Is Alien Invasion Plausible?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by RHaden, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

To the first sentence: Why?

To the second: It's not up to them. It's called competition. There are a lot of us, and we are damned good at destroying shit, and not only are we damned good at destroying shit, we know how to get around others' attempts to stop us. It's not like we're helpless cattle, just sitting out there in the field waiting for the rancher to come buy with a machine gun. Geez.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You can't know why they would come here.

Maybe they will blast off all the oxygen because it is poisonous to them. After all it is a posion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Do any of you remember the television show V?

Yes an Alien invasion is easily possible, and would be impossible to stop unless we had help from aliens. Basically, Aliens powerful enough to get here, could easily enslave us with technology, viruses, etc and we'd have no idea who the aliens are because it's not like they'd be stupid enough to attack without stealth.

Roaches could be their spy technology, so they'd essentially know what every human and animal on earth is doing through insect bots. Then you have the fact that with modern genetics nothing stops them from coming in human form, or even from simply hiijacking human bodies with viruses and or chips, and there would be no way to stop it. We would be as defenseless as cattle.

..Or perhaps not completely defenseless, as aliens would need our genes more than we do. (Our bodies are designed for this climate). In a way if aliens did come here they'd have to enslave humans to operate here and that is a weakness in itself.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005B8UD?v=glance

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Novacane Registered Senior Member

If a advanced race of aliens came to planet Earth to take over, then point them to Washington D.C. first. Preferably the White House for starters. It's better to get rid of the so-called elected corrupt politicians who run the country first. Right now, Washington D.C. is full of them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. RHaden Registered Senior Member

Hey Jaster - did you see my reply to you?

9. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

I did. I'll probably respond in a little while.

10. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

If they are coming here just to destroy things, and they have no interest in living here, then they'd probably just redirect a large asteroid in our direction. Bam. We're all dead.

Of course, what you're suggesting would mean that the Aliens were very stupid, since they would have picked an Oxygen rich planet to colonize, when there are plenty of other bodies in the Galaxy to choose from.

11. Vega Banned Banned

They would probably want Bill Gates back!!!

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

They have the oxygen-cydronator. It doesn't matter that there is oxygen. It gets rid of it.

And the nasty bugs that live on oxygen.

13. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

This thread lead me to a question:

Why do some people wish to be invaded by aliens?

17. Novacane Registered Senior Member

Probably because it's something different. Aliens......Preditor type who enjoy only fast food. That kind of thing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Zombies would be more fun than alien invasion. But I'd rather wait for convincing VR games to experience a zombie attack.

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

we have had this discussion before, i believe.

i firmly believe that you would survive a zombie invasion, however....i would not call it "fun".

everyone should prepare for that eventuality...just because it has never happened before, doesnt mean that it cant or wont.

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

quick bit of trivia:
    Robert Englund (better known for his role as Freddy Krueger) got his break in film and screen acting on that show.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What if we will be invaded by something that is neither alien nor zombie?

22. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I have a small number of 1kg silver bullion. Perhaps it can be manufactured into silver bullets?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

personally I think the earth will be invaded by the devil's minions.

They will kick our asses.