cause this shit 'sfor REAL!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The main special thing about it is this: never before have there been a release by the MILITARY from ANY country before,... This is a FUCK'n GLOBAL SCOOP MAN!!!!!!!

Check this link:
    http://www.4dreamland.com/Mambo/index.php

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

It's interesting that of the 11 objects, only three showed up on radar, and some were apparently only "points" of (infrared) light.

I'll look at the video a little later.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Considering the kind of maneouvers some UFOs have been seen to make, they would need a kind of inertia-less drive and no friction with the atmosphere at all. Perhaps they're more akin to ghosts or ball lightning than spaceships?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Nah, I think more something like a Searl Effect Generator.

8. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes ETI is out there, just not here.

10. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Thats what they want you to think WCF!
    Thats what they want you to think!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Muwahahahahaha!!!
    MUWHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!
    *cough cough* ahem.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

ah because those aliens are not intelligent, their totally insane, note I said ETI

12. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Crazy Mickey: It is intellectually childish to call a statement bogus when you do not understand it.
    The Earth is about 4.6 billion years old. Modern man has been here for about 150,000 years. Divide 150,000 by 4.6 billion, getting about .000032609 and subtract that from one getting about .99996694. Express as a percent and round, getting 99.9967%

For about 99.9967% of the history of the earth there was no intelligent life. Our species developed technology, art, music, literature, and the ability to communicate abstract ideas to each other. Those accomplishments, not duplicated by any other species, indicate intelligence to me. What is bogus about my statement?

Do you have a better estimate for the length of time there was no intelligent species on Earth? If so, tell us about it.

Others: I will go on record as not believing in any ET visitations to our planet. This argument is being waged elsewhere.

I also believe that intelligent life is very rare in the universe, although life probably exists in many places. The history of the Earth provides the only hard evidence we have on this subject.

That history indicates that life occurred almost as soon as it was possible for it to exist, strongly suggesting that life is common in the universe. It probably exists on any planet capable of supporting it.

That history also indicates that it is possible for many species to exist for tens of millions of years without evolving in the direction of intelligence. Only two (we and the Neanderthals) out of thousands and thousands of species have shown evidence of intelligent behavior. One of the two did not survive. None of our primate cousins seem to be evolving in the direction of intelligence. That history suggests that intelligent life is likely to be a fluke rather than an evolutionary necessity.

13. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Good points Dino.

I agree completely, although the number of species is millions upon millions, not "thousands and thousands."

The evolution of intelligence was not neceesarily a "fluke," but it probably arose stochastically.

Evolution is a natural phenomenon, and NOT teleological, therefore intelligence is not some evolutionary endpoint.

14. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I agree with you.......I don't think any ET's have ever visited this planet not do I think they will ever visit here.........Reason? Distances in space are too vast to travel......Even if they had ever visited our friendly planet earth, say for example, 120 million years ago, the dinosaurs would have probably turned them off a little, don't you think???

Atta Boy

15. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

wouldn't you ever accept the possibility of an Alien-ship?

This is a Serious offence to sanity.

I ask you WHY are you so obstruckted?

How can you still resist to the possibility that there IS something other than us earthlings. The Univers is THEEMING with life, contrary to your beliefs in this matter!!

How'd you think the military got al these Idears from? How would you explain the discrepancy between civillian and military research? Only a difference in Buget? Did they kill all the civillian scientists? Or did they forbid cilvil science to research these advanced concepts? Or do they Boycot individual scientists by destructing their credibility?

Tell me what you think how this phenomena is possible,...with all it's aspects, ranging from social issues to philosophical and economical et cetera.

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  16. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

Norman, if you started up this thread just for self-indulgence and to find support for your claims that Intelligent life DOESN'T exist, then we are finished talking.

17. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I can't prove that any ETs have either landed or not landed here, nor can anyone else......I would love to find the evidence (I mean solid evidence) to confirm that they have. You know like an ET shaking hands with Colin Powell or holding little children while their mothers take photographs of them........Photos with just lights blinking on and off does not convince a skeptical mind..........So unless you or someone else can show the rest of us otherwise, then how can one support an ET is alive and well theory? Have you visited Devils Tower lately???

Atta Boy

18. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

I think the overall trends in opinion expressed hear have been: ET intelligence does exist, but may not be common even if biological life is, and has quite likely never visited the Earth - at least, not in historic times.

If technological intelligence is such a rare evolutionary development that Mankind is the ONLY one dwelling in this galaxy at present, surely others must yet exist somewhere among the countless billions of visible galaxies.

It might not be so terrible if we are alone in the Milky Way: at least we'll have no competition. Within a few million years, humans could conceivably colonise every suitable habitat from Core to Halo. There should be no end of biological variety to study, and maybe dolphin-like beings to communicate with - just no-one to descend on us with planet-smashing weapons, and wipe us out before we advance far enough to threaten them.

19. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

So far the only evidence for life existing in our galaxy is just us.......As you mentioned in your previous post, we may be the only ones in our galaxy that have evolved to point of having some degree of intelligence (how much remains to be seen). I agree with you that there may be other galaxies out there with planets that have some degree of intelligent life on them. Unless we recieve a strong radio signal from another nearby galaxy that meets all the criteria for an intelligent ET message or we get a group of ET space travellers that drop by for a visit (friendly or otherwise), then all we can do right now is guess about the possibilities..........

Atta Boy

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Norman,

ah why not within our galaxy?

21. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

No one can say if our galaxy contains any intelligent life forms besides ourselves.......No real solid evidence of radio signals jamming our airwaves yet from ET. If there is life or there was an advanced intelligent life living elsewhere in our galaxy, we should have recieved a message from ET by now I would think........even if it was 30,000 years ago, they would be sending out signals anyway, just like us, for whatever reason. It's hard to believe that once an intelligent ET civilization living on another planet in our galaxy for example, reaches an advanced state of technology, that they wouldn't want to send out radio signals??? Maybe we should take another look at the "WOW Signal" we received back in the 70's again......I think that particular radio signal had some possibilities.

Atta Boy

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Radio signals get very week traveling several thousand light years, there a good chance we would never pick up anything from aliens unless they were intentionally beaming a message to us.

23. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

I don't expect that earth would ever recieve an intentional strong radio signal from ET.......Why would they send one to us if they don't know we're here and with some degree of intelligence to reply? Even a strong random radio signal sent by ET and recieved here on earth would be a billion-to-one or more shot anyway.....However, I still think the "WOW Signal" we picked up back in the late 70's had some good possibilities and it probably (I say again, "probably" and I can't prove it) originated from deep space, regardless of what the critics say about. It met most if not all of the criteria as a strong radio signal having come from deep space. Of course, as always, it was discounted a something else. Maybe someday.........

Atta Boy