Interracial couples

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by birch, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

And in the revised edition how many HUMAN races are there?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Biological? Dunno. Depends on whose counting.
    Nobody has bothered, afaik, to approach the question via biological taxonomy. There are two genetically distinct groups of short-statured humans, both local to regions in Africa, and apparently the original colonizers of Australia were isolated as a breeding population for something like 20k years, maybe more - so that's where I'd start, if I had a lifetime to waste on meaningless endeavors. If you decide to separate out one human race from the rest of the species as a biological taxon, it looks like you will be forced (by whatever criteria you chose) into somewhere between a dozen and two dozen.

Biologically it's not an interesting question, especially since breeding isolation broke down hundreds of years ago.

Sociologically, of course, we have a couple of different established racial classification schemes in various societies - the Japanese appear to have separated the Japanese out as a race, and divvied the rest of the planet up in ways I'm not familiar enough to count; the US has five standard, but that system is breaking down; last I checked it looked like Brazil had three basic (white, black, and red or "indio") but the distinction was unclear to me (apparently Michael Jordan is or was white, in Brazil, as was Alberto Fujimori, and the hardcore distinctions are or were between red, rich, and remainder). So two to five human races, depending on the society.

Why do you ask?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

OK
    So social construct - subjective - no scientific objective reality
    The above is requesting the objective classification of humans from YOUR new revised updated biological taxonomy as per

I'm going to go with the Scientists are doing the counting

Since my position is clear about there being ONE human race no seperating out required

All subjective hence not REAL

Ditto to the above

I ask because you appear to be claiming this new

There have been recent major revisions in the biological taxonomy of most of the living beings whose taxonomy has been carefully investigated using the new genetic techniques

shows more than one race. However when asked you appear to say "don't know, didn't look, don't care"

Have you even a link to provide so I can check out?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

For your education

MY BOLD

Other species of Hominidae:
    • The only living species generally considered to belong to the family Hominidae is H. sapiens.

• The Hominidae also include several species of Australopithecus (all extinct) and several fossil species and subspecies of our genus Homo, including H. habilis Leakey and Leakey and H. erectus (Dubois).

• Some zoologists have proposed that species of Pan (chimpanzees and bonobos) and Gorilla also be put into the family Hominidae, but retain their separate genus names. A few scientists even maintain that chimpanzees and bonobos ought to be members of the genus Homo, since they are so close to us genetically
    https://projects.ncsu.edu/cals/course/zo150/mozley/humans.html

AND

History of classifying types of humans
    Races were once considered human subspecies, but genetic research shows that inherited differences do not accurately match common racial divisions. For example, since non-Africans are descended from a small population that emigrated from Africa about 100,000 years ago, non-Africans (even those representing different races) are more closely related to each other than Africans are to each other.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Human_taxonomy.html

End of the line for me

Although I will look at any link you MIGHT provide which indicates more than ONE human race currently exist

Good luck in finding one

8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If you are on the record for making racist comments, for what reasons are you propping up a world view that you periodically choose to come down from?

What next? Will we have the bourgeoisie extolling the glories of tbe proletariat milieu?

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Science is perfectly capable of researching social constructs, and establishing "scientific objective realities" to go with the other realities of human social life.
    There is a fair body of research into US racial categories and the effects of racial classifications on US society, for example.
    You still haven't reached the beginning of the line - you keep posting this irrelevant biology stuff.
    Why? Nobody you are dealing with has made any claim of biological taxonomy with regard to human sociological races. It's completely beside the point.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Do you believe that the drug BiDil exists?