Is Abortion a right someone should have?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by hug-a-tree, Dec 31, 2005.

1. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I guess that's just the way it goes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

parasite
    One entry found for parasite.

Main Entry: par·a·site
    Pronunciation: 'par-&-"sIt
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle French, from Latin parasitus, from Greek parasitos, from para- + sitos grain, food
    1 : a person who exploits the hospitality of the rich and earns welcome by flattery
    2 : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism
    3 : something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return
    - par·a·sit·ic /"par-&-'si-tik/ also par·a·sit·i·cal /-ti-k&l/ adjective

Yea... Embrios are parasites

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

I'm Just going to Throw this out here, Not that it's an Opinion But more it's a thought.
    The Catholic church's are HIGHLY against not only abortion, but also Birthcontrol.
    Why then, should they be against something that Nun's and Priests are never going to partake in? OR Understand. They Will Never Face those choices and Decisions because of Their Vow (Along with Different religious Groups) Now My Question is, Why Did Abortion become a RE looked at Situation By the Government, when It is a Moral and Religious issue for the most part any way? basically It feels as tho we are NOT "free" to "chose".... There are some Nasty Hormones that play a part in Pregnancy that effect the WANT to carry Full term. My Opinion is that that is one of many reasons, for an abortion. It boils down to the Woman who is Pregnant in every case.... It IS no one else's Decision or Choice But hers. the Government and different Religious groups should Turn a cheek JUST like they Do in other situations. If Some one (and Men Can't) Empathise with pregnancy, then they should have absolutely NO say in the Choice department. If You are not the pregnant women, You should have no choice in HER Decision.
    Bye The way, I have three addorable Parasites Whom I Love and am raising... Had I not had them, I wouldn't have known if I would enjoy them or not. True For every one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

COMPLETELY agree with you.
    many of te ones against it are men.
    tey aren't screaming to get homes for kids living rough, or up in arms about children being hunted down and shot like raTS IN THE PLACES LIKE bRAZIL etc now arrre they? but any high ground and theys ON IT
    especially if votes are involved!

8. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

YES! and it makes me sick. I had a HELL of three Pregnancies. My Horemones were Messed up every time, I broke my Husbands Nose and was on Probation for Spousal abuse... Basicly, All those tiny agitation hormones wrecked havac through my whole System... So carrying a Child you don't want, or want to put up for adoption to Full Turm has MANY Turmoil things that only the women who is preganant can Chose or not chose to do.

9. draqon Banned Banned

Abortion is killing another human being. All those who abort are killers.

10. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

So who's fault is it you broke your husbands nose?
    The hormones?
    Sounds like you "chose" to break his nose.

He should be proud he reported it, you'd be suprised how many women hit men - who are then too scared of being called a sissy to report it, or just plain hit back.

I wouldn't deny womens right to abortion, but I also wouldn't deny men the right to their feelings about the issue, especially if its his child too, and he wants to be a good father.
    I would also encourage both men and women to use pre-sex birth control rather than having to resort to pre-natal birth control.
    I think its those women that get multiple abortions due to carelessness or "lifestyle" rather than any medical reason - who give the procedure a nasty stigma.

Why is it that men who get women pregnant but then run off because they don't want the baby - are the biggest bastards of all time,
    but a woman who gets pregnant and then aborts it because it doesnt suit her career/lifestyle is simply excersising her right to choose?
    Hmm, yet again, I smell double standards.

11. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

Nasal Breakage and the Consequences of 9 Years ago Taught me a VALUABLE Lesson. Not only Of My Self but ...... also about the Process of law, AND The way Love and Devotion Can work out. The Hormones were a Bummer.. but It was My attitude and Fist that broke his nose. There for It was Clearly my Fault. He was Devastated, but Left. His Friend Called The police because his Friend was smart. All in all, I Got help with Calming myself down. Learning to Struggle with hormonal Emotional Doo Doo. I am Glad that I was put on probation being a women. Shows Equality.
    And About the Fathers Say in it. I TOTALLY Agree.. So tho It "Boils" down physically to the Women, men have feelings about this to. That's Why I think Choice Should be open. You can have one, or not have one. If Your Stupid enough to tell your partner your pregnant then HE NOW HAS SAY TOO!! It's no "Pic-nic" Being around a Prego women. (Or Being one)......... The Multiple Abortion part, Is a Bitch, Again I Agree With that Because "ya Should have learned the FIRST TIME!"

Men Who Run off and women who abort a Wanted (by the Father) Child... your right, It IS an issue. But should Our States be a PART of that Issue? If a young man Doesn't want to be a Father, he should Take precautions and know the risks before sex, and same as a young Women... And right now it IS Double standards I Feel Women are being pitied on the one hand because it IS there body. and it IS a PARASITE IN That body. again it is the interpretation of the Person who is Pregnant. If We let the state take This "RIGHT" away from us, then what is next? Decent Counseling For men and women on Safe sex is the key.
    And Yes.... Abortion IS killing.. and I Kill Many things every day When I wash my hands and take a shower. I kill things that might harbor diseases like Flies. so Sure, Killing a Parasite IS still Killing... But it doesn't change a Fetus From being a PARASITE!

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

So? There are too many people anyway. It's not like we need more until we expand into outer space and terraform planets, make colonies, etc.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

dragon:

You're missing the point of the thread. Read the title: "Is abortion a right someone should have?"

Yes, abortion is killing another human being. The question is: should people have a right to kill other human beings under some circumstances (in particular, in the case of an unwanted pregnancy)?

Any comments?

14. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

The Ultimate answered is yes, One Should have the Right to Chose to KILL another Human Being when we are Overpopulated, have genetics that could Ultimately Kill the "PERSON" Eventually any way... There are a Thousand arguments. So... Simply put, Yes, abortion IS a Right because it DIRECTLY Effects the Physical AND Mental Health Of the Pregnant WOMEN. She should be able to CHOSE.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

16. draqon Banned Banned

Well then Hapsburg....its not like we need Hapsburg living in our world, he/she takes up too much space in this universe, there are too many people...

17. draqon Banned Banned

People have a right to chose whatever they want,the only thing is that they face the consiquences.... Abortion/killing are all life's morale. Should any human being under whatever cisrcumstances kill another human being? no.

18. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

It depends on what you define, "Human" our Expriences" Is that that makes us human"

Definition:Main Entry: 1hu·man
    Pronunciation: 'hyü-m&n, 'yü-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English humain, from Middle French, from Latin humanus; akin to Latin homo human being -- more at HOMAGE
    1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of humans
    2 : consisting of humans
    3 a : having human form or attributes b : susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature <such an inconsistency is very human -- P. E. More>
    - hu·man·ness
    Now an Embrio Can "BECOME" s humsn. though the Biology of a fetus is not yet "human" in ther terms we understand as hum. Is a caterpiler a Butterfly? No. It has the POTENTIAL to BECOME a Butterfly, But is OBVKOUSLY is NOT a butterfly now is is.. there for a Fetus, is nothing more then a parasite who could "POSSIBLY" become human, but who does not have the experience of Being a Human yet. Under those circomstances is Is NOT "a Human" Being yet, it is a Prossess. That, is what is being "Haulted" or rather "Killed"... Find me some metphysicle evodence that Proves SOUL. SHOULD this "soul" in the Embrio, PROVE IT< and not through religion, but through science

19. J.J Registered Senior Member

Should any human being under whatever cisrcumstances kill another human being? no.
    um..... ok...............
    If i rape your mom will you let her have my baby?
    don't kill me cause you are not allow to........
    man are you pissed?
    can you control yourself? why? want to kill me? sorry man it's not allowed kill another human being under any circumstances is not allowed.......
    Then why don't you turn to the other cheek and forgive me, i love being you dad anyway

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Provita Provita Registered Senior Member

Simple Question:

If abortion is not considered murder, why is killing a pregant mother considered a double murder?

21. J.J Registered Senior Member

Well because you killed another living being (the baby) with out any reason or with out the permit ion of the mother. Cause the baby is still considered a living being, and I’m not saying that the baby is not a living being, and I’m not saying that abortion is a very good thing to do, I just want to say that in our life we do things that's morally wrong but it is justified in our society, because of our own selfish reasons. For example if anyone said that killing is wrong then wtf are they eating? Nothing? Because plants are living and have life too... or why do we treat animal differently, why do we put them in a zoo for our own entertainment? but that's justified cause we are human beings we are selfish and are do things that's good for us, thus if it good for us then is justified. I believe we should have freedom and we should have the freedom to choose, thus abortion is justified if the mother chooses to do so. Two things to think about, if the choice of having an abortion is sooo wrong and bad why do most of the countries still allow it? Second question if you thing abortion is wrong then will you sacrifice your life for a new baby to be born if the population is over crowding?
    Comments please

22. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

In my Opinion JJ, you are 100% Correct! We "Kill" many things every day. Even if we are vegetarians. We KILL what Harms us as well.. I wonder if Provita Was in a Dark ally with some one with a knife if She would Fight to attempt to PROTECT herself, or just "give in" to the "Natural Process of Death."

I also Wonder how many Times Anti Abortionalists have ever said " NO " .... in a situation they Do not understand

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I guess it's just a legal term, if that term is, in fact, used.

Certainly, it is a double killing.