Iran seizes 15 British troops in Persian Gulf

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mr.Spock, Mar 23, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You're refusing any acknowledgement of human rights in Baluchistan? Why does that matter so much to you?

Wrong - I condemn the practices of islamic countries as defined by sharia, and sharia itself, and islam. Your recharacterization of all criticism as attacks on muslims is disingenuous and ridiculous.

No. I want Iranian troops to leave Baluchistan. Why is this so hard for you to accept? A peaceful accomodation should be sought with the heroic people of Baluchistan, not occupation.

Well here we have a dilemma. The vast amount of "resistance" in Iraq is taken, typically, as a moral compass that the Americans should leave Iraq, and is one with which I generally agree. A majority opinion among Iraqis that the American troops should be attacked (while another majority wants them to stay) is proof enough to me that it's time to leave; assuming the American goals in Iraq were not justified, this would then grant Iraq it's "independence" (which, amusingly, would shortly find itself transferred into dependence on Iran, but let's leave that aside for now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

). Yet, your presumption of violence by Turkey and the rest is, for you, sufficient reason to deny the independence of Kurdistan and Baluchistan. Do you perhaps understand the inherent hypocrisy here?

Yes. And? Ah - I see. The presence of a presumably al-Qaeda linked movement in Baluchistan (for which, I note, you advantageously seem to find American intelligence unerring, whereas you are simultaneously adamant that their history in Iraq indicates otherwise

) means, in your eyes, that Baluchistan does not "deserve" independence? Yet there is little doubt that Baluchistan is being occupied for quite selfish reasons - namely, big Iranian oil interests. So why is one occupation ok, but not another?

Your support for this colonialist regime is appalling. Iran troops out of Baluchistan now!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

how did you get to Baluchistan?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Just a small test of hypocrisy.

It worked.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Otherwise known as Divide and Rule by the British. e.g. Pakistan

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not even the hypocrisy, if as well tested as claimed (debatable point), was relevant to the thread. Irrelevancies should be more entertaining.

9. draqon Banned Banned

they let them go.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually I think I heard it described by another poster here as "do as we say, not as we do". Wish I could remember who that was.

You don't remember, do you Sam?

Cheers

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It was extraordinarily entertaining to me; and to the astute reader.

And, ultimately, that's all that really matters.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly. I remember the IRA too.

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

So Geoff also rallies behind Baluchi seperatism! Ethnic feifdoms for each ethnic group. Sounds like what we crawled out of in the medieval times.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You two are too much!

No, really!

Does the existence of the IRA mean that the Irish independence movement was valueless?

No, Baluchistanian self-determination and freedom from occupation and oppression. You are perhaps against these things? And what does the desire for a separate Baluchistan mean, then? You assume violence is necessary? Why? Who will initiate it? Should someone? Who?

You mean...Europe? Europe is or was divided on ethnic grounds. Was that morally wrong? If so, how? Was violence needed to make it an integrated political entity? Occupation?

Honestly, you guys are throwing down with slogans and rhetoric. Slogans don't win arguments.

I win arguments.

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

Ethnic seperatism isn't a good thing. It's reversing achievements Man has made over our time on the rock. Championing seperate enclaves for every ethinic group redraws the maps of the blood drenched Middle Ages. Instead of two countries competing for resources seperatism adds more groups, seperated by race or culture, vying for a living. White supremacists support seperate little bantustans for each ethnic group too, reason enough to abandon the dead end road of "self determination" and work to unite the peoples of all countries together as we all strive to improve our lives.

16. Genji Registered Senior Member

So you want an additional Muslim republic? Maybe the USA can be divided among Catholics and Protestants, Mormons and Amish. Hispanic and Black, white and Asian. It IS self determination isn't it?

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Do they want segregation? Are Catholics and Protestants oppressing one another?

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Again: Europe was divided the same way until recently and for all practical purposes is the same. No blood needs to be spilled, save at the will of the spiller.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you believe the transformation was bloodless?

Do you recall the history of Europe?

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, they have and still are. See Northern Ireland.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the amish are protestants.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Did it need to be?