In the hospital

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Thoreau, Apr 10, 2010.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And I bet the diet is really crappy with the renal problems. Whats the prognosis like?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

For reasons no longer remembered, my wife bought many teas back in 2005 & 6. I am frugal and a few months ago got annoyed that they were taking up most of a high self in the kitchen so I started to drink them. The one I am currently using is called Chá Renal (crudely tea for the kidneys).

I can not quickly translate its ingredients but perhaps you can with your computer, to fight boredom. They are:
    Cano do Brejo (That is probably some tall grass - simple rural folk in Brazil make all sorts of "medical teas" from various grasses.)
    Douradinha
    Cavalinha
    Ipê Roxo (That one I know - it is a flowering tree that has purple flowers)
    Chapéu de Couro (Couro is portugese for leather or perhaps just cow hides.)
    Quebra Pedra (That seems to be "broken stones" but surely is idiomatic name.)
    Cidreira

SAM, last poster, knows some things about about herbal medicines and may know these names. Fraggle is quite good about other languages -he may know these things in English.

This tea looks like well shredded wood more than leaves but it tastes pretty good. I am not recommending it - just giving you something to fight boredom.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Well, just wanted to give you a heads up. After having spent 7 days in the hospital I finally got released. It took 4 days worth of experimenting with antibiotics to find one that started to work. I'm still taking some antibiotics for the next week and then I have a follow up to ensure the white blood count stays low.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Good to hear. I hope you keep getting better.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!