Investment books

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by justaddwater, Mar 4, 2004.

1. justaddwater Registered Member

I'm looking for a good book or two about the stock market. Something like an overview. I.E how it works, some history and the vocabulary used etc.

Any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nasor Valued Senior Member

You might want to check out 'A Random Walk Down Wall Street. I highly recommend it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

Just buy this Book :

Buffetology By Mary Buffet,David Clarke

this is based on Waren buffets methods.This is not an anecdote compilation or letters to shareholder collection of Warren,it is real technique of Warren.I have developed some sharehold over some companies(been successful) because of this.

After you read this: Buy another :

Buffetology Workbook by same Authors.
    This is a sort of exercise Book.

By the end of these two cheap books,you will be a Warren Buffet Avatar,I gaurantee.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

bye!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

Also these two books start from Beginner Level and take you Up there.

Take a look also at http://about.com and search for beginners investing exactly.You will find cute basics there as well,but not as good as in these two books.I could have suggested Jack Straws but thats too damm costly.

bye!

8. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

An excellent book is Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Money and Investing. I second the motion that A Random Walk Down Wall Street (mentioned above) is good too. Keep in mind that these books are focused on the stock market; they won’t emphasize what is the best overall investment. Outside of a tax-deferred account (like a 401K in the US) and assuming you've already paid off all higher-interest rate debt and have a 3-month emergency fund in the money market, you should pay off your house before investing in the stock market. On average you’ll get the highest reward/risk (that is, highest reward per unit of risk, the goal of investing) that way, allowing you to retire earlier.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That is of course that your stock broker doesn't screw you or inside traders take advantage of you or the companies you invest in don't go belly up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!