UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

[QUOTE="paddoboy, post: 3654541, member: 270793
    Why and how can you suggest that such a humanly logical demand is stupid?....[/QUOTE]
    Dubious 'contactee' accounts aside, after so many decades actually centuries of many non-mundane intelligently controlled UAP encounters, it's abundantly clear 'they' prefer to remain elusive. Evidently interested in perpetually evoking bewilderment, curiosity, awe, fear, determined efforts to 'solve' the issue, and yes skepticism and derision. They dictate what does and doesn't happen, not us.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well I certainly won't be driven away with my hands tied and gagged, from giving what I see as a reasonable critique, as to why after all this time, they don't make themselves known.

It is and will always be a reasonable demand in place of the proper extraordinary evidence, that would answer mankind's greatest and most asked question.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hi paddoboy, I just noticed this comment. What do you mean? (the bold)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It is often said by those that "believe" that we don't see them, or the reasons they don't otherwise interact with us, is because it would be analogous, intelligence wise, as us humans, and ants on an ant hill.
    My point is while certainly they would be more intelligent then us, probably by decades or even hundreds of years, they would be intelligent enough to recognise that we are not at any ant level, or chimp level for that matter, and that we have conquered heavier then air flight, and even left our planetary cradle. Giving good and legitimate reason/s for making their existence officially known.

With a small number of cases, aliens, or alien controlled craft, are one of the possibilities in a mix of many other possibilities, particularly with the likes of atmospheric illusions, as per some of the links I gave.
    It is not the extraordinary evidence needed, to validate that we are not alone, and answering mankind's greatest question.
    Do they exist? Yes, most probably, but as yet we lack that conclusive evidence.

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Okay, gotcha. But, if space alien life exists, they may realize we are ''intelligent,'' but not as intelligent as them? Do we presume they've evolved like humans? Sometimes I think our idea of life is too ''earth-focused'' (understandably) and we use that paradigm when envisioning life on other planets, especially potentially intelligent life.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Of course more intelligent than us! But not comparable to us and ants.
    It would be pretty rare if any intelligent life elsewhere, has evolved into a humanoid form, imo. But certainly appendages to build and construct. But I could be wrong too.
    And that's the crux of the matter, the small cases of Unidentified UFO's and UAP's, could be aliens, or alien controlled craft [like the Voyagers, Pioneers etc] but we do not have the extraordinary evidence...just radar shots, grainy photographs, gullible people.....It is nothing more then just a possibility in some of the well known cases.

Ask yourself a reasonable question....Astronomers spend their life looking at the skys with state of the art instruments...we never hear of reports from those people...well generally speaking. I do recall one case.

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Astronomers/Cosmologists have found a number of "Ëarth like planets" in other systems, one within the system of our closest neighbour, the Centuari system. But being Earth like and within a Goldilocks zone is not evidence for intelligent life, nor is it evidence for Aliens having visited Earth.

12. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Who has tried to tie and gag you? Quit the paranoia. Of course they are making themselves known and often - in ways they want to be known. Again - they decide such matters.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

This could be why no visit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

One case? Hahaha. I posted iirc the following link quite some time back, but with memories like sieves here it quickly got forgotten:
    https://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/a-list-of-ufo-sightings-by-astronomers/
    Outdated by 20 years, but the numbers already there are more than adequate to thoroughly destroy your claim.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  15. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Almost forgot that piece. Yes part of the 90-95% mundane stuff. Well this reasonably short vid showing flashing lights in formation doesn't fit the distant aircraft in the haze description:

PS I withdrew an earlier vid which seems to have been a hoax playing on a real outage event.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  16. foghorn Valued Senior Member

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/23/drones-mystery-colorado/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/drones-FAA-colorado-nebraska.html
    Night drone formation flying:Is this clip for real?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Do you think we have a need to fantasize about alien life, then? Do you disbelieve all alleged sightings?

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'll take a crack at this:
    Yes. It is known, expected human behavior to do so.

The issue isn't about "disbelieving" anything.

The issue is about drawing a conclusion when there is insufficient evidence to support it.

There are definitely unusual and unexplained things happening. No one doubts that. But "unexplained" does not equal "alien". Or "supernatural".

19. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I didn’t say it did.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I believe Dave has summed it up pretty factually.
    I accept that we have a small percentage of UFO's that are unexplained. Perhaps, a mirage of some sort...perhaps some trick of light...perhaps some form of atmospheric disturbances etc like sprites, fire balls or perhaps Aliens!! We don't know, simple as that.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Didn't I say I wasn't sure? Did any of them claim extra terrestrial beings, or some paranormal activity, or just plain old mundane UFO or UAP? So we are back where we started.
    Obfuscating by declaring it isn't valid to critically ask why they don't make their imagined visitations official, after a 100 years or so of sightings, is a forlorn attempt to tie and gag me.
    Your paranoia quip is rather ironic since it is you making the claim, among other silly claims as your record here shows.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Nor did I say you said it did.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. river

I'll take a crack at this: Dave

Why? Why would we , Humanity , be Expected to Fantasize about Alien Life ?

dumbest man on earth likes this.