Is America a WASP state?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Aug 21, 2009.

?

Is America a WASP state?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

72.2%
  3. Some other opinion

11.1%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

You don't have pride in your religions role in how your country is, SAM? Is pride offensive to you? Does your little book tell you it's a sin?

And don't give me "not at all", you dishonest little girl. You know damn well what you were trying to do, and so do I. What you truly dislike is that a country is built on values that differ from your own. That is all.

America is changing anyway. The truly peaceful are sitting back and watching, not standing on soapboxes trying to hurry it.
    What does your little book have to say about that?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It would seem that most Americans would agree with you since they voted in a black man who was "accused" of being a Muslim.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

He's also accused of being a Nazi. Your point?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats an excellent example. Would it matter more if he were a Muslim or a Nazi?

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Would it matter if he were a muslim or a nazi?
    :roflmao:

That smilie by the way is my answer.

Was that supposed to be a 'in good faith' post?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No I'm really curious, I have seen many more articles discussing his religion than his Nazism.

I was even asked on campus by an American how he is not a Muslim if his father is one. Apparently Islam is genetic.

And I still don't know why it matters if America is not a WASP state.

What if he was a Hindu or a Buddhist? Would it still matter?

10. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Which is, it appears, all you seem to care about.

Do you not understand that the vast majority couldn't give a shit if he was the pope's bastard son, as long as they have food on the table?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So why did he have to assure them on his Christianity?

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sam all you are doing is buying into Republican propaganda. There was the 'war on terror' remember? There was the islamic threat. All that became used by the opposition to try and sully him. They tried to use the fact that he had smoked pot, they tried to use his minister, they would have tried to use an extra-marital affair if he had had one. Everything is fair game when one is trying to beat the opposition in a U.S election. They did the same with the clintons. If there as a single woman and someone had found out that she had had an abortion when she was 20 they would have used that. So why are you buying into republican propaganda? No one else did because he's in office right now.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So lets get this straight. Obama being a Muslim would be on par with terrorism, adultery, drug abuse and abortions? [not to forget nazism?]

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

What! I didn't infer that sam this is you twisting words again to make what you will of it. Are you sure you don't work as a republican propagandist?

Read my post again and stop behaving as if you are too stupid to understand the meaning as written.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do explain.

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I just did. In an atmosphere of fear that the Bush administration had orchestrated the best way to sully a charismatic popular hopeful is to say he represents all that one fears. Surely you are smart enough to understand that sam:bugeye:

17. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Because he's a politician, you lumphead. Because the issue was raised, probably by those he stood against, and he had to answer it.
    You don't understand or have politics in your country? Your politicians aren't subjected to any attack the opposition can think of which might undermine their credibility?

I can only wonder what you would have said had he replied, "Yes, I am a Muslim, and I'm proud of it".

Something tells me you wouldn't have given a second thought as to why or how the issued was raised, under those circumstances.
    Would you.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why did he need to "answer" it?
    So being a Muslim would undermine his credibility? Even the Shiv Sena and BJP have Muslim candidates. And their platform is anti-Muslim.

I would have still wondered why he needed to address it.

19. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Whatever Sam. This was an issue for five minutes a long time ago so I don't know why you are harping on it. Has there ever been a muslim prime minister in India?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, but we've had a Muslim President. More than one. I don't recall any candidate who would have made a good one, tbh. I would have voted against most of those fielded even ones I knew personally.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well then you should be happy. What are you so concerned about? The U.S isn't your country and you have no respect for it. Deal with your own issues in your own country and maybe you will one day have a 'good one'.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Can't avoid dealing with American issues. Since they come home to us. The Muslim President and the Muslim actors get set aside for security checks by the Americans. They have Muslim names

23. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sure you can Sam, you can occupy your time doing something else. Never met a person from India, nor anywhere else for that matter, as obsessed with the States in the way you are. Chill out. Go and get laid or something.