Impunity for war crimes in Gaza and southern Israel

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And thus, there will never be peace in the Middle East until one or the other or both of the two cultures is dead, gone, buried and forgotten.

Of course, wait, if history is any indication, Muslims never, ever forget anything and will seek personal vengeance at the first opportunity!!

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

There will be peace if HONESTY is applied. Starting with the Apartheid Rogue State of Israel.

No, the US is the vengeful aggressor. The 9//11 victims were not even cold in their graves when the US invaded the sovereign nation of Afghanistan, who had NOTHING to do with the attack. Iraq who had NO WMD was next. Now we see Pakistan crumbling and India is being drawn into the conflict. Iran is in being destabilized as we speak. There is plenty reason for wishing vengeance, but all we want is for the INVADERS to leave.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"we"? Where are you from?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

We, who stand for peace, dignity and human rights.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That sort of reaction, that Buffalo Roam may exemplify here (& maybe I misread you BR) saddens me. When people react this way at the mention of concepts like peace, love, dignity, human rights, etc. I can't help wondering if :roflmao:
    disguises a repressed :bawl:
    like a frustrated adolescent virgin might similarly be compensating, when ridiculing and trivializing sexuality.

It's OK to respect peace, dignity and human rights- or even the mention of support for the same. It's like when someone says "I like sunshine"- you don't have to agree with a person in all things, to know that such words are most often evoked in a simple, universal sincerity. That is, if you like sunshine. I wonder if it requires actually holding respect for peace, dignity and human rights to understand. Maybe in the absence of such respect, discussing examples of ethnic violence in a context of sincerity is deeply discomforting. I don't think it's easy being callous.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's just ironic, since we never hear Strawman complaining about the human rights crimes of Hamas.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You'd have to first demonstrate that it was the deliberate targeting of civilians.

You might also comment on why this is the only 'massacre' that concerns you. Maybe we could start with pogroms in the region and move forward.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Respect peace, dignity, and human rights?

Let's reference GeoffP post....

The reason I am :roflmao: is because of the one sided, racist, partisan, predisposed, prejudiced, and bigoted, elocution, from Strawdog, pj, and you.

Yes lets start with the equal assessment of the massacres, and pogroms, and mass deportations and expulsions of the Jews in the Arab States long before 1948 and especially starting in 1948 as punishment for the temerity of jews of Israel to Win their Statehood.

Now lets look at the fact that Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan, were established under the same League of Nations, United Nations Mandates that established Israel.

So equality of the of the Law in application, but it seems Hype, you and pj and StrawDog only want to point the finger of blame at Israel, yes, I have met many a raciest, anti Semite, and they all have the same line, it is the Jews and only the Jews who are at fault, and your's and pj's and StrawDog's, post and thoughts are no different.

Yes, lets start with the beginning.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, you're full of it.

13. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The report covers issues regarding this. The correct protocol now, would be for a full investigation (independent), based on the report, probing BOTH the IDF and Hamas. HAmas have indicated a willingness to co-operate. The IDF, no.

That is my prerogative.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

They have no rights. They are imprisoned.

15. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

What, a sense of justice?

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You a sense of justice? :roflmao:

Who's Justice? The Palestinians sense Justice? or the Israelis sense of Justice? or the U.N.'s sense of Justice?

Three competing forms of Justice, ignored by all parties.

Under the Justice of the U.N. The Jews were established in Israel as a Self determining population in Palestine, just as the Arabs of Palestine were given the same right, but the Arabs went to war to deny the Jews the Right to Self Determination, so again what Justice, and who's justice are you referring to?

The Arabs of Palestine seem to ignore everyone else's justice, and then cry foul when they get Justice applied to them.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Buffalo Roam: "Who's Justice? The Palestinians sense Justice? or the Israelis sense of Justice? or the U.N.'s sense of Justice?"

There is (and has been for many centuries) an unmistakable, universal justice: It's called the Golden Rule. I hope that Bowe Bergdahl is treated accordingly- with just reciprocity; far better than we USAmericans have treated our "Enemy Combattants" and "Detainees". The Golden Rule is the only salvation for US foreign policy, and the only viable basis for US leadership and prosperity as a world power. The Golden rule is the only reliable foundation of unity between nations. The universal Golden Rule is also the only solution to, and only escape from the cycle of mistrust, oppression, and violence between zionists and their neighbors.

18. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Sadly, you are still not comprehending the basics.
    Again, simply stated.
    1. I live in a house that my family owned for 2000 years.
    2. A complete stranger comes in and takes half the house.
    3. I am expected to part with my house and sign an agreement giving half away.
    4. The complete stranger gets upset that I refuse to sign and calls me ungrateful.

Get it?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Apparently, that is what Buffalo would do. Hence he will have absolutely no problem if the state takes away everything he has earned and owns and gives it to some unknown person(s) because the state decides the unknown person(s) has more right to it.

Buffalo will willingly give up what belongs to him since he cannot ignore what the state defines as everyone else's justice.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So instead, you'd have Buffalo take the law into his own hands and resort to violence in order to reverse that situation? You'd have him fight the state for years and years, doing violence and suicide bombings, shooting rockets and mortars at other people, and neglect his own family, pushing them deeper and deeper into poverty and destitution and criminality?

The "rule of law" is only when those rulings are in ones own favor? And when they are not, then guns, mortars, rockets, bombs, etc is the best answer to the problems?

When does ones own family (and people) become important enough to stop the violence and begin to care for ones own family (and people)?

Baron Max

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Apparently not in the Middle East!! And apparently not with Muslim groups.

Baron Max

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Sam: "he will have absolutely no problem if the state takes away everything he has earned and owns and gives it to some unknown person(s) because the state decides the unknown person(s) has more right to it."

"Buffalo Roam" would meekly become "Fenced-In-Cow"? I imagine of him being shot while charging his tormenters- head down, full gallop, and then a twitching cartwheel.

Baron Max: "So instead, you'd have Buffalo take the law into his own hands and resort to violence in order to reverse that situation?"

It's not a binary and bipolar universe. There are alternatives above and beyond subservience or violence in responding to and defeating oppressors. If you have never observed or envisioned the success of resistance in the spectrum between (and including) proportionality and non-violence, then I'm willing to direct your attention to some winning examples. There are more ways than one hundred to defeat a bully. A good first start is isolating the bully (be it an individual or nation) from the more socially-advanced majority, discrediting and defeating oppressive behavior. This is how the concept of war crimes and their just consequences is evolving.

Baron Max:"apparently not with Muslim groups."

No, Muslims have equivalent respect for justice and have comparable adaptability as do any other humans. You're just fixated on the minorities among Muslims that you fear, and making bigoted generalizations.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Israel will continue to get away with its crimes until the truth gets to the states. Once Israel's umbrella is gone they will behave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.