Is America a WASP state?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Aug 21, 2009.

?

Is America a WASP state?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

72.2%
  3. Some other opinion

11.1%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Because the question was asked, and he is a politician. And people like you would wonder why he did not... if he did not.

They probably have Muslim candidates in the same way you'll see one appear in western politics from time to time.
    Not a single one has any real hope of getting elected into a position of real power. It's a gimmick. The token Muslim. The token Christian. The token black representation on American TV. Whatever.

Bull. Shit.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

As long as it isn't yours.

I know why you're here, SAM. The majority, apparently, do not, and treat you with a respect not accorded to your western equals.

You could have grown up in Alabama, USA and you'd be exactly the same person... with different ideals. Expecting you to understand that, though, is like expecting a sheep to consider why it chews grass.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lovely. I added it to my messy journal of jottings.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. WillNever Valued Senior Member

If there are some white people out there, and they're clashing with some brown people somewhere, you can be sure that SAM will automatically start defending the brown people. It's the automatic response for her. The animalistic one, really. Primitive human behavior is to gravitate toward those who appear and think most similarly to you, and to shun those who are different. We shouldn't blame her for reverting back to so basic a response to threatening people and threatening ideals because she is, after all, just a product of her environment.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. DRZion Theoretical Experimentalist Valued Senior Member

Sad but true. These instincts cannot be ignored as they are incredibly deep-seated. They have to be coped with or otherwise they will chisel their way into the subconscious mind from where they will do damage.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, you excluded msot of the Christians (even most of the Protestants), most of the Anglo Saxons, and most of the Whites, from your reference.

Most people view America as predominantly white and Protestant - and that's accurate enough, as far as it goes. If they view it as Anglo Saxon as well, that's either ignorance or sophisticated analysis of underlying forces, depending.
    I think yes. The Abrahamic faction dominates, and does not embrace the Other. But I would have said one needed to be white, five years ago - and Protestant, fifty years ago.
    Not just born in England, but raised and educated and reached adulthood there. He was English, very English, all the way through - not American at all.

He did work and travel in the country, and wrote about the experience - e.g:

" On the Circuit
    - - -
    - - -
    God bless the lot of them, although
    I don't remember which was which:
    God bless the U.S.A., so large,
    So friendly, and so rich."

Wallace Stevens, now, was American - and WASP; but not quite all his life:

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

? not all slavs are Orthodox christians. Eastern one are russian orthodox western tend toward roman catholic and southern split between muslim and greek orthodox

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not all Teutons are Catholic Christians, either.

But the association of Nazi sensibility with WASP ethnicity was the issue.