Is anybody here bi or gay?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Less Than Zero, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

I suppose the two (By that I mean gay&religious) topics do go hand in hand.
    After all by the doctrines of many faiths we are an abomination.
    Ah whataya gonna do?

I suppose I just resent it when I'm told my natural state is wrong by people who say so cos they read in it a book. It says in the same book that God is my judge so they should get off my back an leave him to it, that's all.

The fact that I don't believe in an almighty creator is my own personal state and it's come from viewing the world with wide open eyes instead of kneeliing in prayer with them shut!

I believe that they believe and I respect that. It's just that those same doctrines are more often than not thousands of years out of date. Now I'm pushing 40 and hell I'M out of date!
    Let's move on huh?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

ahhhh, your life's just about to begin

the word that really used to stick with me as a kid --when i heard it from religiousy things was 'ABOMINATION!!!' (you can hear it echoing)...very righteous indignant people LOVE to use that term.
    know where it originates anyone? ....the patriarchs slagging off the Goddess religion is where

NOW. Arthur Evans, a Gay scholar reckons that the term faery was very much connected with Queers being involved with Goddess religions. Also 'faggots'--said to mean Queers being used as faggots to light the fires to burn Queers, Witches and Heretics
    So...interesting theory. considering what i have learned about the ferocious reaction to women, Goddess religion and Queerness, etc by the patriarchy it seems quite plausible
    so, i hope i have opened you up to the real meaning of 'abomination' bbc boy. has the sting gone? hah

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Less Than Zero -1 Registered Senior Member

I'm "curious", I guess. But they just wanted to make sure that if they proclaim it, then a lot of people wouldn'tbash them. They said they might be coming here soon

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

I'll bite on this topic...... I'll admit that I'm bi-curious. I'm a 33 year-old married woman and my husband knows that I am bi-curious (and it gets him aroused thinking about it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

). Would I ever let anyone in my family or closest friends know? Never. Does it actually make me bi since I've have had thoughts about it? I don't know. I just know that if the right woman and the right time came along I might be game (but I don't know who the right woman or when the right time would be).

Cheers.

8. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

ahahahaha... its like me when Im drunk

9. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i heart pie.
    you do the math

10. deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I'm guessing this is probably because girl-on-girl pictures/videos have two people of a gender that a heterosexual man is attracted to.

12. FieryKitten Registered Member

Oh, who even cares? Honestly, what's the difference, we're all people, our potential lovers are all people.

I guess what's important really shows...do you care about having children, do you care about social acceptance? If so you're straight. If not, you're probably bi.

I know someone will claim that they absolutely don't care about either of those things and they're straight. Bull. You were all raised in a society where such things were frowned upon. It's drilled into your head that this is wrong, so you won't do it, and you'll have a bad reaction to it.

Homosexuality is common historically.

FK

13. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't necessarily mind being a father, and I tend not to care what society thinks, but I am heterosexual because I am sexually attracted to women rather than men. Societal pressure may prevent some people from acting on their sexual attractions, but it doesn't prevent these attractions from existing in the first place.

14. FieryKitten Registered Member

If we lived in a world where people openly formed intimate relationships with either sex and there was no stigma attached to same sex relationships, then no one would know the difference, we would all just be attracted to personalities and appearences.

FK

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

People would know the difference because gender wouldn't cease to exist in this hypothetical world. Heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality would still exist. People just wouldn't care about them anymore.

16. FieryKitten Registered Member

I'm not so sure that people wouldn't just love who they love. Maybe there would be a preference, but probably not and exclusive one.

FK

17. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think a society without any stigma attached to sexual orientation would result in more homosexuals and bisexuals living openly. It would quite possibly result in people being more willing to "experiment" when it came to same-sex relationships. But I don't think it would result in everyone becoming indifferent to the gender of their spouse/significant other.

18. FieryKitten Registered Member

Eh, well, you're probably right at least to the extent that most people would most likely end in a heterosexual relationship.

FK

19. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

You make it sounds like some abstract social thing... How about I like women because they're pretty, men are ugly, and personalities usually match?

EDIT: This can also be taken as an answer to the "why are lesbians ok, but not gay men?" thing, btw.