Indian Atrocities

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by madanthonywayne, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

S.A.M:
    I know. Considering that Poland has also had relatively recent territorial disputes, they seem to conduct themselves with a bit more dignity than India.

A pity. I feel your pain.

'Gotten rid of'? The German Protestants were kicked out of Poland by the Allies (for obvious reasons), the Jews all went to Israel, and Ukraine established an independent state. Even so, that was 50 years ago. We're talking about recent abuses of human rights, S.A.M. But by all means, if you want to go that far back, I'm more than willing to list the human rights abuses committed by Indian society over the past 50 years! I have no doubt that I could fill several sets of encyclopaedias with the Indian society's human rights abuses over the past 50 years.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, while today's Polish population is predominantly Catholic, it does host religious minorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland#Ethnicity_and_religion
    And unlike India, Poland doesn't treat it's religious minorities like shit. And they certainly don't make a habit of throwing shit at them.

Baron:
    Yeah, just for fun, try a thought experiment. Let's say that you have a Sikh boat refugee, and the captain tells you that he will deliver you to either India, or Poland. I wonder which country the Sikh will be more likely to choose as their adopted homeland?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

S.A.M:
    Yeah. Isn't it funny how literally millions of Indians migrate from their utopia of a country to 'racist, abusive Western shitholes' like Australia, the U.S.A, and the U.K?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You have to remember that Sam is one of the few rich Indians, so has a nice home, running water, plenty of food, probably servants doing all the work, while Sam sits at the computer all day posting on sciforums.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I think this might be the saddest thing I've read in a while

Can you elaborate on this? Just curious (a bit worried about job competition when I graduate actually

)

8. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

India was chosen at random, I don't doubt

At least S.A.M. isn't in support of these things, which is one of the reasons the analogy doesn't work.

9. Gustav Banned Banned

western civ?
    sounds like a jolly good idea

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

11. Gustav Banned Banned

standalone fella

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Most of our money on education has so far been spent in school (not university). Now we are privatising higher education and opening it up for foreign investment, so I'm looking forward to what will happen in the next decade.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/644517.cms

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is something many people here fail to understand. Its not an us vs them, I hate the crap everywhere.

14. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I'm unfamiliar with the idea of universities of one country entering another on a large scale. Would this mean that the foreign universities, like the ones mentioned in the article, would be opening up an Indian campus still under the same group?

Sounds similar to what China started on a few years ago. They are planning on having 50 new "harvard level" universities, I forget by when, and are buying the type of staff that could make it happen. Looks like in 10-20 years there are going to be a lot more educated people in the world : o

15. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Hey you stole this from Mahatma Gandhi, copyright infringement!

16. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Ah, now I get it (w/ help from you and google).

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The analogy is perfect. People always take relatively minor abuses or isolated incidents with some connection to the US and blow it all out of proportion. Meanwhile, horrific abuses are going on in these people's own countries to their own citizens, but we generally don't hear squat about them.

Regarding my support for abuses, that's crap. I do give the military wide latitude in fighting a war. But I certainly wouldn't support the atrocities routinely commited by the Indian army were they commited by the US army.

18. Gustav Banned Banned

i demand you dalits stop polluting this thread
    foul beasts!
    away i say

19. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

We hear about other countries, like Myanmar, Sudan, various places in the Middle-East... The US is more popular for a lot of understandable reasons. As for people taking "relatively minor abuses or isolated incidents with some connection to the US"...I think we disagree on what is minor.

I'm not personally aware of your stance on everything, though I know you're a conservative, and I can make rough guesses. So I didn't mean specifically you. But when you bring up something that India was wrong in, S.A.M. says "that's terrible" and applies reasoning, which is a big contrast to some certain posts in the "fight terrorism with terrorism" thread, for one of countless examples.

20. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Every countries have its good and bad side. As for India, whatever the bad side is, I like
    its rich culture (the dance, the festival) and the people. I found them friendly and
    humble. They are hard working and also good at IT (information technology).

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Assuming you ever heard what they were
    Our advantage in India is that the media is truly a watchdog of the government. In the US, its a mouthpiece. There is a lot of difference in what is considered news.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then why is such atrocities never mentioned in the world press? And, most of all, how can you know about all of the Indian atrocities, yet come here and complain about anything and everything about happenings in America or Israel? Hypocritical?

If the US press is a government mouthpiece, then how could you possibly hear about all those government problems?

Sam, you're being ridiculous in the extreme! In the US, the press even goes so far as to invent, via speculation, about government abuses.

Sam, in this tread, you've shown, proven, yourself to be a fuckin' hypocrite in the extreme. You happily complain about the US, yet you're blind to the horrors of India and Iran and the Middle East ...or anywhere that's Muslim dominated.

Hypocrite!!

Baron Max

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The people who would want to investigate the truth of any matter in the US would be termed as either terrorists supporters or conspiracy theorists.

Its a form of labeling that effectively ensures:
    1. they are not taken seriously
    2. their POV is suppressed

How do we know? Because of this.

You've read Indian newspapers Baron, what do you think of them?