In memory of spookz

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by WANDERER, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

See, your at it again. Your limiting the standards to ones you like, according to your personal view of life. therefore its fairly pointless to argue about it with you.

Duh. Thats because they dont know my standards.

Why bother? you dont pay any attention to what we say, since it is using a different measurement from you. Besides, thiis is the internet, there isnt anything you can actually do to hurt us or prove us wrong.

But like a cowardly little sheep you prefer the safety of the throng. You like getting lost in the many and so as to not attract the attention of the wolf.
    Even when you speak of ‘standards’ you use the inclusive ‘OUR’ to minimize your own participation in it and find strength in numbers.
    Show me your standards or shut the fuck up.
    Tell me how your standards are better than mine or just run amongst your own and pretend you mean something.
    Are you an individual or just a member of a whole?
    [/quote]
    As far as I can see your standards are ok for a small city state in the past. For a complex modern civilisation they are too crude. And better for what?
    I am both an individual and a member of the whole, it all depends on how you look at it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WANDERER Banned Banned

You assert things without offering reasonable arguments in support.
    You’ve made some statements but you’ve presented no arguments.
    So I ask you:
    Why?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

To piss you off?

I mean why do you still post as well?

No arguments are necessary, since they are self evidently true.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. WANDERER Banned Banned

You have no personal standards dude.
    You've inherited them from others.

8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Hahahahha.
    Thats rich. Ive spent most of my so far short life winnowing down what ive grown up with and what has been pressed upon me and what i have experienced. I dont need you to tell me about standards. Its just mine are different to yours. Actually, it might be helpful if you define personal standards in as few a words as possible. Hey, how did you define your standards? With reference to others or entirely from first principles etc?

9. Spyke Registered Senior Member

I'm amazed you would waste time typing 'dude' in a message. That somehow seems so...average.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Don't you think that once you inherit them, they become yours?

11. WANDERER Banned Banned

Only if you test and challenge them first and only if you consider others first.
    Only if you earn them.
    When you inherit you do not understand nor value them completely.
    You know their price but not their value.
    It's like a child that inherits wealth. Can you see how its pampered, well fed, disrespectful, demanding, arrogance is more a product of inexperience with suffering than anything else?
    The pride derived from earning wealth is different from the one derived from just possessing wealth.

guthrie
    Pagan Hellenism.
    Hedonistic/Asceticism, Dionysian/Apollonian.
    My standards are freely expressed in my essays.
    Take the time to read them if you are interested. If not, so be it.

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I hold myself to a similar standard, but why do you expect it? Many people aren't inclined or equipped. It is not the fault of the system, as you seem to think it is. The system is a result of people. You choose to view it in a horrifically (from my perspective) negative light. Move to the center and you'll see a beautiful ballet. From the negative, everything is shit.

Why should you be allowed to think for yourself if you are incapable? Here is the real question: How could you? If you are capable, you will.... don't you think? If you are really an "independent thinker", no manner of trappings will keep you from your thoughts. If you care to, I'd ask that you reconsider your bob in this light.

13. coluber Registered Senior Member

wesmorris, for god sakes your bob im bob everyone is bob let bob rest in peace already

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Wanderer:
    This is unfair, I want pets too.
    -Sulks-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.