Is breastfeeding obscene?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by ElectricFetus, Jun 23, 2009.

?

Is breastfeeding in public obscene?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    90.7%
  1. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

At least wait until he's finished his meal!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Hahaha. TRY IT.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Haha that's funny! I can see it now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I never had diarrhea that bad (or IBS for that matter).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

How nice for you. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat wondering about your shitting habits.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I meant, not everyone had diarrhea so bad they had to eat on the toilet.
    lol

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Neither can I, but I can still eat on the toilet...

I usually piss or shit first, then enjoy that cookie or can of red bull that I was too greedy to put down, go to the loo and come back to...

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and do you do that to all the animals as well?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No. Your point ?

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I don't know ElectricFetus well enough to determine if he's a tit, but his position on this issue certainly does NOT make him one, in my opinion. I think he's making a valid point/comparison. And if he IS a tit, would it be obscene for him to appear in public (trying to the debate on track and all)?

Anyhoo; I don't have any objection to breastfeeding in public, but I do think that private businesses have the right to not allow it if they see fit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  13. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Like, 14?

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I agree

15. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

It's more of a drinking think for me when I've had food poisoning.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok.
    So how many times have you had food poisoning?

17. Bells Staff Member

Baron, I don't know what it's like where you are from, but where I am from, when a woman breastfeed, she's not leaving bodily waste everywhere. Also, everywhere you go in the US, you should be able to access a public toilet or rest-stop. You're telling me that when you go out in your home state, there are no public toilet facilities? What in the hell kind of backward state do you live in that has no toilet facilities anywhere in public?

But to your point. Do you view breastfeeding the same as taking a dump or doing a weewee? Yes? So when your mother fed you as a baby, was it akin to emptying one's bowel and bladder? Just to clarify here.

You seem to view a child eating/drinking as being the same as going to the toilet. I am just trying to clarify something here. What in the hell did your mother feed you to make you think that feeding a child is exactly the same as emptying your bowel and bladder? I guess it would explain a lot of things in hindsight. After all, as they say, you are what you eat... And it seems your mother fed you stuff that makes you think eating and drinking in public for a baby is exactly the same as you taking a dump and a piss. You poor old thing.

I mean, the two aren't even remotely connected or even similar. Yet you and some others here seem to think that they are.

Seriously.. what did your mother's feed you as babies to make you think it is similar or even in the same league?

18. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Stop eating those passé la date burgers, tak. It's baaaad.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL. weewee. You are obviously a Mom. I know I no longer 'use the restroom' I "go potty"

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Perhaps some people pick on breastfeeding in public, because they have conflicting thoughts about it. Kinda like closet gay people picking on gay people

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  21. Bells Staff Member

Okay, fair enough. Does that mean that if people don't cover their mouth when they cough in public or their noses when they sneeze in a public area, it means that I should be allowed to wipe my backside after going to the toilet and leaving the tissues everywhere in public spaces? After all, if one group is allowed to spread their bodily fluids everywhere, why can't I do the same with the toilet paper I use in the toilet? I should be allowed to leave my used toilet paper and all things sanitary anywhere and everywhere in public because people don't cover their noses and mouths when they sneeze or cough.

Do you think that is a valid comparison?

Because I don't. I also don't see how breastfeeding can be compared to taking a dump or a piss in public. So because a woman holds her child in front of her and feeds her child in public, it is the same as someone peeing in public? Same exposure? No, it actually is not. Similar exposure would be a man adjusting himself in public. Or maybe taking his top off. How you equate public display of your genitals to a child breastfeeding is, well, beyond me. I mean what kind of sicko do you have to be to consider a child breastfeeding in public as being the same as holding your penis while doing a wee in public? Help me out here.. Is a guy's penis exposed to all and sundry in the same league as a child's head being in the vicinity of his/her mother's breasts, which is usually covered by her clothing and sometimes a drape?

22. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

SOMEONE'S mommy didn't love them enough to breastfeed. Seriously, save for the few women who can't, I do not understand why ANYONE would choose bottle feeding.

Also I would NEVER have the gall to ask a mother to feed her baby in a bathroom. Disgusting.

23. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Precisely. It's akin to saying, "I don't want anyone actively displaying they're a mother in my establishment." It's like saying, "Oh, black people don't bother me in here. I just want their faces painted white before they come in." If the business receives tax rebates and is subsidized by government monies, they don't get to say they don't want breastfeeding mothers who are not being a bother in their stores.