Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i voted no, but what do i know? i rarely venture into her forum so i don't have firsthand knowledge of how she operates as a mod. i'm sure a good deal of those voting in here also don't know what kind of mod she is. perhaps a new poll should be made in that forum to be voted upon by only the people who post in there (honor system). and close this monster up.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

that would be a biased sample of posters since those posting there are the remnants of a strong selective process run by Xev herself. I.e., she's already chased off enemies (the rational ones), all that's left are friends of hers.

no, any poll regarding Xev's position should be open to us all

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

This is not a criticism, I just need clarification.

Preclude means to prevent. Is there someone saying that Xev is preventing bias towards specific posters?

Or, do you mean that her opinions and racism "lead to" bias towards specific posters?

Or, something else altogether?

Thank you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arditezza Banned Banned

I'm sorry, I'll edit it. I meant to say that it would preclude her from being unbiased towards specific posters.

8. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

she only has jurisdiction over that one forum. why should the rest have anything to do with it?

9. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

I understand the importance of a rich mental life; I have one myself. I don't showcase it much here on the forums, mostly because I am not interested in advertising what I'm "really like", if one can even say that.

This is Wandererlike BS, and totally ridiculous. For all you know, Xev is actually Noam Chomsky performing a psychological experiment on all us rubes. He makes an argumentative post and runs his "bitch" macro on it, et voila! Alter ego.

Chances are, soon he will set up a dating service, matching up those men that chase after Xev with women specially selected to swoon when they hear nihilistic philosophy. Thereafter will be born a generation of genetically perfect Xev slaves, who will do his alter ego bidding.

That sounds like something Noam would do.

Look, it's good that you found inner strength to fight against your oppressive life, but if you've developed a persona for yourself where an unkind word cuts you like a blade, you've still got some more developing to do. Their words, even the most horrible, are drops of water. Flick them away.

If any words on this forum have ever offended me, then I am surely offended by your suggestion that our personas here are indicative of our inner souls. Do not assert that the few crooked words that we give to sciforums show us as we truly are; not only is it untrue, but that is also the attitude that makes other people's words hurt you.

10. Hathor Banned Banned

on a side note...this seems to be an issue that should be explored in a little more depth

the moderator in question acknowledges that vicious ad homs are acceptable. i mean, what is he asking to you to skip over anyway? therefore; is this sort of content an acceptable form of communication available to all members?

now all that is needed is an even handed system of moderation. discrimination between members and moderators should be dropped as of now. member ad homs should be unfettered and free from any form of moderation.

if others, member or moderator, does not like this, perhaps another reminder on the recommended course of action is in order..

perhaps an example of an approved ad hom is also in order

i am sure there are some out there that can top that yes?

on the second side note... excessive and lengthy quotations. i had the impression these were not permitted. however this thread indicates otherwise. a mile long quote was made by xev. requests for edit/delete were ignored.

is the same courtesy extended to the members as well? will there be a modified tos in light of this?

moderators, please take the time and formulate a response to this post. feel free to clarify or correct any assumptions or errors in my part

or, on the other hand, keep mum and and resume the behaviors that are perceived by quite a few, as dishonest and hypocritical

on the third side note.... this just struck me. if the admin could announce that a higher degree of laxity is afforded towards the moderators with regards to their conduct. the behavior could be institutionalized, all would be aware of this at sign up .there would be no room for "whining". while the forum reputation would suffer, perhaps it could be construed or rationalized as the "cost of doing business". perhaps a"who gives a shit!" might be a possible response

i for one would have more respect if such an action would be undertaken. while i would still disapprove, practicality dictates.."when in rome......."

11. Hathor Banned Banned

strangely enough, xev's "shove your cock down your throat" quote came from a thread where a poster named bebelina was hounded out by the moderator.

]

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=29002&page=2&pp=20

is she still an active member?

12. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

2 days till this thing closes....... isn't there enough evidence on both sides?

Whatever will be, will be....

and is 3 votes, that big a difference?

oh, and another thing (sorry if it's been mentioned)...

whatever Xev is saying, she'll keep saying... whether she's moderator or not...
    so half the argument here aren't valid.

13. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

this is outrageous!

this xev person is dispicable!

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Bebelina was a homophobie and believe homosexual choose to be gay.

15. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

let's just chuck gramma out da window...

16. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

hi. i am only new here but i hope you guys work it out.
    seems like a nice place already - i hope i dont get caught up in politics and stuff

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The leader hath spoken has he not? Porfiry has even voted no.

You mean to say that the allegations of the government holding guns to peoples heads making them gay is true?!

18. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

do you have a nickname Mr. C20H25N3o?

19. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

err.. just c20

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I was on the verge of calling him Frank...

21. Hathor Banned Banned

i see the bigbluehead still insists on molding others in HIS OWN IMAGE!

22. Hathor Banned Banned

isnt goosetepping rather exacting as a mode of locomotion?

23. filter Registered Member

The above is proof you should promote the kerazee beeetch. Comedy genius.

f

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.