UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Many ufos are sighted that have windows with occupants seen inside. Others land in fields with occupants that exit their craft and take soil samples. As to who these mysterious beings are, it's certainly possible they are aliens. But we just don't know. We shouldn't assume they are aliens. That's why I stick with the term "ufo" and not aliens.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseView.asp?section=Encounter

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

We definitely shouldn't ASSUME they are aliens. Or even beings for that matter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Here's a ufo filmed over Martigues, France back in 2014 at two different magnifications. It looks authentic to me. Doesn't look like CGI either. As the ufo turns and starts flying away, notice it has the appearance of a triangle-shaped craft with lights on it. James will say it is lens flare. He's really excited about what he's learned on that topic.

Interestingly, here's the same video with analysis. It is interesting that a helicopter is seen flying right by it.

Here's what looks like the same ufo filmed over the same area in 2008:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I can see little green men hanging out the windows, mooning the Earthers. Why you don't admit them's little green men?

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I think MR just lost his chance of receiving an award

I felt sure when the little green men finally came into the full glare of the spotlight (no lens flare) when they finally out themselves it would not be "Take us to your leader" but "Take us to MR"

Then after a short meeting he would be presented with The Star of the Galaxy medal for Holding the Faith

Probing comes later

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Hi MR
    I think someone is playing games as that vid is so like the fake one I made using a phone and a hand held light.
    However if genuine it really does not help us much ...
    It could be birds or weather balloons wouldn't you think?
    Alex

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Can you post that video here so we can compare it?

Yeah..glowing birds or weather balloons flying in formation. That's it. Happens all the time.

11. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thanks again to sweetpea for reminding us all of the truth.

You say UFOs are "technologically advanced craft beyond anything we have invented yet". You say these craft are saucers, ovals, cigar-shaped, or black triangles, although it seems to me that you'll allow pretty much any shape in practice. You say these craft are time-travellers from the future, or interdimensional travellers (whatever that might mean), or ... extraterrestrials, by which I assume you mean ... aliens. You tell us there is no other possible explanation. You also specify that these "craft" have "occupants".

I'd say that's all fairly specific. Certainly, alien spaceships piloted by little green men fits your definition of "UFO" to a T. So do giant flying cigars carrying interdimensional time travellers, of course, but in practice that's not so very different.

Obviously, the main thing to point out here is that you don't actually believe there are any unidentified flying objects. All of them are "craft", complete with "occupants", who may well be aliens. There is no other possible explanation, you tell us.

Clearly, it's quite mad to jump to the conclusion that an unidentified light in the sky couldn't possibly be the planet Venus but must instead be an interdimensional craft piloted by Iggy the Alien, but this is what you do time and time again.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're lying again. I never say ufos are aliens and that for the specific reason that we don't know where they're from. I know that greatly disappoints you that you can't mock my position anymore as "aliens" but that's just the way it is. My study is of ufos and their characteristics. And my evidence is for them alone, not for aliens.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My point is a simple one. Most of what we know, individually, is not confirmed by our personal observation. I know that DNA has a double-helix chemical structure. Have I checked that for myself? No. I don't have an x-ray spectroscope handy, and even if I did I probably wouldn't know what to do with it. Nevertheless, I am confident that the structure of DNA is as it is described by other people. One reason I believe that it is the knowledge is not inconsistent with everything else I know about the world; actually this particular fact complements and supports other things I know about the world, in all kinds of ways. Some of those things I even have direct personal experience of.

Similarly, I am aware there is a place called Athens. I have never been there, but I believe it exists. Its existence is consistent with many other things I know about the world, including some things that I have directly experienced.

In contrast, the actual evidence that alien spaceships are currently visiting Earth is weak and unconvincing. Moreover, there are good reasons to conclude that no such visitations are occurring. The general unreliability of the supposed evidence for these "alien craft" puts up a great big red flag that tells sensible people to be very cautious about buying into the bunk.

The evidence that DNA has a double helix is not anecdotal. If I wanted to, I could, in principle, search through the relevant scientific papers in which the evidence for its structure is set out in black and white. Mind you, I might need to learn a whole lot of other stuff first in order to understand what I was reading. I could also, in principle, repeat the experiments that verify the structure of DNA, though that would be costly and time consuming.

In contrast, the vast majority of so-called evidence for alien craft is either purely anecdotal or unreliable and unreproducible. These features add together to make a very weak and unpersuasive case for alien visitation. Moreover, the kinds of things we would expect to know about if aliens really were visiting are not observed in the world.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Just as you could back up the anecdotal ufo sighting with field examinations of where it landed, its affect on vegetation, photos, video, radiation traces, and physical effects on eyewitnesses. This is all a matter of proven investigation by scientific researchers far more qualified than you or I are. You have only to examine the relevant scientific papers in which the evidence is set out in black and white:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/PhysicalEvidence.htm

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's one possibility you allow. You're directly quoted saying that, above.

Remind me who is lying, now.
    OK. Let us be clear.

You are now telling us that no UFOs are extraterrestrial aliens.

Is that correct? Can we hold you to that, then? Or will you flip flop back to "it could be aliens"?

The "characteristics" you list are given above: "technological craft" of various shapes that are "beyond anything humans can make", which have "occupants". These occupants, we now learn, cannot possibly be extraterrestrial aliens, despite your previous claims to the contrary.

Oh, and apparently the occupants are interested in soil samples, at least some of the time.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

All such evidence that I am aware of has mundane alternative explanations, or else is of such dubious quality that no definite conclusions can be drawn.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's certainly possible they are ET's. But assuming they are isn't warranted. We just don't know who they are at this point. For now we remain agnostic as to the who.

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

No it was lost.
    I may make another.
    Yes now you are getting it...
    Alex

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sounds like you're relying on anecdotal accounts of the evidence instead of the evidence itself. You know..all those skeptic websites you get your debunking information from? Philip Klass and company?

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thinking about the particular "sighting" in the news video that we have been considering, where can I find the relevant field examinations by the experts? What effects were there on vegetation? Was the radiation measured? Were there any physical effects on eyewitnesses?

For that matter, were there any eyewitnesses, or is the video all we have? Is there any evidence at all that there was ever anything in the sky, as opposed to merely some reflected light in a camera lens?

In short, is there anything apart from the visuals in the video themselves that backs up the idea that what is seen in that video is a "technological craft" with "occupants" who like soil samples?

The problems with the visuals themselves have already been examined in some detail, and the reasonable conclusion is that we can safely put this down to lens flare unless there is compelling evidence for "technological craft" etc.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

But you're convinced there is a "who". After all, you know all UFOs have "occupants", by some magical knowing process that you have yet to explain. I'm sure you assume that these "occupants", whoever they are, must be intelligent - at least intelligent enough to build a "technological craft" and fly it purposefully.

Tell me: in the video we have been examining, what is the evidence for "occupants" of the "UFO"?

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Oh you're suddenly interested in looking at trace evidence of ufos now? You can start here:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/PhysicalEvidence.htm