Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hathor Banned Banned

CHESTER'S JOB INTERVIEW

"now chester, i am offering you this job on the condition that you keep your hands off my kids. what you do outside my house is not my concern. deal?"

"yezzz! (slobber drool glee)"

CHESTER'S PERFORMANCE REVIEW

"You have done a superb job. You are a strong nanny, and our family owes you a debt of gratitude."

"tankzz! (slobber drool glee)"

it is lack of foresight and abundance of stupidity that prevents one from acknowledging the potential liability. indulging in the very behaviour that one is supposed to be moderating results in moral bankruptcy.

in the end what is left is neither reason nor respect, just a big stick with which one enforces compliance.

*attitudes like this is what fuels america's zeal, fervor and fanaticism
    *usa usa

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hathor Banned Banned

SARGENTLARD

is this what you characterize as "assertive"?

“Originally Posted by Xev
    Padma:
    Hush now, having a womb less fertile than the Sahara is no reason to barge in.
    Now, if someone were to "barge in" to you, would he get friction burns on his penis? Or do barren women produce as much lubricant as us fertile ones do?

You lying fucking cumbucket, I did not say any such thing. I gave a snide expose of what motivates a pencil-dicked moron like you to make such assertions............You pathetic cunt, I haven't even been arguing the existence/nonexistence of race.

Try fucking a real woman - you won't take rejection as badly when it comes from the cyber ones.

“ Originally Posted by Xev
    cunt:"

quotes from here

regardless of its inappropriateness , your attempt to mischaracterize and soft pedal what is obviously very harsh and obscene language is far more distasteful than the words themselves. your bias is apparent and that is what is really sickening

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

wooo, the votes are now dead even

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

I am kinda new here, I am not exactly sure what's going on or who Xev is, but s/he sure likes to use profanity, from what I have seen and heard

8. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

This is ridiculous.

People, this is Xev.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

She's as much a part of sciforums as... well... peace and love, right?

Who can possibly replace her?

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Are you telling me that nobody else on this forum is capable of being a moderator in the philosophy subforum?

10. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Show me some nude pics Spurious and you got my vote Monkeyboy!

O.K., By a popular vote in my personal messages, I have received a total of 2045 requests to moderate, I am truly grateful to all my fans out there but I must decline.
    And yeah, after a year or so you get used to Xez.

I have one serious question, does Xez WANT to still be a moderator or is she doing it still because it's what she was doing yesterday.
    If she WANTS to moderate, Shes got my vote.

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  11. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

According to this
    It appears she doesn't care one way or the other.

12. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Hey, YOU are the one that started this thread. YOU are the one soliciting opinions on Xev. These opinions have been given. It's YOUR problem if you don't like what you hear. What, you think you were gonna get a glowing affirmation justifying Xev's behaviour, and it backfired???

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Not at all paulsamuel, I wanted to see what the people wanted based on previous threads, I did not know if it would be positive or negative I wanted to find out.

14. Hathor Banned Banned

it is sad to see you sell this esteemed moderator short. that alleged quote hardly does her justice and is not indicative of her "social attitude"

in order to be fair, i present another snippet....

.....that presents a sophisticated and erudite expansion of the original.

15. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Not exactly... I just can't see anyone else doing the same job.

It'll be creepy.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Ya who ever else gets the philosophy forum job will be boring to the max compare to Xev!

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Give the position to Dr Lou.

I can assure you that it will be a lot more interesting than with Xev.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

no crazymike would be even more interesting!

19. Arditezza Banned Banned

Boring maybe, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone less civil.

20. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

yeah what happened to crazymike? what's with all this "crazymike banned" business?

21. Bells Staff Member

Hmmm was I? Never assume Hathor. The fact of the matter is that I find the whole topic to be amusing. What we have here is not a discussion of Xev's ability to moderate. Instead we are having discussions about her personality. We have the haters and the abused coming out of the woodwork to put their own knife in and we have the brown nosers trying to grovel in the hope that she will mark their name down and take pity on them in the future. I, like many on here, have been confronted by the Xev and let me tell you, it was hilarious. Whether I, or anyone else, likes her is not the issue. Does she moderate in her forum? Yes she does. Does she moderate well enough in her forum, many here would probably say yes. I have to ask, if we get rid of Xev, who would take on the philosophy forum? Who here knows enough about philosophy to do the job?

As to the way she moderates. She is fairly fair in the way she moderates and when she's been found to not be fair, she receives complaints and she has been known to correct her mistakes. After all, that is the issue at hand is it not?

I've been reading through this and many other similar threads for a while now and it is always a recurring theme. Xev was mean to me and she swears a lot, so she should not be allowed to moderate... she's not respectful, she's rude, she's racist, blah blah blah... If she's mean to you, be mean back. If she swears at you and calls you the names she's known to call people, be bigger and be polite back (will probably drive her up the wall). If you cannot help yourself and must read her posts, don't take what she says so seriously. I cannot understand how or why people feel so insulted at being called names on the internet. This thread is no longer about her moderation style. It's become a free for all because Xev is mean... boohoofreakinhoo. The answer is simple. Just don't read her threads if you're the sensitive type.

Authority can always be applied indirectly by anyone. Not just the moderators. Personally, I treat the moderators as I treat any other member in here. At times I am respectful and other times I am not. It usually depends on my particular mood at the time and the topic of the thread and what has been said. The way I see it, most on here are the same. I have seen many a flame war between moderators and also between members and moderators. The roles are always blurred in here because those who moderate do not post only in their particular forum. Instead they roam free like the rest of us and participate in trading insults like the rest of us. Should we put the moderators in a position where we are meant to bow to them out of respect and agree with everything they say? I know if that were the case, I would not be here.

Xev thinks everyone else is subhuman, whether you agree with her or not. Most, thankfully, don't agree with her. That makes this forum more interesting to read. Do I believe in the notion of keeping the races pure? Well seeing that I'm of mixed race myself, I'd be damning my ancestors if I said yes. I happen to like my 'velly velly' unclean ancestry. It has helped ensure that inbreeding was kept to a minimum.

You're correct. So why don't people just tell her what they think of her? Instead of these ban threads where it's done in a round about way, why don't people just tell her to her face, so to speak? Everyone expects her to accept them and when she doesn't, you come crying to mama (or papa as porf, I take it, is male). She probably faces criticisms daily from many members and when she criticises back, we see the crying.

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

How on earth did I do that?
    Oh, were you referring to this:

Warning: courtship of the deranged following (sorry Bells)
    Child - I did not interfere with your courtship of him. For that you might blame his heterosexuality, not me - for I have no offline relationships with the online.

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  23. Bells Staff Member

Ok, now I have a complaint to make.

Jesus Christ woman! You should not be allowed to post courtships of the deranged without posting a warning to the viewers first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.