Is big bang theory correct?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by jcc, Apr 22, 2015.

1. jcc Registered Senior Member

my theory to explain the expending space is there is no expansion at all.

to any observer, local star/gravitational field will accelerate incoming lights from all directions.

the closer star lights will blueshift the most due to stronger gravity, therefore, the farther away stars look like the more redshift. just like what we observed.

thoughts?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. danshawen Valued Senior Member

So, they are red shifted mainly because the light has had more time to fall, and from a greater distance? And you would explain the blue shift of the Andromeda galaxy in this model because you believe it is the closest galaxy to the Milky Way? Not so. The Canis cluster galaxy is closer, and it is red shifted because evidently it is not headed in our direction.

See:
    http://www.universetoday.com/21914/the-closest-galaxy-to-the-milky-way/

Stars in our own galaxy are red shifted. This has been used for ranging, determining a general shape and identifying various spiral arm structures in the Milky Way.

Nothing made of matter or energy travels faster than light. Light may bend or Doppler shift when the observer is moving either toward or away from the source, and this is generally a much larger effect on Doppler shift than any caused by proximity to or by light propagating into proximity of gravitating objects.

More recently, multiple gravitationally lensed images of a distant supernovae have been observed going off at intervals marked in terms of decades of light travel time, so one hardly need consider Doppler shifts to determine your idea to eliminate the Big Bang doesn't make much sense. That doesn't necessarily invalidate your conclusion. Informed skepticism is usually good for science, so keep trying.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So explain it in the proper thread.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jcc Registered Senior Member

Hubble's law and the expansion of space

Hubble's law is the main leg to support the big bang theory.

Hubble's law has two possible explanations. Either we are at the center of an explosion of galaxies—which is untenable given the Copernican principle—or the universe is uniformly expanding everywhere. - from wiki

i have another explanation. my theory to explain the expending space is there is no expansion at all.

to any observer, local star/gravitational field will accelerate incoming lights from all directions.

the closer star lights will blueshift the most due to stronger gravity, therefore, the farther away stars look like the more redshift. just like what we observed.

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

9. jcc Registered Senior Member

agreed. the big bang theory is not correct.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And that's why your thread is in pseudoscience!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

jcc, I think Daecons' no was of the "your idea is bs" variety, not the "I agree, the BB is teh shits" you believe it to be.

Daecon likes this.
  12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I think you mean that the gravitational field will cause the light to have a higher frequency, it will not accelerate light to greater than c.

What do you mean? What stronger gravity?

13. jcc Registered Senior Member

yes, blue shift. closer distance, stronger gravitation force.

14. jcc Registered Senior Member

if you look around from near a black hole, you will see the universe expending much faster.

light spectrum shift is caused by gravitation, space is not expending, the distance between stars is not expending.

I think the big band theory is illusion.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your still not making any sense. What gravitational force? The earths? The milky ways?

If you are talking about the earth the gravitational force on a photon due to the earth will be same if the photon was emitted from the Andromeda galaxy or from a galaxy 8 billion ly away.

16. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

But the light from far away still has to pass through the same space as the light from nearby, during which time it is subject to the same "stronger gravitation force" and so would be equally influenced. Have you actually studied any of this properly, or did you just pick up a few ideas from popular science books? It's very difficult not to be critical, but you don't seem to have given the idea any real thought at all. I think if I wanted to challenge Big Bang theory I would want to understand it at least as well as the top six theoreticians alive today. Otherwise, you are just being silly.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

This is just an example of how the average religious fanatic zealot goes about in his/her attempt to invalidate any and all of science whenever he/she can.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No you won't. And you obviously mean expanded.
    Redshift/blueshift of light is caused by spacetime expansion [cosmological red/blueshift] Gravity [gravitational red/blueshift] and Doppler red/blueshift [relative motions of galaxies.]
    The Universe/spacetime is certainly expanding at accelerated rates over larger scales, where the DE/CC overcomes the effects of gravity at those distances and we observe cosmological reshift.
    Over smaller more denser regions of the Universe like our solar system, galaxy, local group and even further afield, gravity from these denser regions overcome the effects of the larger scale spacetime expansion and we observe cosmological blueshift.
    If you mean the Big Bang, BB, then again you are wrong. The BB is an theory of the evolution of the Universe/spacetime, from a hotter denser state, and which is supported by three pillars of cosmology discoveries.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  19. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

Are you saying Glen Miller didn't die in a plane crash?

20. jcc Registered Senior Member

i said i think bb is bs.

space is infinite.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Is there any scientific theory that you do not think is BS?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What you think is totally irrelevant.
    There is plenty of evidence for the BB, but I'm not going though all that with someone who is not going to listen anyway, suffice to say even the Catholic church recognises the BB, and it was a Jesuit priest named George La-Maitre that first came up with that model.

23. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

I am not sure that people who write "I" in lower case are allowed to have an opinion on the Big Bang.