I'm stupid trying to explain God rationally!!!

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 18, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

jandt,

God is "omni-everything" because God creates everything. He created the constants of our Universe. The Bible says: God never changes. This means that the Universe has constants that never change. God is the order of the Universe. It's pure teleological explanations...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"God is "omni-everything" because God creates everything. He created the constants of our Universe. The Bible says: God never changes. This means that the Universe has constants that never change."

I have two problems with this. The first is a problem with the logic and the second is, if you are right, a problem with the situation.

Let me try and tace your logic.
    - God creates everything
    - God doesn't change
    - Therefore nothing changes

The way I see it, this doesn't make sense. The logic is flawed.

I can create something, keep it in an unchanging state for a certain length of time and during the length of time I can change. Why does it differ for God? I'm guessing your answer to this will be that God didn't just CREATE the Universe, he IS the Universe. Right?

Second problem...

Things do change. I change.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Wait, I have a third problem now.

I fail to see how the hell your response has ANYTHING to do with what the previous post was.

"Man created god, not the other way around. God is omni-everything b/c a man said he it was so.........(325ad, council of Nicea, where the leading religious scribes of the time, CREATED, the Christian religion, decided what books would be included in the bible, made Christ divine, Mary a virgin, and thus began 2000 years of monotheism)........."

The poster states a belief. An unprovable one though, until we have a time machine.

You countered it with another belief.

This is so mind blowingly stupid it, well, blows my mind.

You have faith in something as truth and your faith WILL NOT change. They have faith in something and the faith WILL NOT change. So what the fuck do you hope to accomplish by both basing your arguements on a faith the other does not believe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

... As I said, God is related to the constants. He creates (or IS... I don't know) the constants. But, of course, everything else changes. Is like the Philosophy of the I Ching. There's the Tao that is changeless, the Truth, and everything else is always changing. The core never changes but everything else does.

It's not just a belief...

Love,
    Nelson

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson: Oh great, Islam too now?

Saying so won't make it so. You have yet to show ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that it is more than just speculation.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The EVIDENCE is in my head, with the memories of my experiences...

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson dear, that's not evidence at all.

Suppose I told you that unicorns exist. When you asked me why I think that, I say

Do you believe me?

11. onetrikponee Registered Member

OK
    1. I dont want to be rude AND
    2. This is my first post and it will probably start some flame war on me BUT-

Does truthseeker make these things up to stir you guys up or does he/she really believe the things he/she says?

Glad to be here guys!

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums, onetrikponee.

I personally believe that Nelson is sincere.

Say, Nelson, do you mind that I call you Nelson? I prefer to use real names, rather than titles. Besides, I like your name.

BTW, Xev is actually my nickname in real life. Or one of them.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Welcome onetrikponee!

Thanks to bring up the question.

Yes, I'm sincere...

Xev,
    Yes... you can use my real name...

Love,
    Nelson