INDIA's contributions to the world

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by HighlyFanatic, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're kidding right? Lets see:

Morning:

Bread: Bakers' assistant rides in on bike at 5 a.m. with fresh bread from oven
    Milk: Milkman comes at 5:30 with milk that came from Jogeshwari at 4 a.m. Not treated in any way. Thick one inch cream layer on heating.
    Eggs: bought twice a week from the chicken guy in the market, with dark orange [not pale yellow] yolks.

Mid-morning: Ma goes to market [or did when she was living]
    Fresh produce: sold by farmers in the market

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Meat: slaughtered that morning, sold by the butcher only from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Chicken: pick out live bird, get it killed and plucked in 15 minutes.

Fish: obtained from the boats that morning [you can go to the docks at 5 a.m. to get it cheap and in bulk]. But still completely fresh at 10 a.m.

Sold by the fishermen.

American produce, meat, chicken tastes like paper in comparison.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

My taste buds must be massacred, because that chicken balti I had a taste of yesterday was not spicy at all.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

India brought us the Harijans.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Son of God? Really?

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I like some indian food. There IS some stuff inside the "normal" range of flavour. Indian food DOES have an ability to test the extremes though.

Went for lunch at work to an Indian restaurant, I was you know the "white guy", everyone at work and those that invited me were amazed I went. But I did have a "hankerin'" for some spicy chicken(perhaps Dr Lou is right you can get addicted).

It was the first time I had, what I describe as a "Sugar Bomb". They drop like a little breaded ball(already possessing 50% sugar no doubt) into a bowl of liquid SUGAR. Christ! I ate one and nearly became an instant diabetic. I was fucked up all afternoon, dizzy and shit.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats a gulab jamun. Traditionally its made of milk proteins denatured with lemon and then drained of the whey and kneaded into balls then fried. Since the whey contains all the sugar [lactose] in the milk, you have to put them in sugar syrup to get a dessert.

However, in most restaurants they make it from flour, butter and milk powder and add sugar to the dough. Then fry it and dip it in sugar syrup. So its chock full of sugar. You are not supposed to eat the syrup. Take the jamun in the spoon and press it against the side of the dish to squeeze out the syrup, then have it.

And if you ever get the original ones, try them. They are called mawa gulab jamuns. Yummy!

We used to get fresh mawa from Parsi Dairy Farm for it. Parsis make the best mawa.

edit: I have to make a correction. Mawa is semisolid evaporated milk, chenna is denatured milk, chenna is used for Bengali sweets. So you're right, the mawa jamuns would also be chock full of sugar!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  10. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

You are living up to your name!

So is it your ruling all humans should find it unpleasant? I certainly have lost my taste buds now... I fail to appreciate the subtlety of a tasteless donut or tasteless subway food. :bawl:

11. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

ive got that tattooed on my arm.
    also if you are going to say india never invaded another country you would first have to define when india became a country.

12. kmguru Staff Member

You must be a diabetic to start with. I used to eat them by the dozen when I was 20 years old...yum yum...

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You can go by the last 60 years, if the previous n years stick in your craw.

14. Gustav Banned Banned

i have this nagging suspicion that small eggs are getting smaller

/suspicious

15. Gustav Banned Banned

i hate to speak ill of my aryan motherland but indian food looks like shit
    aesthetically unappealing
    tastes ok tho

i thought it was the southerners that spiced their shit up

oh
    subway's coldcut combo rules

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That was it, gulab jamun. Kmguru, your people have become immune to diabetes probably, like my people became immune to Vodka.

I actually was worried after that, and got checked out, I'm not diabetic ... :shrug:

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

India has added a whole new fashion craze to Canada. For instance they wear a winter coat over a saris and flip flops in the winter.

Getting back to the cuisine. My son brought home his lunch a few times because he said the Indian girls lunch next to him smelled so bad he felt like
    vomiting, so he lost his appetite.

18. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Any news of what happened to the Indian girls after they sat next to your son, shorty?

Are you saying he felt like vomiting seeing his own food in comparison, and then lost appetite? Did he regain it? Sorry I am a little slow in these things.

19. John99 Banned Banned

and who makes them?

20. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

India has done something useful? When? They built a cool house, no wait, that was a tomb. They have sent alot of doctors to the US to work with the underprivileged.

21. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

that was what i was getting at,not to be picky but if we are using that timeline we can include a whole lot of other countries.
    india is at the top of my list of places i want to go along with cuba,portugal and china.i just hate it when people jerk off about a country like it can do no wrong.

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Yeah he ate dinner that night, his lunch was untouched for two days. He eats his lunch away from her now(I think everyone might eat their lunch away from her).

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

not liking the smell of someone elses lunch makes you a racist.i wouldve thought you'd realized this you dirty nazi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.