Insane ramblings.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Mephura, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ah, look, both my ass pictures are working again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yo Bells, you needed a chiropractor for that? I can do it whenever I like.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Ah but you're probably a 'youngin'

. When you get to my ripe old age... bones and joints aren't that flexible anymore

Believe me, when you're down there, the last thing you want to hear is a *crack*... for obvious reasons..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Once an oasis, now a stagnant pond in a cesspool.

Will the moon shine here again and make it a cool lake, or will she only peep from the clouds and show the weeds in harsh white light? I wondered if a new pond might not be better, but thought there was magic in this pool once, and might be again.

He was home in darkness, once. Only a multitude of stars, tiny points of light in a curtain of blackness serving no purpose other than to give him enough light to see the world he ran in. But he grew thirsty, and needed to drink. Once, the clouds parted and he saw the moon. He paused in his wandering, wondering at this new thing he hadn't seen before. He howled and knew it heard, and he drank from the waters she showed him. Many saw the white light of the moon as cold, and hard... but he understood the warmth of the moon, its company on dark nights, and how it dispelled shadows.
    The moon knew he was drinking and wanted to see who it was in her light - but he was a black wolf, and even in her light hard to see. Instinct told him to hunt from the shadows. Instinct learned while he was a cub, and he was no longer young. Hard instinct, and sharp, forged in the fires of experience. And a wolf is nothing if not wary - and proud.

He was looking for the moon, too. But he'd put his nose to the ground, followed the trail, and one day he realised his light had moved. Looked up and saw that the clouds had drawn over her and he had not seen it in his hunt, forgotten her in his concentration. He thought he saw a deer in the distance. Deer are fast, and light. Faster than he, he knew. He wondered if she knew that he had not seen the deer until he saw her light on it. He saw his blackness, and how it had hidden him from her. He knew he could never be a white wolf... but he wondered if black could become grey, and perhaps, one day, silver. Wondered if the moon might not show herself to him as a white
    wolf, and run with him.

He waits now, to see if the clouds will part again, and her light shine to light his trail once more.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

dont take it personally, your just the person we hate

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Compulsion makes you listen:

For my bonny sweet Robin is all my joy.

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

This, from "The Season in Hell", by Arthur Rimbaud, to be at the beginning of any proper "insane rambling":

As translated by Paul Schmidt, and published in 1976 by Harper Colophon Books, Harper & Row.

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Hah, the surest sign of insanity is when one starts talking to oneself.

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Yup, I am talking to myself. I wonder how far I'll come.

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Not far I think. Why, do you try to make yourself insane as a justification for posting here?

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Bah, Dreamy. Are you actively trying to prevent me from going mad?

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Should I encourage it?

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Uh, Andy deleted his post ...

Anyhow and whatnot, I would be most joyously delighted if I could actually produce some indeed insane ramblings. It seems that the human brain is preoccupied with order and finding patterns -- and this, immediately, excludes any chances of proper insanity. I wonder what one would have to do to become insane. Maybe it is not something one does, maybe one cannot make oneself insane. Maybe this just happens -- or not. As if by a higher power.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, it can happen after two bottles of whiskey.

Otherwise, I suppose you have to wreck your brain in some way.

17. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I don't drink whiskey.

As for wrecking my brain somehow: How about banging my head against the wall?
    Oh, I might just as well study for my Historische Grammatik der Deutschen Sprache exam. That ought to do it with my brain.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I think both options could be successful.