Iran trys to get holland to ban dutch mp's film about the "violence provoking koran"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I'm sure, if I go to Amsterdamn burning the Dutch flag....they'll just laugh......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

That's practically criticism. If one is merely going to mock another's ways, that's just disrespect. If they are going to question or criticise, that's criticism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, did the Dutch go to Iran and burn their flag? What is your point? :shrug:

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How very interesting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Compare your treatment in that case with the treatment of the Dutchman going to Mecca and setting fire to a Quran.

It's motivating death threats, just the allegation of having a scene of that in a movie in Holland.

If you put a scene of Dutch flag burning in your movie you make and show in Syria, India, etc, I seriously doubt the Dutch will put out a contract on your life - any of them. You will not need police protection.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, now they merely bomb civilians in Afghanistan to counter the Islamic threat. More progressive.

12. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

The Dutch are bombing Afghanistan?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup. Dont you know?

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

That simply shows that they won't bother hunting me down.

However, we are discussing if they will laugh or be angered.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Intelligent criticism is very fair and there's nothing wrong with that, but blatant and ignorant, unintellectual disrespect is another thing.

The Dutch can form some society to criticise Islam, but showing videos of bad drawings of the Prophet isn't really criticism.....it's just ignorant disrespect

16. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Oh, NATO forces.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Regardless of how you spin it, nothing will stop people from making ignorant, unintellectual, disrespectful movies about anything and everything. Since Islam has been in the headlines these past years, it has become fair game for all sorts of criticism, disrespectful and otherwise.

Violence to censorship won't stop it and will only serve to demonstrate the content of the movies are correct.

From your perspective, it's ignorant and disrespectful. So what? There is ignorance and disrespect everywhere. If violence is the only way you know how to deal with it, then you cannot claim Islam to be a peaceful religion.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you think the distribution of anti-semitic books, literature, movies, etc by the Nazis was no big deal?

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

If the people react violently, that's their issue. However, it should be anticipated that anger will arise.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But, it certainly should not be anticipated or expected that violence will arise.

Anger management courses and counselling are available for those with issues.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Certainly expected. As I said, the extreme will respond extremely when they are mocked. I can't go to Amsterdam (lovely city) and call the Dutch a bunch of babies and burn their flag without expecting a mob to kick my ass

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member