Is Alien Invasion Plausible?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by RHaden, Sep 5, 2006.

1. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

This might not cause as much damage as you think; if the ships use an inertialess drive, they would have almost no momentum to speak of and would cause little damage on impact. That is how they do those hairpin turns...

Of course inertia-less drives are probably impossible, but you never know.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

etc.
    Their space ship probably has a chaos, antimater, fussion, fission reactor to fuel it. Each can be used as a weapon. The chances that we discover a evil alien race, that uses their digestive system and beans to proppel their ships fasther then light are probebly menancing enof biological to need any other weapon.

Yust trying to say that no such race is going to be limited to poisenos arrows or guns. The only reason why they would use a more primitive weapon is because they prefer to, aftherall it's so much more right to clubber someone to death then shoot them in the back.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

Enough of this talk of "primitive" weapons. A rock, a poison arrow, a sword, a gun, and a 30,000 ton asteroid will all make you the same kind of dead. A weapon is a weapon.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

You dont just jump technologically from making a wheel to interstellar spaceships. In the end aliens might be peacifull and when they come to the planet they will try to communicate and kill us without intention, for example maybe they utilized some high frequency radiation to transmit data embedded in the wave and our ears will snap from hearing that message.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  8. draqon Banned Banned

I say most probable scenario is, aliens exist...they have advanced so far technologically that they use control time and have created a universe within nanoseconds of time, universe that runs only nanoseconds in their world but is almost infinity in our world. In fact I think when we will advance we will create yet another universe within ours. As for aliens being in our world...they would most likely act as humans do now towards animals, wipe out those that cause danger and leave the innocent small resource using animals.

So my scenario: there are two types of aliens, those who created us and this universe and those who will come destroy most of us because we have the potential to kill them (North Korean case) and leave humans that are not powerfull enough to change anything (Zimbabwe people...or something).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  9. orcot Valued Senior Member

That would be a magnificent way to collect genes, and do some mining. But if they made this universe why would they have choosen for such a messy big bang. They could have made a more stable static universe.

And I still don't believe that any alien would want to kill us.
    There are somepsycological experiments when theyed put 2 small kids in a room with a single toy, end they end up fighting. When they put a small kid and a bigger kid together they end up playing together.

I believe that any alien race that we would meet wouldn't be threatend at all by us. Because they proberly have force fields or something that stops any bullut and bomb, they would proberly have a full covered suit because of poiseness gasses in the atmosphere. So they don't even have to worry to much on what we could do.

A worse case senario would be that we encouter a generation ship that took a 10000 years to get here because those aliens blew up there own star by accident.

10. draqon Banned Banned

I look at whats around me and judge upon it and transcend the situation to a parallel situation. Human to a skunk is like an alien, humans destroy skunks because skunks smell bad, humans leave only some skunks that either dont smell bad or are in such small numbers that they have no threat to humans. same applies with aliens vs humans and vice versa.

11. orcot Valued Senior Member

Perhaps but humans do not go and invade skunkplanet. To kill evrey last one of them, we are forced on the same planet. If a alien doesn't like our color our smell he can yust leave.
    Besides I can gonnestly say that I've never seen or killed a skunk. The worst I do is killing a couple of ants now and then and that's certainley not with the intention of killing all ants in the world.
    There aren't much annimals that are perpesly hunted down to extinction. But then again those were genreally jews and indians.
    So yeah it's possible that they would kill us all but I'm still hoping that they won't

12. draqon Banned Banned

Mars is the closest possible colonization-worth planet we will live on. If there were indeed Martians on Mars, after a while of sharing space with them on Mars, we would take over the territory. Humans are like bacteria, give bacteria agar and they spread and eat everything up until they die in their own wastes.

13. draqon Banned Banned

Meanwhile some of us are hoping for "God's grace" or "aliens good nature" I would have laser blaster gun ready just to make sure.

14. orcot Valued Senior Member

then again life on mars proberly is bacteria. I'm not saying that we should exterminate them all. But if we look for them for like 50 years and put them all in little habitats then why wouldn't we go terraform the place (meaning destroy the rest of them), their is aftherall a difference between bacteria and intiligent lifeforms.

Well if your up against a enemy that you can't win against. It might be best not to piss them of.

15. draqon Banned Banned

If there was intelligent life on Mars, I used it as example.

and be slaves forever? kneeling before others does not run in humans' blood. One day or another the aliens will be pissed off but before that happens and before we meet those aliens lets advance our war technology as far as possible.

16. orcot Valued Senior Member

I can very wel expect us to kill intiligent species, it's in our nature. But even then your argument doesn't make much sense it's like exterminating all moslims to end the conflicts in the middle east.
    demanding peace by superior firepower... nice ID

17. orcot Valued Senior Member

actually being slaves is also in our blood, people hate taking responsibility for their own actions. It's being the master that isn't our cup of tea, because humans are so dam egoistic they would keep pushing their slaves until they drop death.
    Do you think that a early human anno 10000 BC with a life expectancy of 30 years would prefer freedom over the chance to triple his life expectancy, figuring out wat a fridge is because he has to live and work in a world where there are no big hungry teeth behind his back?

18. draqon Banned Banned

Cro-magnons won the war for superiority against all other human looking species like Neanderthals. With the number of wars humans were in, it is clear that humans fight for their cause. Anyways people are different, some are pu**ies and some fight for their cause.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

Yes but what exactley is the human cause, being the biggest psychopath.

Again with the example that was because we were forced on the same ice clump with little or no food. I don't believe we would have killed them all if it wasn't for the ice age.

20. draqon Banned Banned

you're a human, you ought to know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ok maybe a bad example...neanderthals might have been just not intelligent enough themselves that they died. Ok humans cleared out forests before themselves to make the land usefull, they killed and hunted food, original buffalos are all gone in US West...all dead. Humans now have farms were they grow animals, slaughter them, distribute the meat, and eat that meat. Imagine aliens arrive and they are blood thirsy vampires, blood has lots of good stuff for it to be used as food, and incubate humans on farms and then drain their blood... scary, but from a piggy on some farm point of view, thats exactly what is happening, except we might argue that the piggie might not be intelligent enough to realize what is happening.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. orcot Valued Senior Member

actually our blood is proberly verry interesting to alien species, hemglobine red blood may be dominant but there are many more types from pink to blue to even green. So with some genetic tinkering they proberly could make some usefull hybrids that can life in oxygen poor or ph high enviroments.

And abouth the blood thirsty vampires. I can't imagen why they would feed of a intiligent species, the risk for a outbreak becomes higher when the species is smarter and has thumbs.
    We would then actually has somthing to trade because humans aren't wreally interested in blood so we could sell theme waste cow blood mammals are mammels aftherall I can't imagen that the taste would differ so much.

22. draqon Banned Banned

Ok...

It turns out that it wasnt God who created us but aliens. The aliens come back on Earth and see what Earthlings have come to, the chaos that has happened, the lifes lost, hatred towards each other and accumulation of wishes to die and kill each other. The aliens will have only one decision, to destroy the foul seed that they planted on the planet. On to another world they will travel to seed yet another planet and see whether the beings will realize true harmony and be rational.

23. orcot Valued Senior Member

Well why would they if we would destroy our selfs, there is still somthing like horrid fasination. If we were a sociopolitical experiment they could most simply wait until the experiment collapse upon itself, or add a unknown element to see how it reacts. For example release a verry sturdy plant that releases a chemicale that reduces the production of testosteron.
    (Did you tought death was the worst possible outcome?)