Iran's nuclear program grounds

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by Pongeli, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Pongeli Registered Member

We have been told that iranians centrifuge used nuclear fuel to make new fuel for nuclear reactors. I was wondering do power plants in other countries allready use plutonium or whatever they get from it as nuclear reactor fuel? Or do iranians try to tell they have invented something first in this planet?

Edit: Silly me I could just as well googled. Wikipedia says: The most common fissile nuclear fuels are uranium-235 (235U) and plutonium-239 (239Pu)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tashja Registered Senior Member

Iran wants to be part of club that has nuclear weapons. They think you get more respect if you do. Fuel rods are given to you for the asking (I think), so no need to make Plutonium.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

No they won't gain respect. Look at Pakistan, does it have more respect? No. Iran only wants to intimidate other nations around it for the most part. Iran can easily buy an atomic weapon from Russia or China, who have not as yet sold them one. Iran likes to keep the world press at its doorstep to create more problems for everyone by developing its own stockpile.

Fuel rods are not "given " away they are sold or made by countries that do that sort of thing. Fuel rods cost money and that is why countries want to be able to make their own.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tashja Registered Senior Member

Yes, that is true, Buddha. No respect.

Yes. They send material, and get fuel rods in exchange.

8. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Or money.

9. river

the thing is though , Iran moves towards and has increased its centrifuge program , is that ultimately , the only superior that the Iranian government answers to is their Islamic religion

they can lie to anybody else , because to them it isn't a lie

to the Iran government , most around them are infact infidels

that to me seems to be their attitude

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

As long as the US, Russia, China, the UK and France have nukes everyone should be able to have them. Just look at Bush's comments that he wanted to build tactical nukes which could be used on the battle field. Its only "tradition" which has kept them as a statigic weapon against eachother and so IF iran wants to build them its really the US's own fault.

11. river

you missed my point

Iran is building nuclear missles based on religious sentiments nothing more

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

So what? the US ISNT a religious fundermentlist country? the attacks on Iraq and the desire to use nukes there WERN'T religious wars?

How many comments did Bush make about "God is on our side" "God wants us to invade" etc

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen - yet another typical "Asguard-ism." He thinks it's proper to take the words of a *single* person (prominent or not) and from that alone make a general statement that covers an entire country.

So I suppose it would be fair for any of us to do the same, right? Using him as our measuring stick, and since he has THE poorest spelling of anyone here, we cannot help but conclude (by HIS manner of reasoning) that Australia is populated by semi-illiterates.

(Somehow I don't think that's gonna fly!)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Read if US not religious country when was the last time you had an athiest as a serious candidate for president?

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I honestly don't know - and don't care either. But by the silly logic you use, I suppose you think we're all Black since we happen to have a Black president.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Since when have you been unelectable if your not black?

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

See??? Even MORE absurd Asguard nonsense. Since he cannot see that he's used VERY faulty logic, he also fails to get the point of my more-than-obvious sarcasm. Sheesh!

18. Engell79 Registered Senior Member

I don't know what to fear most....
    Iran having nuclear wep's and prolly be dumb enoughf to use 'em or.....
    The war that would come if Israel and us get the idea to shut em down

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

IF there was a war, it would be a *very* short one. Iran would be ground into dust (sand) *very* quickly.

20. Engell79 Registered Senior Member

Iran is a whole other ball game than Iraq or Kuwait or Afghanistan. It would in my opinion become the new Vietnam, and set the superpowers of the world in opposite ring corners with very different wishes!

Iran would most likely be torn apart with opposing fractions that would consider now action to violent or to destructive to achieve their goals. China, Russia and Europe/USA/Israel on each their side.