I'm going insane. It's about time.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by yura, Oct 30, 2005.

1. yura Registered Senior Member

What would it mean if, after waking up from a dream, you had trouble distinguishing which facts from the dream were real in real life and which one weren't? Today, it took me a few hours to sort it out.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

All is real life, there is no difference, the subjective reality is the same now or in a dream.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dagr8n8 Registered Senior Member

ya i have had that happen a time or two it was really weird.. the rest of teh day was really disturbing...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Yea, it happens frequently to me. Further, I have some childhood memories which may be dreams but I've been accustomed to think that they were real events. And those events are important. =(

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Bah, where is the problem waking up from one dream? Since I have a habitual lack of sleep, I have short sleep-phases with dreams the whole day long, with problems distinguishing between reality and dreamworld. Now that can freak someone out. Looking back, those things can become our memories in any event. Since we define ourself with these memories, it can well be that we define ourselves with dreams, so why should one care if he is dreaming or awake in the end? It won't make a difference to us.

9. yura Registered Senior Member

That's an interesting idea. Maybe alot of memories are just dreams, especially the less significant ones. But a problem with it is when the dream involves people. When you confront the person about the dream experience or characteristic they had in the dream, you will realize they don't remmember it ever existing.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then I'd say you got problems, boy! You should check into a psychiatric facility at your very first opportunity. And I think I'd agree with you ...you're probably going insane, if you ain't there already.

Baron Max

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

And they would probably wipe out all the capability to dream there.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Which might not be a bad idea since he take HOURS to wake up to reality!

Baron Max

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

What reality? Yours or his/her? Subjective reality doesn't change and as long as the person doesn't know any difference there is no difference (for that person). So why not dream?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Perhaps YOU need to check into a psychiatric facility, too!!!??

Baron Max

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I was there last tuesday!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Was diagnosing psychic illnesses, 20% of my mark in judical psychiatry.

16. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

'tis natural.at least i hope so,with less important things memory/tv/films/dreams/songs/computer games all merge into a fuzzy sort of past.how many times has someone been pissed off with a friend for hours before realising that they did something horrible to you in a dream?

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't usually see persons I know in dreams, but it has happened,
    the emotions freely travel across because there really is no across.

If you are very happy in a dream and then wake up you can still be happy from the trigger that happened in dream if the wakeup is peaceful and with no stress, i.e., outer factors affecting you.

18. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You should have it checked out if it happens more than once, as it seems to disrupt your life when it occurs.

19. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I have dreamt I had done things and never found out whether or not they were real. because the thing I did/dreamt didn't involve other people, I had no way of checking it out.

what happened was: I dreamt I was doing something, that I actually did the day before, and then I was confused as to what parts of that event were real and which were dreams. it was totally insignificant, but still kinda disconcerting.

20. taylan007 Madman Registered Senior Member

That happens when you confront people with events that realy did happen.

21. yura Registered Senior Member

good point

22. Rick Valued Senior Member

ummm,yura some serious advice: a doctor in your area? (if your problem is serious IMHO)

23. yura Registered Senior Member

dam, guy, that's original.