Iran's Nuclear Program May Have Military Dimensions

Discussion in 'World Events' started by GeoffP, Aug 28, 2009.

1. countezero Registered Senior Member

Then you have a fanciful imagination.

Really?

Okay, I'll play one more round.

Try the Economist, July 21, 2007:

"It is Friday prayers in Tehran. ... At the front under a podium is much of the country's turbaned political leadership. Also present is General Yahya Rahim Safavi, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards. ... Under the podium a green banner proclaims: 'So long as America sticks to its present policy Iran will not have negotiations with it.' ... A speaker denounces Islam's foes. 'Shame on you Israel, down with Israel,' the seated thong bellows in response. 'Death to America.'

Way to avoid the question...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

2007? Who is this mysterious "speaker" who is mentioning Israel, not the US? And the throng? Government officials all?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. countezero Registered Senior Member

I'm done playing. I'm leaving you alone with your delusions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AeaeA Registered Member

i say good luck to iran, if they want a nuclear weapon then they have every right to have one, i'm personally sick of countries who already have nuclear weapons deciding who can and cant have them, why not let the countries who have them amd have them in abundance, get rid of theirs, that might be a good place to start, do you seriously think that the threat of military action unless development of a nuclear weapon ceases is the path with the most common sense paving the way, and why is no one as worried about india and pakistan having them, or Korea, seems that certain power hungry, oil thirsty individuals have their sights set on another middle eastern country.

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

Well, then you're essentially advocating massive proliferation, which is proven to lead to instability and arms races, neither of which would seem to be your desired end result, and yet you advocate a scenario that would lead to that -- all because of some perceived arrogance on your part. That's rather silly don't you think?

Meanwhile, it seems the UN is losing patience with Iran's duplicity, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/world/28nuke.html?_r=1&hp