Iran trys to get holland to ban dutch mp's film about the "violence provoking koran"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Mein Kamf is banned in the Netherlands? Ha, are the Dutch and Germans trying to deny what they did?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And what we are finding is one case and one case only, MUSLIM fundamentalists responding violently to a 15 minute film.

No one is asking you to do that. And the Dutch have not gone to Iran to burn their flag either.

Again, do you have a point?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Interesting POV, officially it is to preserve Jewish sensibility.

Must find out if they teach about Pretoria and apartheid in the Netherlands.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your attempts to derail the thread are not appreciated, sam.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Aren't we discussing freedom of expression? I'm interested in knowing if it only extends to other societies or is also introspective. Too bad spurious isn't here. He would know.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And those fundamentalists are just that, fundamentalists who are probably extreme about their beliefs

My point is simply that people will get angry, so don't provoke them.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Then, it should be the authoritative figures within Islam that take the initiative to stop these fundamentalists from acting out their violence. It is your responsibility to show THEM, not US that Islam is a peaceful religion.

Those people may attend anger management counseling sessions to help control their anger problems. That is not anyones issue but their own and has nothing to do with the making of films. If they are unable to control their anger and lash out in violence, they will be treated as criminals and convicted.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think they should show "The Eternal Jew" with Wilders film. Then no one will feel especially picked upon.

Who has a copy of that movie?

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Those are two different topics, hence you are trolling.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What do you think about showing both movies together? All in the interest of maintaining freedom of expression?

It would reassure the Muslims that everyone is equally ridiculed.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Stop trolling.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its good to know that other people are/were also treated like crap by the same society. Misery loves company.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sam, you haven't changed one bit, still the same troll as always, derailing every thread you get your paws on and whenever you disagree.

Sad, indeed.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think I am very much on point here. It is Wilders intention, since he was unable to get the Quran banned, to ridicule it and Muslims. So lets make a party of it. Have films on all those previously treated the same way by Dutch society. I'm sure there were instances of some such in Calcutta by the Dutch India Company. South Africa is there for all to see. The Jews everyone knows, they can add the Muslims to it. Prove to everyone how secular and free thinking they really are.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And since you've already stated you don't need to see the film and hence will have no idea as to it's content, and that fact that you're examples are fallacious, your responses here are trolling. Go away.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not surprising you guys get manipulated by Emperors in New Clothes, over and over. I'm done.

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

To me it's just a stupid film. If it's full of shit then Muslims can say so. Same for anti-Jewish propaganda or anti-Chinese or Anti-Japanese or anti-Black ... let the idiots have their say and then stand up and refute them point for point.

The WORSE thing one can do is try to ban them from having their say, that only makes things worse.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Agreed, so long as its across the board. Others why pretend its freedom of expression they are defending?

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, we were discussing how grownups and civilized people handle things when angered by the essentially trivial.
    I think you could. And we were trying to campare apples with apples - these provocations were not Dutch people going to Syria and projecting their movies on the public billboards.
    No,that's not the reason.
    I think it became a big deal when backed by death threats and physical harm, which it organized. The death threats and harms are kind of the other direction, here, and the organization on the other foot.
    It's also introspective, has been for many years now.
    Which Muslims? Some would better assure that by not being unusually ridiculous, or developing a sense of proportion - even humor ? Others could simply note that ridicule is pretty well distributed, in the Western world. As is disrespect, ignorant and otherwise.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, you are perfectly free to have your opinion about any topic you choose, as long as you don't derail threads to do it. We are talking about a Dutch film on Islam, we are not talking about the extermination of a people. Stay the fuck on topic.