In what ways are you frugal.???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Gypsi Registered Senior Member

I agree - I always buy things in bulk when they're on sale.

This rule applies to mascara, lipstick, face creams etc. etc.

That's because last time I moved, I ended up clearing out several hundred dollars worth of stuff from the cupboard under the bathroom sink - tons of half-used hair products, facial products, cosmetics, lipsticks, nail polishes ...you name it... Not one of them used up.

All impulse buys that were going to make me look absolutely fantastic...

So even though that new mascara or whatever seems like it will too (yes, I'm easily deluded), I'll wait till I actually need one.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

New clothes are the biggest rip-off out there.

Learn how to be creative with parboiled rice I say.

It is by far the cheapest form of good nutrition.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I save a bundle by cuttin my own hare.!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

you make your own rabbits foots?

8. Acitnoids Registered Senior Member

The only debt I've acquired, as of right now, is in my house (-$20,000.00). Traditionally, this was considered an investment :shrug: . The last payment I made to any credit card company was in 2002. I haven't had a car payment cense 2004 (+$3,600.00 a year). I can't justify cable television (+$720.00 a year). When I was laid-off my mother offered me to join her mobile phone's family plan. For $30.00 a month I get a phone line, unlimited internet, unlimited texting, unlimited ... everything (+$480.00 a year). I can't remember the last time I bought myself clothing (besides underwear and socks). Every year I get, by request, blue jeans and button down collared shirts for X-mas and my B-day. The only pair of sneakers I wear are the ones I bought ten years ago for $20.00 (+$200.00 a year). I cut my hair once every two years (+$250.00 a year) and donate the ponytail to various "wigs for cancer kids" programs (Priceless).
    Savings mentioned: +$5,250.00 a year. Even on the conservative side, that's an extra $437.50 every month!
    For me it all comes down to the difference between what I need and what I want.

9. John99 Banned Banned

Me too. I started last year.

10. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I buy the store brand items, instead of name brands, when I go shopping..

Most of the time, it's actually the exact same thing, and even made by the same company... Just in a different package..

Saves quite a bit of money over the course of a year.

11. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

my daughter banned me from cutting hair..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. SilentLi89 Registered Senior Member

I'm not frugal. As I have virtually no bills and everything I need is bought for me. I'm such a spoiled brat

13. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

It must be nice...:bugeye:

14. John99 Banned Banned

I buzzed my hair really short the first time and it felt great because i had long hair most of my life. You can also get used to cutting the back straight. Its not ideal and getting it done by a professional would look better, i think.

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

When i was about 6 our dime store had a lot of cheep Chinese stuff for sale an i bout a (lucky) rabbits-foot key chane... i showed it to mom an she wasnt to pleased wit it an wanted me to get rid of it... said it mite have disease on it

About 40 years ago we bout a traler when we got married for 5,000 an a lot to put it on for 2,000 an sold 'em 5 years later for 10,000.... an then bout a house for 30 thousand... payed 10 thousand down an payed it off over the nest 3 years by makin 3 to 5 payments per mounthe... i thank i wound up payin only 1,000(?) in interest on my home loan.!!!

We have owned 5 new vehicles sinse we have been married an payed cash for 'em... I pay by credit card for everthang i can-an pay the bill off mounthly so ive never payed any interest.!!!

How nice of you growin an givin away you'r pony tale.!!!

Well... if i had been offered such a deal i woud have taken advantage of it... make the bes of it... eh.!!!

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've never owned a car, I use public transport or walk.

I eat almost all home cooked meals. The cost of one good restaurant meal would keep me in groceries for at least three days. I buy dry goods once a month usually when they have the buy one get one free sales. I buy the most economical size for all household goods, also on sale if possible. I don't stock any fresh food for more than three days.

Clothes: I get 12 outfits a year for casual wear then give them away while they are still gently used. I only shop for special occasion dresses when I need them. I rarely wear makeup so I get the smallest sizes and don't stock up on cosmetics.

I do buy a lot of shoes but always on sale where I can buy 4 or 5 pairs for the price of one.

I take care of my things, all my stuff lasts forever.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

do you have a flowbee?

18. John99 Banned Banned

No. I have a buzzer.

19. SilentLi89 Registered Senior Member

It is. But it will soon be coming to an end, when I have to finally grow up and be a financially independent adult. Such a tragedy :bawl: My monthly bills add up to about $70 for my expensive phone bill but I will have to get a much cheaper plan soon.

20. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Well, as they say...All good things must come to an end...

I wish ya luck though..

21. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I dont feed my cat.

22. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Me either...Luckily dead cats don't need to be fed that often..