Is Alien Invasion Plausible?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by RHaden, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

No, hydrogen is the most abundant element. Water is not an element, but a molecule made from two different elements. In any case, water isn't as abundant as some think. Most examples of water in the universe have other things in it that make it toxic, like sulfur or methane, thus making it unsuitable for living things to utilize.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Starduster3 Registered Member

Except in the interest of science. By studying us they could conceivably learn about there past if we had anything to do with their past. If we are so nieve as to believe that we were the only humans that God created, then we are stupid. I believe that we are only one of many planets that God had created and that some of those planets or beings could have possibly been created long before we were. Maybe even several thousands of years before us. This doesn't mean that they look or act like us, but it would mean that there technology could or would be far superior to ours, which goes without saying.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaleyPaley Registered Member

The way I look at it is to imagine it the other way round. If we had the technology to go to another planet and met a technologically inferior species, there would be very mixed reactions. Love and hate from religious groups, unscrupulous exploitation for profit, well meaning preservationists. Each group would have very vocal proponents.
    I also look at history and how advanced races have interacted with less advanced ones: diseases, drugs, biased trade, slavery, etc have often been the outcomes.
    I can't imagine it would be much different if they came here.
    On my homepage you can find more interesting discussions of a similar nature.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.