Inflammatory topic post

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Tiassa, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Note; "genuinely excited"
    Does it not then naturally follow that this wasn't the thread I was expecting?
    This is about as exciting as paying taxes(won't be surprised if you don't understand how that isn't exciting).

Mocking of my literary skills- is there something else you addressed in your original argument?
    As far as I know there is nothing vulgar or obscene or hateful about not giving valid evidences for my 'thesis' or lacking in intellectual merit, you were grading my paper, not giving reasons why my post was in violation of site rules, you'd SAY it was in violation of site rules, and then point out flaws in paragraph structure, and then say it was in violation of site rules again and so on.
    I understand you'd be hardpressed to find evidences of me needing to be banned, but whats the point of filling in time by "critiquing my work"?
    Even if I was building a straw man or whatever the fuck, how would that be relevent? was I building a "nigger" straw man? Was the structure of my paragraphs set out in such a way that a swastika would appear if you stared at them for long enough?
    You know none of that means shit untill you find evidence of me attacking someone for no reason.

And you could never make me upset tiassa, don't flatter yourself.
    I don't need to be upset to spot the blinding irony of you starting an inflammatory topic on the subject of my non-inflamatory topic being inflamatory in your imagination.

I find this thread boring yes, but I'm still pleased with it because predictably everyone is just wondering what the hell your problem is. As any unbiased person would do after looking at this "issue" in its entirety.
    You don't have a case and you never did. The real reasoning behind this episode remains a mystery.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Funny. I just asked you which discussion you wanted. I don't see that question answered.
    In other words, you say it's so, so it must be? Please, Dr. Lou, present some evidence.
    But there is about intentionally posting something intended to be mean, as you admitted, and to make people feel stupid.
    I, of course, see it differently:
    Just for starters.
    I demonstrated a series of fallacies and then examined the conditions by which they violated the Site Rules.
    You're the only person here who thinks this is about banning; your question is answered in the course of the "First Argument" post:
    And,
    If you still hold by your point that you do not understand the point of why we're going through this, could you at least examine that aspect in relation to the reasons already on the record?
    That it is intended to make people feel stupid, that it is intended to be mean.
    Which you've kindly confirmed. Boasted, even.
    Gosh, Lou. Don't you think you're being a little bit dishonest here calling a topic inflammatory when you wanted it to happen?
    I doubt your use of the word unbiased for obvious reasons. But people are welcome to give into the appeal to popularity.
    So you say now. But you were happy enough then to boast of being mean, and of seeking to make people feel stupid.
    That's fine.

Eventually, people will vote, the results will be tallied, and I will have my answer. At that time I'll open the mayonnaise jar and we'll get to that.

In the meantime, I'm awaiting a response to the First Argument at least before calling a vote. I was hoping that you might have a stronger response than "because you say so even though it is at odds with what you've already said." As far as I know, Thefountainhed still intends to respond at some point. Additionally, the superficial and immediate reasons are spelled out in the "First Argument," in the opening (On Site Rules) and closing (Recap) sections, for instance, and also in the middle when I discuss Matters of Degrees.

I'm going to borrow a phrase from someone else: Did it at all occur to you, Dr. Lou, that the clincher for holding this topic in the first place was your encouragement? That's part of the reason it took longer than I expected; it's also the reason for the quasi-formal tone of this topic and the First Argument. With you hoping for a ban war, I took the time to make sure I was clear about things; we have better things to do than try to ban you.

It's almost funny--last night I was searching for an old topic about Gibson's movie that I thought I had posted, when I first heard about the film; it's not there, so apparently I only emailed some friends and then forgot about it. But while I was doing that, I came across an old bit from July, 2002 that seems relevant today:
    It's an old piece that reflects my frustration with a certain brand of pretending to have a point. That particular aspect is actually irrelevant to the present. However, every once in a while, the atmosphere gets so thick around here that I go off and do something like this. Read through the first section of the First Argument. And the part about Appeal to Popularity. And the Matters of Degrees. And the Recap.

Between those points and your desire to have a topic to discuss the topic post, I figured it was as good a time as any.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Have you figured it out yet?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Yuck, fillibustering son of a twat. I still haven't managed to read through it.

8. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

T. I mean this with all sincerity. This is not intended as a flame.

You have got to get a grip. This entire thread is an exercise in asshattishness. While it's probably been fun for you, considering your affinity for long, complex posts, it's not really effective. The thread in question was no big deal.

Ease up on the bong.

I couldn't possibly guess your intention here, but you're not coming off well.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Gosh...you think it is not 'dishonest' to complain about an inflammatory thread started by another member and at the same time send another member a PM in which you tell them to 'stick a shotgun in their mouth and do the right thing'???? That wouldn't be inflammatory? Would it even be worthy behavior of a moderator?

I never got this shit from Goofyfish for instance. He as always been neutral.

Or do you think what you said is on the same level of a public 'piss off' and 'get a life'???

Could you please respond in a message that is three pages long? (because everybody knows that the longer the message is the more true it is)

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So disrespect is good enough for you to give, eh?

I see.

Noted.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You have to earn respect.

And goodbye to this discussion since it is not going anywhere.

12. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

You have to earn respect.

how true , how true .....

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

What a piece of shit you are tiassa.

Everyone is a hypocrite, but you make it a hideous artform.

You tell a guy to put a shotgun in his mouth?

- you are unfit to moderate

- you want respect after you say some shit like that?

I believe I will now appeal to the popularity of the idea: FUCK YOU.

14. Bells Staff Member

After wading through the diatribe in this thread, I now realise why I rarely participate in SFOG. The level of hypocrisy, backstabbing and bastardry is sickening.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Then why cry in public about it, Spurious?

Answer the question: Is it good enough for you to give disrespect but demand that respect be given you?

I would ask you privately about your serious problems with honesty and fact, Spuriousmonkey, but you've demonstrated yourself incapable of handling things that way.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

No, not exactly.

See, that's the problem with folks who like to complain about stuff but don't ever want to say what they're complaining about.

Specifically, I told him that suicide was a better alternative to going out of his way to be a jerk.

But you wouldn't know that, would you, because Spurious would like to simply complain and hope that there's someone there who doesn't need anything more than a complaint to compel them to rash action. You stepped up for him, Wes.

Look, it's real simple: Take a look around - people are repulsed by fact.

We'll call a vote, soon. As far as I can tell, there is still some response yet to come from people alleging to wish to discuss the issues put forth, so it's a little early for a vote.

Consider your assertion, Wes: How can it be "fascist" to call the post in question inflammatory?

I don't know why people object so much to the idea that intentionally being mean, that setting out to make people feel stupid is inflammatory.

But that's sort of the point that isn't addressed very well by the responses. Like you, for instance. I know how you feel, especially as you're willing to be so clear about that, but since I don't see what you see, should I think on your behalf and presume some set of ridiculous circumstances that allows me to see a route from A to B and simply assign it to you in order to respond? Or would it be better to find out how you get from A to B and have something to respond to?

Since you find these considerations fascist and inflammatory, Wes, and since you're willing to offer theories in contradiction of fact, how about one that's based a little more in reality: What are your thoughts on the first section of the "First Argument" post?

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

tiassa is a cyborg, like lou said.

Perhaps you'll write an encyclopedia about it to explain?

Surely you can't be serious. I could stand right in front of you and say "your shoes stink like shit, I don't like that"... and you'd come up with a volume for your encylopedia about why my sense of smell is fucked up. I'd say, "but that's how it smelled to me" and then you'd complain about how I never said what I was complaining about. I don't know about the rest of the croud, but the popularity of the idea "fuck you" when it comes to YOU, is like, of rockstar proportions. I judge you a piece of shit and I don't care if you don't like it.

Ever noticed how everyone but you is a jerk to you, you fucking dipshit? (i mean except for those who kiss your ass or who have something you want)

I saw it in another thread actually, found it annoying there, assumed it was your sorry pretentious pompous ass he was referring to and then he confirmed it. That along with all of the other shit you've pulled here is just too much to contain myself anymore. i'm sick of your bullshit you dirty fucking bitch.

no, I stepped up to your bullshit. i'm not the lawyer you are tiassa. i keep my points as short and simple as I can for the most part. for idiots like yourself however I end up having to repeat myself over and over, because your thick skull is basically impenatrable to perspectives that don't align with your own, regardless of validity. so here it is: fuck you, you're a piece of shit.

I thikn it's more that people are repulsed by sorry cunts like yourself.

To me, it seems part of your ploy to control the information flow on this site. You are a verbal bully, you bury people under more of your diatribe and horeshit that they could possibly sort out for you, and then you call them stupid because they can't sort out the mess you made. that pisses you off and so you bury them further. IMO, you're a fucking fascist bitch, not sharing, but IMPOSING your paranoid retardation and reflected self-hate on anyone who would question it. Plainly, you suck.

I can't wait to hear this one. What the fuck? Okay, being a stupid bitch is inflammatory, that's a free clue for you. You're welcome. You're the stupidest bitch around. Got it? You seriously don't see what you do eh?

You hold everyone responsible to your shallow little world, and if you think they don't fall into it, you try to force them into it by weight of word. You weave such a tapestry of horseshit it's fucking overwhelming to most, not in nobility, not in wisdom, but in sheer fucking volume. One day I assure you if you don't cut it out, that thing is going to smother you.

As if you would know? You don't understand that other people use words differently than you. That will kind of make communication impossible. You obviously don't care though, and if you would read your posts with any attempt at objectivity at all, you'd see it. You don't, you can't, I'm done with it, I judge you, fuck off asshole.

No, you SHOULD however, give me the credit for having come to a reasonable conclusion from my perspective and try to understand it such that we can actually communicate (or not bother trying to communicate at all). After all, that's how communication actually works. Since you don't get that and presume you're the authority on all perspectives, you can get judged and fuck off.

It would just be better if you were to fuck off.

I think that you are a fascist as you mischaracterize just about everything I ever see you characterize. You call me a liar. You call lou inflammatory. You say the monkey: "Specifically, I told him that suicide was a better alternative to going out of his way to be a jerk."

From that advice, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING EXCUSE BUT TO KILL YOURSELF OR ACCEPT THE LABEL OF HYPOCRITICAL PIECE OF SHIT... and then try to stop being that way.

So to recap:

I judge you.

You're a piece of shit.

Accept that you're a piece of shit such that you can stop it; or kill yourself per your own advice.

Here is the fact about your hypocracy:

IMO, that fits the definition of jerk pretty well. "I want you to feel stupid". "I will be cruel to you". WTF?

JERK.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Actually, I would rather that you check again, whereupon you will discover that I am barefoot. Quit asking me to take off my shoes when I'm not wearing any.
    This isn't a new judgment, Wes. Am I supposed to feel any worse about it this time than any of the previous times?
    If you're going to go to the point to call me a fucking dipshit, at least use the word "everyone" responsibly.
    That's a set of "facts" that really pares it down.

What are you talking about, Wes?
    That's hardly news, Wes. You've been aiming for my head for a while, now.
    Wrong. You stepped up and acted on a notion not supported by fact.
    Short and simple and ... what? Devoid of substance?

Really, Wes ... all you're showing is that you have no real care for what's actually taking place here but are just seeking to pick a fight with me. Why you go from topic to topic behaving like this is beyond me.
    What does that say about them if they're willing to exist according to such thick spite instead of, oh, say, reality?
    I see.
    It's a coin-flip, Wes. The way I figure it, if I'm going to bother with a point in the first place, I ought to consider the value of covering as many bases as possible.

Take as an example, from Dr. Lou's topic, my first input to the topic at all. It was a wisecrack about heroin and obesity. A poster with whom I've had some nasty fights in the past noted the point and discussed the shortcomings of its presumptions. That, actually, speaks much to me inasmuch as I think it answers the contextually-inappropriate charge that comes with listing an excerpt as an example of an inflammatory post. More relevantly, however, am I somehow upset at GB-Gil for assuming that I wasn't aware of those factors? Hardly. And here's the thing: to cover all of those points in order to keep the focus on the backdoor point, that we didn't know enough about the formerly obese man's partner, the post would have been ... well, lots more information. I chose not to. Am I actually annoyed at Dr. Lou for rightfully pointing out the degree to which the fallacy I noted in his topic was answered by his other topics decrying similarly mythical institutions? Hardly. He had to make a whole second post just to start to annoy me.

Now, does any of this change the fact that Dr. Lou's topic post was intended to make people feel stupid? That it was intended to be mean? Not in the slightest. Go follow the development of the discussion of this topic in Dr. Lou's. Especially where Flores and I exchange a couple of posts.
    And you're welcome to that opinion, Wes. Just as you always have been.
    That sounds like brilliant insight, but it's mere hyperbole. If just once you had bothered to support.

See, the thing is that I wouldn't consider it inflammatory if you, finally having more than you can take, finally decided to hold a similar topic about me. I would, however, find it inflammatory if, unlike me, you were to continue to tell me all about your judgment without ever establishing the basis of it. Saying, "Look, I have an interpretation," isn't helpful to me or you unless you can explain to me the basis of that interpretation.

Something goes here about how communication actually works, but you might find it inflammatory.
    That's really a substantial argument, Wes. Why are you avoiding the idea of providing a basis for your anger?
    I'll file that one under "unwilling."
    If only you could show why that is, we might find some profit in your hatred.
    Forgot one: it's easier to simply operate with some integrity.
    Nothing new here. Of course, that's why it's a recap.
    Establish your opinion with some fact and I'll consider it.
    So why are you taking that up with me?

After all, it's Dr. Lou who boasted that his post was mean, that he sought to make people feel stupid.
    So in other words you have nothing to actually contribute to the discussion of whether or not Dr. Lou's topic post was inflammatory?

You've told us plenty about your opinion, Wes. Perhaps you might grace us with a few facts at some point?

Like that last one of yours. Great. So you think that's the definition of a jerk. Now ... why are you taking that point up with me?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't believe in privacy on a public forum anymore. Not since they put my identity and personal information on this forum for everybody to see.

Don't expect me to send shit like that through a PM and think I would keep it private. I am an asshole after all. I don't think I ever hid that fact. That's probably why I never get PMs.

I'm crying about it in public because you crying in public about your high morals, but it is all just a show. apparently You feel no hesitation to insult people in private (well at least me). As long as the public doesn't know about it; isn't that what you are thinking? You trying to control the damage to your precious reputation by trying to look reasonable now. Let me tell you, honest people tell the truth and they do it openly. You would make a good politician. At least I am honest about being an asshole.

And I am not interested in talking privately with you. You bore me and your silly imaginary problems. Nobody seems to know what your problem is but yourself.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Obviously not, as I corrected Wes on his error. If you're going to address me in such a rude manner, at least do so for a legitimate reason. If you're going to be rude to me without regard to certain issues which undermine the basis of your rudeness, what, really, do you expect?

You can believe in privacy or not; I just wanted to give you a chance to apologize without making a public issue of it.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't really expect anything from you but some backstabbing to be honest.

I was under the impression that it was already a public issue.

And why did you think you deserve an apology? Because you can't help your own behaviour?

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You're welcome to tell me to piss off and get a life, Spurious, but at least base that jab in fact. When you found your attitude problem on a falsehood, you can expect to offend me.

So, would you please be so kind, then, since you're unwilling to discuss the issues at hand in this topic, to at least explain how it is inflammatory to accommodate Dr. Lou's desire to see this topic happen.

I mean, I can't figure out why you're asking a question like that, Spurious. Like I told you in that message you complained about, if you're going to go out of your way to be a prig, at least have your facts straight.

And frankly, I don't think that's asking a hell of a lot.

But I know how it goes, Spurious. Honesty is a hard thing to sell yourself when you can be rude instead. I suggest you spend some time making the pitch again.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I tried to process your message with my universal translator, but it exploded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.