Implications of OPEC trading in Euros

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by hypewaders, Apr 10, 2004.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So any bets on the $200 oil barrel? One year?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

The price is the price. Would not matter if it was traded in beads.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"The price is the price."

The price is more than a pound of flesh, when it comes to Uncle Sam's fat ass*. Further Petrocurrency conversion can collapse the US Dollar. The USA may not have enough friends to stop it, if Europe gets cheeky.

* not you, S.A.M.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I see three possible situations:

1. the ECB will stop being a money grubber and moving all the investors from the measly 2% of the US to the 5% of the EU by dropping some of their interest rate.

2. The feds will cough up some more interest deductions, albeit reluctantly to 1.75% (how low can they go before committing hara kiri?)

3. The sheikhs will worry about inflation enough to yield some more petro for the dollar, hence depressing the price.

Thats the good stuff. Anyone want to volunteer the possible bad stuff?

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The bad stuff, which is really going to happen is that the Fed won't have enough takers soon on financing the deficit. Giant Sucking Sound fails to express how big this will be, how much it will suck, and how much we're going to hear about it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

um the greedy bastards will cut production to one barrel per country per year and see how high the price can REALLY go?

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

In Arabic, they say "on your Head" to that.

In other words, denying uncoal Sam his customary drink will bring much violence. Just of the thought of it already has, because he's a belligerent gasoholic.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i do have to say there is a limit to how many times the US can invade. Eventually the world would take action against them because they cant hid ALL there oil wars. if they were to invade the intire middle east coincidently after the middle east cut production SOMEONE would wake up this time

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Aren't you Autralians ready to join the USA in a few air raids in Iran, just for old times, mate?

It could be With-Us-or-Against us when the GWOT gets redder than orange near election-time.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

HA, this time we have a LEFT(ER) wing goverment who is already pulling the Australians out of iraq. How many other goverments do you think will want to lose there jobs for US oil?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering what they will cook up close to the elections.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Quds Force Sabotage of Victory in Iraq, AntiSemitism, Terrorist Camps, Iranukes (WMDs) and the long-overdue next terrorist attack within the USA. In other words, business as usual.

16. Kadark Banned Banned

Intensifying the scrutiny against Iran's "weapons of mass destruction".

A devastating attack against Tel Aviv organized by Mossad.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Mossad does not murder Jews.

18. Kadark Banned Banned

Wanna bet?

19. John99 Banned Banned

No more flying for you and no more anemone for Asguard. That is fine with me.

20. kmguru Staff Member

Yesterday, I talk to my liquid gold seller for the car. He said that the oil price will drop in the next 3 months, then go up again and then drop a little. That is what he heard from this supplier. But long term prospects are unknown. He siad that India and China are digging for coal that could change the dynamics.

I think, until the hydrogen and plugin hybrid systems kick it, not much is happening. It takes 6 years (3 to 4 years in China) to build a nuclear power plant to support the plugins.