Intellectuals, Philosopher and Scientists on Hinduism

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by rahul_sharma, Jan 22, 2006.

1. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Hehe, it is fun, init?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why in the world do ya think they will care enough to explain to you and seek your approval?
    As for me, well, I would prefer talking to retards at the asylum as social service, not those on the net.

So? You envy that?

Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VitalOne Banned Banned

I actually read that story from the direct scripture.

"[Lord Krsna said:] You girls bathed naked while executing your vow, and that is certainly an offense against the devas. To counteract your sin you should offer obeisances while placing your joined palms above your heads. Then you should take back your lower garments." - (SB 10.22.19)

Also there is no concept of "God" in Hinduism, devas are not "gods" the only thing like "God" is Ishvara or Narayana, who is formless, personal, all-pervading, lording over the Maya, the supersoul, the absolute truth, the basis of the impersonal Brahman. Lord Krishna is not a deva or a God, he is the supersoul or Narayana assuming a human form.

When asked by others how can he, God can make mistakes, he answered that he (as Narayana) is assuming a human form, and that all humans make mistakes, so how could he while assuming a human form, not appear to make mistakes? Krishna also explains that he is never doing anything, that instead the senses are acting, but he, the supersoul is unchanging, immovable, untouched by material nature, and that he is like actor in a drama.

When asked by Arjuna what impells one to sin, Krishna responds:
    "It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material modes of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world." - (BG 3.37)

Krishna says:
    "There are three gates leading to this hell--lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul." - (BG 16.21)

Krishna does not teach one to be lustful, nor engage in sense gratification. But Allah certainly does allow mature men to marry and have sex with pre-menstruated females, like 9-year-olds.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

And Mohammed took a 9 year old wife. So what?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

How about I make a real idiot of you?

Firstly, the hadeeth where written 100 years after the death of Ashia, and there is a contradiction because Arabs chroniclers of the time state Ashia could not have been 9.

The historian Tabari reports that Abu Bakr wished to spare Aisha the discomforts of the journey and went to Mut`am, whose son was engaged to Aisha, and asked if the marriage could take place immediately. Mut`am refused because Abu Bakr had converted to Islam. If Aisha were only nine years old in 622 CE, when she married, she would only have been two years old in 615 CE -- much too young for marriage.

Also Tabari reports that Abu Bakr had four children and all four were born during the Jahiliyyah -- the pre Islamic period. If Aisha was born in the period of Jahiliyyah, she could not have been less than fourteen years in 622.

So let me ask you something, are you going to believe in hearsay and innuendo or look at facts? :bugeye:

8. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Hi Muslim,

I have seen some islamic sites sort of 'answering hinduism'. I noticed most of the contents are cooked up and twisted stories about hindu legends. First they should get the information authentically. Next, most of the hindus don't take these legends literally. Then, there is inner fight among followers of 'different hindu gods' as to who is a superior god and who is an inferior god etc..

So, please come up with authentic quotes from hindu scriptures rather than contents from hate sites. Otherwise it would be like throwing stones at others while sitting in a glass house.

9. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

Muslim, i suggest you end hatred and realise that we all need to live together on one planet. Hindus believe that the whole world is one family (Vasudaiva kutumbakam) and that we need to make use of the world given to us by whoever you call it. Does your religion permit hatred? :bugeye:
    Let me tell you now that i know of the plan of islam. It is mentioned in the quran that muslims get eternal bliss if they manage to convert more people to islam. It is also said that the muslim may use any way, shape or form to convert even if it be violent and they will still get credit for it. There are many other sources that indicate that muslims wish to convert the whole world to islam so lo! this conversion issue is not one merely of hindus and muslims but the whole world ought to beware of the coming wrath of islam.
    Before you convert to islam read this. http://www.submission.org/islam/convert-q.html
    The majority of converts' answers to these questions will be yes, but they will be too afraid to say it in front of other muslims.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  10. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

I agree, however the inner fights in hinduism are due to ignorance of common people, however things are changing now and most hindus realise that all the gods and goddesses are merely representations of the qualities of nature, for example Ganesha would be knowledge etc. Hindus believe in one God, mainly Brahman, which is omni-present, all powerful force of nature. The way in which hinduism (and Taoism, buddhism, Jainism etc) differs from Islam, Christianity and Judaism is that these three only concentrate in belief in God. They want the world to believe and worship the supposed "God" and they will get heaven "after they die". There is no way to prove to oneself that God exists and heaven exists. In hinduism, however (and the other eastern religions) there is a way and that way is called yoga. People often associate yoga with mere physical exercises, but yoga is much more than that. Through yoga, one is able to become one with the unmanifest, undescribable force in the universe. Here is a full explanation of yoga. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raja_Yoga The final part of this yoga called samadhi is when one realises the truth about life, nature and the universe. It is only possible when one goes through the first 7 stages of this yoga. This ashtangayoga is part of Raja Yoga - Yoga of self control. Hinduism is Yoga and Yoga is hinduism. There are 4 different types of yoga:

Bhakti yoga- yoga of love and devotion to a deity. This is the path that 90% of hindus follow.

Karma yoga- yoga of selfless action, when one works for the society without desire of gain.

Jnana yoga- yoga of knowledge, one attains divine knowledge from the guru about the unmanifest reality and reflects on it constantly to become one with it.

Raja yoga- yoga of self control, also known as the king of all yogas as it is the most difficult to follow. Few tread this path nowadays. On this path, the yogi attempts to control all his emotions, thoughts, body movements, breathing techniques and ultimately as a result of all this his own mind. When there are no desires and only peace, the yogi attempts to become one with the Force through meditation.

11. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Are you now suggesting she was only 2 at marriage? Or rather that there was another marriage proposal at 2 itself?! :bugeye:

And even now, 90 year old shaiks go shopping for marrying tiny girls. Maybe you should try to convince them with your argument.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  12. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

That happens all the time in Hinduism.

13. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

So tell me, muslim, what is your goal in relentlessly insulting hinduism. You obviously want to convert us by using our tolerance towards Islam as an advantage. We have never actually started an argument against islam. Its just you that started it all by attacking hinduism. Do you want me to start on Islam? ok fine lets go-you say that Muslims ruled India for 1000 years and a muslim ruler made the Taj Mahal, but it was Hindus who were the workers constructing the Taj Mahal -GUTTED, ABSOLUTELY GUTTED. Once upon a time ago, the whole of Pakistan and Afghanistan was part of India. It was ALL HINDU. How did things change? By forceful conversion. Does the Western world know what happened to those hindus in those areas that refused to convert? The muslims pied in the women's faces and the men were executed. This is all fact, the kashmiri muslims even say that they were once hindu. It is all due to this evil, militant, forceful converting animalistic beast of a "religion" which is in reality a dictatorship with "no rights to those who do not belong to Islam" kind of sentimentality. Let me tell you this, Muslim, once upon a time ago the whole of Indonesia was also hindu. It was due to the evil, forceful spread of this "thing" called Islam that it is now strictly Muslim.

Shall i tell you the truth, muslim? There has been a prophecy by Nostradamus that Islam will one day fall and decline. I would consider this carefully. http://www.rexresearch.com/nostrjih/nostra~1.htm

14. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Where did you get this bullshit Afghanistan and Pakistan was all Hindu? lol

my forefathers were Jatt who followed Buddhism so don't be talking crap dude. Also Many Pakis are descendent's of Turks, Arabs and Mongols who ever Muslims anyway.

15. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

You guys attacked Pakistanis in another thread.

16. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Student of Yoga,
    Muslim is suffering from ignorance, so don't be angry at him. Everybody, including Hindus, must overcome ignorance for themselves. Isn't there some tennet in Hinduism concerning this?

Hinduism absolutely rocks compared to Islam, but AFAIK they are both JUST religions.

17. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

18. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MUSLIMS HATE ANYONE THAT DOES NOT HOLD ANY REMOTE BELIEVE IN ISLAM. ISLAM IS A MEDIEVAL FAITH THAT NEEDS MODERNISING AND IT TRIES TO DIVERT THE ATTENTION OF THE FAULTS OF ISLAM BY ATTACKING OTHER FAITHS. THE MOMENT MUSLIMS BECOME TOLERENT AND LOVING, CARING AND RESPECTFUL OF OTHER FAITHS AND NOT TO MENTION PEACEFUL, DEVOID OF JIHAD (EITHER ON THE NET OR ON CONVERSION) THEN AND THEN ONLY WILL I CONVERT TO ISLAM.

And then again thats not going to happen as insulting others is what muslims pride themselves on. Thats what this faith is; intolerant and disgusting. I swear that if this does not stop i will personally spread the word of these evil characteristics of islam and make it against the law to convert to islam in my country. Pakistan is now a corrupt republic so i dont see why you should pride yourself being pakistani (notice the use of pakistani and not paki-we are definately more caring and tolerent that muslims).

And then again not all muslims are like you. In India many muslims follow the same Indian culture as the hindus. Hindus and muslims generally live in harmony and celebrate each others festivals. Its only because of this belief in forceful conversion that this evil intolerence appears.

19. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

As proof of this awful islamic conversion, ill tell you that in the UK muslims are
    PAID MONEY as an incentive to convert Hindu and Sikh girls by trying to gain their love and then marrying them to convert them to Islam. I know many girls who fell prey to this, but now that the knowledge is more well known among hindus, girls are more careful and this is happening less often. The girls that accepted islam and converted were never allowed to see their hindu families ever again. Their lives were ruined and they were miserable in the end. This is the evil of islam let it be known to the wide world

20. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

Sorry, i suppose i must control my emotions and learn to vanquish my ignorance, yes there is a tennet in this.

21. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: Generalize much? Hinduism racism, Islam teaches brother good across all races so don't talk out of your backside. We all know about the caste-system

and how 90% of Hindus follow the caste system.

Hindus are intolerant, they have killed many Muslims in Gujarat Riots and the Hindu police didn't do anything to stop these loony Hindus. They have also killed many Christians and launched and attack on Sikhs and Sikhism (golden Temple massacre) Sikhs have been treated like shit by Hindus. Even been sold out to the Moguls - Sikh Gurus sold out be Hindus to Moguls for money

don't think people are stupid. Its 2006 ever ones educated now.

Even Gandhi was a racist, when he was in Africa he made racists comments to wards blacks http://www.trinicenter.com/WorldNews/ghandi4.htm Ghandi thought blacks were subhuman - this is because he was Hindu and this racist Hindu caste system taught him this.

22. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

What a load of Crap I am dating a Hindu girl, she wants to marry me and wants to convert to Islam out of free will. She despises Hinduism and doesn't even follow it, she has even warned other girls about Hinduism. And is going to reject Hinduism, she is the one that has told me all this about Hinduism the caste system, satti the subjection of woman ect, ect.

She is afraid that if her family finds out that she is seeing a Muslim guy they will take her to India and get her forced marriage and leave her there.

23. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Not all, as is evident.

BTW, how much did you get paid for trapping the girl?

Your point of view on hinduism is interesting, and you seem so knowledgeable. Actually I am waiting a long time for someone who can answer some of my questions. So I will keep asking you a few each time, please answer.

My first is whether the 4 wives allowed for you include any sub-10 year girls purchased (or) are they bonus/complimentary wives?

Second, if you talak some of the four, are you eligible to fill in the deficit with fresh ones?

I have more questions coming up, and hope to make the best of your presence here to clear my doubts.

Thanks.