Im new,just wondering if someone can interpret my dream

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by MystikalTao, Dec 7, 2002.

1. MystikalTao Registered Member

Ok It has been a few months since I have had this dream so I may not be able to give all details. But I am very curious to see what it may mean for me. The thing is I am 19 years old no and i do not watch fairy shows or movies anymore.
    Anyway,In this dream I was far from home in a strange town I cannot explain where just somewhere my dream took me.Well there were strangers there too.The main thing about this dream was a unicornI spotted it and I tryed to catch up with it and eventually it came around to me the next day in my dream.
    Another dream that I used to have alot when I was younger was walking on my block looking at the familiar homes than they would change to homes I have never seen before and well I was in a whole new place it was scary I kept trying to see homes that were familiar again so I could go home but it didnt happen.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

You're gay. The unicorn is a phallic symbol that your subconscious is using to tell you that it is time to come out of the closet and pursue well-hung creatures with powerful limbs. However, you think the gay community might be strange and not welcome you(hence the unicorn running away). This will be resolved however, since the unicorn returns to you.

Seriously though, there is nothing to suggest that dreams actually mean anything. Current thinking favours the idea that they are merely your brain's filing and organisation of the day's events.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MystikalTao Registered Member

lmao ok voodoo child thx for "your thoughts"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

There are two out of many possibilities. As Voodoo Child suggested, the current scientific thinking is that your dreams are part of a process of mind that defrags and cleans your memory banks.

The other possibility is that our mind is slowly developing towards a wireless connection to the universal intelligence and sometimes you are tapping into a glimpse of another space-time situations where real unicorns are present. The universe is a big place where every dreams can be true and imaginations can come to life (quantum reality).

Reality is in the mind of the beholder...

8. Zerothis Registered Member

My guess would be that you are trying to get closer to God by 'being pure'. Which no one is nor, can be. But don't worry Jesus is looking for you.

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I personally feel that imagry in dreams is significantly dependant on the person. There seems to be alot of "brain organising" going on, but there are also other dreams, which have a different level of detail and a different level of emotional strength.

However, most cultures have some basic rules about what things mean in dreams.
    Chasing animals, for instance, tends to have something to do with chasing down tradition; my initial thought would be that the unicorn dream could be taken as: "If you chanse impossible dreams, they will be foreever out of your grasp. If you have patience, then they may find you" However, that interpratation is also heavily tainted by my personal belief system, so it's worth about as much as a rotted head of lettuce.

As for the arcitectural change dream, I've been told two main theories:
    1)that it signifies the loss of stability. Something which is forever perminant and solid as a kid (your house), is going away/changing out of your control.
    2)that is the visual evidence of actual inter-dimentional travel your dream self. This particularly applies to changes in orientation that occur when going through doorways. This idea is best illustrated in the fiction book "The Great Book of Amber" by Roger Zelazny. The main characters travel using this method.

Wether dreams are just in your head, or a doorway to other planes of existance are questions like religion; they can never be proven one way or the other. I try and keep my mind open, while not having faith in either.

If the interpretations of your dreams help you in your waking life, then they are useful - you should listen to them. If they don't help, then don't listen to them.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Without delving into the catalog of archetypes that a Jungan analyst would use... Every person in a dream is almost always you. The only exceptions are people who have been an important part of your life for so long that they've become embedded in your unconscious. At your age that could only be your closest blood relatives. Since there are so many of them, though, unless you're from one of those ethnic groups that still manages to maintain gigantic, close, extended families, I'm going to go with the strangers being various images of yourself. At your age (forgive me if I wear out that phrase but it is an age at which a whole lot of stuff happens to people), perhaps you're going through the unavoidable adventure of "finding yourself." There may be a number of visions of what/who you could be running through your unconscious. That's a whole lot of strangers. And the fact that they're all strangers, that there wasn't one who seemed familiar or distinguished from the others in any way, suggests that you haven't "found yourself" yet. None of the visions of the future you've imagined yet jump up and say, "Wow, what a fabulous life that would be!" So keep imagining. You'll find it eventually.
    Again, I'm going to ignore the phallic symbolism and whatever else the Dream Dictionary says about unicorns and stick to the easy path. You spotted something very unusual, so unusual that most of us don't even believe that it exists, and you wanted it. Eventually you got it. That sequence of events is so important to you that it spanned multiple dreams -- not as a repeating motif which is not too unusual, but as an episodic quest that you fulfilled against all odds -- a signal from your unconscious telling you to really pay attention to this one. So, is there something in waking life that you want, something that everybody tells you you're insane to be seeking? Your unconscious says that you should not give up, that you have what it takes to surprise everyone and capture it. This doesn't mean that the dream will come true, unfortunately, but it sure sounds like it's at least worth decoding and figuring out what nearly unbelievable goal you want to attain so badly.
    Leaving home, coming back and finding that it was no longer familiar, trying to find your way back. Welcome to adolescence, which sounds like the part of your life you were suffering through when those dreams happened. They have stopped, suggesting that you survived adolescence. Perhaps you're living in a home now that's more or less your own, or perhaps you've managed to establish a good relationship with your family and moved back into the home that regained its familiarity, or perhaps you've just moved on with your life and this issue is behind you. You've got more important things on your mind, both the conscious and unconscious one, such as figuring out what you want to do with your life as well as figuring out what fabulous prize you may have a chance of gaining.

Sounds like fun.

This is a five cent psychoanalysis for which I've even waived the fee since I don't have a license and can't legally charge you. I've avoided going out on a limb with archetypes, the understanding of which my education in accounting didn't cover. My interpretation of your dreams may be all wet. But the methodology I used is pretty sound, not very controversial, and not easy to screw up badly if you don't go out on a limb, as I didn't.

If the things I've suggested don't ring true, then for the goddess's sake simply dismiss them. But try the same kind of analysis yourself and see what you might be able to come up with. There are a huge bunch of shadow figures haunting your unconscious. Most people in your dreams are you. So what relationship do these shadows have to you? You're chasing after something, the very existence of which is unbelievable. What is it?

Look for answers to these questions, dreams or no dreams. They're pretty important.

Good luck!

11. cyberia Lounge Act Registered Senior Member

Zerothis: Considering his SN is "MysticalTao" I somehow think it unlikely he's looking towards deepening his christian faith.

I think the symbolism of the unicorn is probably not that your gay (I mean for you it might be but we lack the information to make that assumption). But I do agree that it symbolises something you're trying to aquire, whether it be a mate, position in society, a pure life or breakfast I couldn't tell you. But the fact is your trying to acheive/aquire something in a world that is not within your comfort zone. Whether the village is hostile towards you or not. It is unfamiliar. So I think one thing to say is that you are/should try to step outside your comfort zone, but that chasing it blatantly is not the best tactic. Be patient, acclimatize and it will come to you.

I dont hold much stock in dream dictionaries, because while they can be good stepping off points. The same object can have different meanings in different circumstances or to different people. Like for instance. A Unicorn could symbolize the phallic nature. Or it could also symbolise the pure and untouchable. Or chasing something seen as impossible, or the wonder of childhood fantasies, or that you just like Unicorns.

12. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

Well, the second dream suggest that you are afraid of change (growing up doesn't mean that your inner-child will disappear, you may still have times when the world seems too big for you to handle), cause change means "changing the map of things" and thus is the only way to get lost (cause you won't get lost with the familiar).

Maybe you had a bad experiance as a child when you moved somewhere and all the "familiar homes changed".

Do you see what I mean?

Dreams aren't merely defragging the memory, it has more value than that. Sometimes we need to be reminded of our vulnerability. Remember, everything wasn't as clear as you see it now, most children have gone through periods of anxiety and this may present itself in dreams, to remind you of yourself.

13. Rick Valued Senior Member

Random Nerve Impulse Fires and produces a Dream...

14. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

You make it too simple. The nerve impulses aren't random, and the dream itself are putting them into meaningful relations with the other impulses.

There's more than meets the eye, I think you rule things out too quickly just because of what some scientists say. There are much more to dreams than just random impulses, it's also how you in your dream react to these impulses so that, in a way, you create your dream. The dream also shows the inner-thought that you had during the day. It also brings back things that you have missed that you thought were important but just didn't put into memory (or if you later at some level realised it was important).

15. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

Ok! My turn to dream and tell!
    In my dream(this dream occurs at least once a week) I'm looking at the sky before sunrise. The light from the sun is peeking out in the horizon, but not fully. A little to the left, there are stll some stars out. But there is this one that holds more significance. It talks! It's bigger than the others, and it keeps telling me,"I am the sun, I am the sun," and so on. Then it fades away as the sun takes it's place in the sky.
    I figured, that the star is probably the planet Venus, because before sunrise Venus is the biggest star still hanging around the sky. In Roman mythology, Venus is the goddess of love and beauty. The Bible states that Lucifer, the angel, was the most beautiful angel of them all. It also says(I wish I could remember where) that every angel has its own throne in the heavens. Heaven can be referred to the kingdom of God, or, the sky, space. Anyway, the point is, I think Satan, that star in the dream, was talking to me! I think it was trying to lie to me and say he was the sun, he was the SON. Why the hell am I dreaming this?! I stopped reading the Bible years ago.
    Another one I have alot: I'm looking out my bedroom window, laying in bed, watching the moon. All of a sudden, it gets huge, bigger and bigger, until the moon crashes through my roof and is up in my face, but not touching. I don't know why, but it is the scariest dream I've ever had. I try not to look at the moon before I go to bed in fear I'll have that silly dream again.

16. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

I can only tell you what I know from the Bible.

When the son of perdition (and lawlessness) comes, he will go into Gods temple, sit on His throne and claim to be God.

Maybe you had a revelation of the last days?

The later dream seems really scary to me. I'm being honest here.
    There is no scarier than the absurd. Cause I think you feel anxiety when something that absurd happens. I can relate. Trust me. I've had weird dreams too, and the weird dreams are the creepiest of all cause you almost feel that you are loosing sanity.

17. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

I wanted to use numerology for this analysis

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Even though usually people use real names and date of birth etc for calculating the same, I am trying to use your alias and the date and time which you have used to post this comment !

‘MysticalTao’ turns out to be a 31=4 so does date of posting to a 3, 13=4 as well as time to 11,3 !

No 4 is seems to repeat a lot in your name as well as in the total so definitely there is going to be a strong influence of the same on your experience of dream too.

I would like to consider a dream as expression of mind which it can not express otherwise in normal life because of some social, cultural and/or many other reasons.

So we can first analyse about you and then talk about the dream as result of many constraints that you are feeling within or reasons not to express your real thoughts.

1. No 4 makes you doubt other's intentions, even if some one is giving you a good advice/direction you may have doubts on them and can lead you to take tough decisions based on your final feeling of a situation/condition/state/happening/reason.

2. No of 1’s repeated in your alias name indicates that you are the one who would like to be the center point of any group activity you do, be it office or social gatherings. To achieve this objective you would have sharpened (since just 19 may be yet to do that!) your people skills and others will find you as a person ‘who has his head on his shoulder’

3. But the above character doesn’t make you a good one at home, at home you will find you exactly other way around, a home devil. Just because its your home and you want every one at home to be the way you want them to be, you will fight for everything you say/desire/command etc. This can lead to a lot of unnecessary arguments and misunderstanding at home front which keeps you away from the homely affairs/relatives to friends circle.

4. Because of your harsh and tough attitude on situation/people and topics, you tend to attract the ‘undesirable’ people as friends. This can lead you to even trouble, but since you are smart you will never let the problems reach you but before that itself you will try to help people to solve the same. To feel the guru/helping hand/mentor role that you would like to feel.

5. There is definitely going to be a lot of tough situations (as you might consider that) around you for some time and but the luck and blessing of elderly people will save you from all that and will surely put you to the right level as to meet with your expectations. This definitely require your attention to a better relation with your mother.

6. Take care of your eye !

7. There is a possibility that you are in search of a mentor for your thoughts, be it meditation, business or general day to day life situations and this arise from your lack of confidence with your parents, specially father.

8. I am sure you will find that mentor soon and that meeting will definitely change many things in your life, starting from how you look at life all together.

9. You are going to be a slave (kind of) to your life partner. But sure you are the one who will decide that it needs to be like that, and she is going to exploit that to the best !

Now back to dreams,

I just wanted to spend my time to remember numerology and analysis of names, now you read between the lines and try to find the answers

Its all out here !

And when you reply also tell me where all I went wrong and how wrong I am with this funny numerology. It would help me improve

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

TIs rather the GODDESS speaking to you. when you have images of venus and moon your in Goddess territory boy........

Venus, Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, no less
    She herelds the sun and is The brightest star, and has also been called Lucifer, who the patriarchy has slagged off

Venus was anciently known to fertilize the sacred hallucinogenic plants (Allegro, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross) with the dew she brought

MOON...this image is VERy much Goddess....you've heard of the triple aspect of the Goddess? the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, which the patriarhcy coopted as 'Father, son and the Holy Ghost

Maiden is the waxin', Mother full, and Crone--the most feared aspect of the suppressed Goddess, is the Waning Moon, Underworld, Magick, Death, AND Regeneration

DON't be frightened of these dreams....ABANDON yourelf to them. they aren't 'lieing'.....have no fear. The Dark Goddess Kali is symbolically shown ith one of her hands up which means 'Have No Fear'

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What do you think it means?

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

"what do you think it means"

aHAAAA haha, BEAUTIFUL, ...you've shown us all up!