UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

That in red hard to believe for the reason I gave earlier. Let the 'thick Irish' quip as issue here become an 'experiment' then as to mod(s) self-initiative kicking in or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, you'll have to answer that for yourself, wont you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

No. OK let's make this plain and simple. What message were you sending in post #1233?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

should space aliens be given humans rights ?

8. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Depends. Are they gingers?

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Gingers don't have souls.

It's a well known fact.

10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I sold mine, I guess I'm to be remanded for a illicit transaction?

11. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

How birds-of-a-feather look after one of their own. Keep posting irrelevant chit-chat or non-answer deflections. Keep it up long enough and hope the original issue gets buried and forgotten. Sadly it may well work.

12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

From "The Mote in God's Eye", the moties (one Master, two moderators) have just heard a long speech from the local governor.

Master: Reply to them!
    Moderator: But they have said nothing.
    Master: Then say nothing in return.

13. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Coincidence you being called beer and the old cockney slang for queers was gingers, shortened from ginger beer.

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I was thinking about making a serious reply, but then I remembered posting a South Park clip in another thread and my subsequent posts were totally off topic.

Anyway, I wasn't aiming to be taken seriously at all in this thread... And it's probably best to stop posting in this one.

16. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Not to worry. The 'experiment' re mods self-initiative, or maybe selective anti-discrimination policies, seems to have run it's course. And no surprise no action taken.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

In this case, the recipient of the quip (Gawdzilla) does not appear to have taken it as an insult, but more as lighthearted banter. So, I'm going to let this one slide, despite the fact that michael's post was reported (as a test case, it appears).

Reports are never ignored. They go into a queue and remain there until a moderator handles them. A mod can reject a report, but when that happens usually the reporter receives an explanatory notification.

Even with relatively low site traffic, the small number of mods we have can't possibly be expected to pay detailed attention to every thread or to read every post that is made on the forum. We do not act solely on the basis of reports filed, but reports definitely act as a moderator attention magnet.

As a rule of thumb, that's likely to be true a lot of the time.

Right.

18. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

A poor mischaracterization imo. The 'lighthearted banter' was clearly a putdown aimed specifically at river, and applying generally - to anyone of Irish ethnicity. As the full context of posts #1227-#1229 makes quite clear.
    For the record, I think society has become too precious in applying racial/ethnic humor taboos. But it has become the norm and everyone here knows it full well. Enshrined in the rules and guidelines here at PC SF. Enforced with a vengeance with frequent wall of text admonitions - where and when it suits.
    Consistent application should be the rule on such things, not up to selective pick-and-choose personal whim of this or that mod.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Perhaps. Let's see what Gawdzilla has to say.

20. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

It's no secret he and the author of #1227, #1229, are ideologically close buddies. In keeping with his general reaction already there to see. You need a majority vote of hands on this issue?

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

I got to agree, I find it strange that you would ask Gawdzilla for input when mike was taking at aim at river for "punching sense" into.

That aside, if they were talking about punching sense into women, I'm pretty sure the issue would be done and dusted before anyone's input was sought.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Q-reeus likes this.
  22. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I can take a joke at my own expense. Navy humor was ... rough to say the least. Also my cousins run to ginger and they're a bag of hammers.

23. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Hello sailor

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

exchemist likes this.