Insults , Arrogance and the like

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by river, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Actually, more and more research shows that venting is not healthy. Resentment and revenge is an emotional reaction to a perceived injustice. Fantasizing about vengeance or venting your anger does not allow you to let it go. It only reinforces it. This defensive mechanism allows you to mentally devalue, and even the score with the perceived offender, but does little or nothing to correct the situation. It is a great rationalizing and avoidance technique, though.

According to Nietzsche, resentment is typically obsessive; "nothing on earth consumes a man more quickly." Resentment is an emotion that does not promote personal excellence but rather dwells on competitive strategy and thwarting others. It creates people that are no longer driven to improve themselves.

Just sayin'

See ya later, Bebes.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I resent that Trooper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What value does Nietzsche have today? Teh old.

I don't believe in repressing feelings no matter what research is saying. The long term dangers are probably not investigated enough. Of course, if there is a practical solution to a situation that causes anger then the logical reaction is to pursue with the solution, but that doesn't rule out the expression/venting either.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Ah, but your mental punishment does not fit the crime. Even if there is a rational basis for resentment, in order to let go, you have to acknowledge your weaknesses, and your vulnerabilities.

Sometimes one says more by saying less. His writing is worth reading.

Cheers!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You don't think there was some sort of conspiracy in the death by hanging of that rapist guy Castro do you?
    I'm sure he was giving the rest of the inmates there a bad name!

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

The title of this thread is : Insults , Arrogance and the like

What, may I ask, is the reason for you asking me a question like that?

What does it have to do with : Insults , Arrogance and the like?

Why are you so "...sure he was giving the rest of the inmates there a bad name!"

Wherever "there" was, you stated that there were "inmates" there...is not "inmate" a bad enough name?

Please, please. please...let this Thread remain about: Insults , Arrogance and the like!

If it means that much to you - go start a thread in the "Conspiracy" Forum.

The title of this Thread is : Insults , Arrogance and the like

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Now I feel insulted.
    It is not a joke about you. It is a play on the words you quoted ".I heard a statement by a person once that went something like this : paraphrased quote - "People who think that they 'Know It All', give a bad name to "us" few that really do!" - unquote"
    You might not have found it funny but it has been taken lightly over here. The thought of one prisoner giving the rest of them a bad name seems ironic to me. Cheer up and laugh it off.

"You don't think there was some sort of conspiracy in the death by hanging of that rapist guy Castro do you?
    I'm sure he was giving the rest of the inmates there a bad name!"

That is top notch humour to arrogant me. The fact that you were somewhat offended by it makes me laugh even more.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  10. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

!!!...???...PEBCAK...???...!!!

OK then...how about in the Philosophy Forum?

11. Balerion Banned Banned

You're not important enough to take up that much space in my head. I was simply using your disgusting behavior as an example of when calling a spade a spade is accepted. Of course, you're the one who grouped the entire membership here as being "stuck up idiots with their heads up their asses not exactly looking for truths, but digging really deep to find the best shit to spit out," so it seems that you're the one with an ax to grind...

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Pay back! It just good to see you've survived the war in Syria. Who's side were you on? Hezbollah?

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I don't feel you are telling the truth. Every time Bebelina comes on you attack her.

14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

And this, quoted from Post #29 :
    - quote - "Pay back! It just good to see you've survived the war in Syria. Who's side were you on? Hezbollah?" - unquote -

Robittybob1, are you attempting to Post "Insults , Arrogance and the like"?

What is this "Pay back!" of which you speak?
    What gives you the mistaken belief that I was even in "the war in Syria"?
    What gives you the mistaken belief that I was on one "side" or the other of a "war" that I was not even "in"?
    What leads you to believe that one "side" or the other of "the war in Syria" is "Hezbollah"?

Robittybob1, the Title of this Thread is ""Insults , Arrogance and the like".
    It is not Titled "Use This Thread to Post Insults , Arrogance and the like"

Robittybob1, maybe you could or should start a Thread with the Title : "Use This Thread to Post Insults , Arrogance and the like".

15. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Spock: Interesting. You Earth people glorify organized violence for forty centuries, but you imprison those who employ it privately.

McCoy: And, of course, your people found an answer.

Spock: We disposed of emotion, Doctor. Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.

Trooper: But disregarding emotion is illogical. Human emotions play a key role in rational decision-making.

Shocked? About what? Do you still believe that your blog was influential in his decision to kill innocent people?

It’s hard to say as an outsider, but I think it was a type I error, a false positive that lead you to conclude that two separate events were related. It’s a common human tendency to seek patterns in random information, ideas of reference, so to speak, similar to Jung’s synchronicity or apophenia.

You have talent, Bebes. If I were you, I’d dust myself off and paint something that doesn't require the exploitation of innocent victims.

Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.~ Amy Lowell

16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You were in the war in the Syria thread. Against the Jews so I thought you might be Hezbollah. Wasn't it you who used the pay back word first?

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

My error. For some reason the word PEBCAK was read by me to mean PEBACK and then translated to PAY BACK.
    but now that I have googled it
    "User error
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A user error is an error made by the human user of a complex system, usually a computer system, in interacting with it. Although the term is sometimes used by Human Computer Interaction practitioners, the more formal human error term is used in the context of human reliability.
    User Error and related phrases such as PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair") and the complementary PEBCAK ("Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard"), PICNIC ("Problem In Chair Not In Computer"), PIBCAK ("Problem Is Between Chair And Keyboard"), POBCAK ("Problem Occurs Between Chair And Keyboard"), or ID-10T error ("Idiot error") are also used as slang in technical circles with similar potentially derogatory meaning.[1][2] This usage implies a lack of computer savvy, asserting that problems arising when using a device are the fault of the user. Critics of the term argue that the problems are caused instead by a device designed in such a way that it induces errors.
    The term can also be used for non-computer-related mistakes."

My bad. An ID-10T error!

18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Robittybob1, you obviously(?!!?) read and "perceived...well...whatever"...please take this to another Thread!!!

The Title of this Thread is : Insults , Arrogance and the like

Why not start another "Vigilante" thread called "Hey, Let's All Gang Up and Lynch DMOE For All The Unfounded Lies, Accusations and Mis-Conceived Notions That We Have Posted About Him, Posthaste".

Possibly though, owing to your deeply religious background and beliefs - you might prefer that I,dmoe, start the Thread in you stead?
    You or I would not want "Big Daddy" or "Junior" or "The Spook" to look upon you as having "Transgressed" in any way, shape or form.

Robittybob1, do you want me to start that Thread?

Let me Know. And, if so, also let me know where to Post it, so you can be the First to Post, maybe you can be the "Lead Cheerleader"!

BTW - no one on any of these Threads, actually offends me - this is not the "Real World", so...

19. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

@ Dmoe - Just let it go, it was a joke for God's sake. Why make such a song and dance about a stupid joke of mine that you didn't seem to get in the first place.
    What is the point of a thread like this if we can't learn the first step in not feeling offended by another's comment?
    You seem to be not only the Dumbest but maybe the Stupidest man on Earth as well. Raving on about nothing. It is time to move on. I'm finished on the subject! I really mean it.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Just a quick reply..
    I'm shocked that you even ask that. Do you find it irrational, illogical ans nonsensical that I got shocked by reading about those horrific murders?
    What I believe NOW is irrelevant regarding that and takes to much time to elaborate.

I have offered to answer all your questions regarding this on two separate occasions in separate threads, but the dumbass moderators thought they knew better than me, because they were there and saw everything and have read all the articles, my entire blog and have questioned everybody involved, so they really know the truth...

Oh yes, I am painting!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have never exploited any innocent victims either. Media has exploited me on the other hand, and a lot of other people who saw some personal gain in harrassing me.

21. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

@Bebelina - Would you be willing to answer all questions put to you openly on the forum?

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I'm willing to do my best.

23. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Can you recall the timeline of the events prior to Kim de Gelder committing the baby killing murders?

Had you meet him before that event?

Did he seem like a normal person if that meeting was the case?