If you're from Sydney - MUST read

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by archwriter, Sep 11, 2002.

1. archwriter Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Your point?

Dragons rock.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. archwriter Registered Senior Member

I think it speaks for itself

DRAGONS

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Skull Registered Senior Member

LMFAO!!!

to be serious though... HA!

lucky your not Bulldogs supporter, got this email the other day... hang on i'm still trying not to laugh.

dragons...*shaking head*

A Plea for Help

Australia as a nation has always banded together to overcome tremendous adversity. We have weathered direct attacks on our own soil, wars overseas, corporate scandal, layoffs, unemployment, stock price plunges, droughts, fires, and a myriad of economic and physical disasters both great and small. But now, we must come together once again to overcome our greatest challenge yet.

Dozens of Canterbury Bulldog players and officials, in our very own nation are living at, just below, or in most cases far above the six-figure salary level. And as if that weren't bad enough they could now be deprived of their life-giving pay for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the salary cap situation. But you can help!

For only $20,835 a month, about $694.50 a day (that's less than the cost of a large screen projection TV) you can help a Canterbury Bulldog player or official remain economically viable during his time of need.

This contribution by no means solves the problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and every little bit will help!

Though $700 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a rugby league player it could mean the difference between spending the off-season golfing in the Whitsunday's or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, $700 is nothing more than a month's rent, half a mortgage payment, two unemployment cheques, or a month of medical insurance, but to a Canterbury player, $700 will partially replace his daily salary.

Your commitment of less than $700 a day will enable a player to buy that home entertainment centre, trade in the year-old BMW for a new Ferrari or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you sponsor. Detailed information about his shares, managed funds, real estate and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. Plus, upon signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned photo of the player lounging during the finals play-off on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (for a signed photo, please include an additional $150).
    Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples'
    suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?

Your Canterbury player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be able to make reverse charges calls to your home via a special operator in case additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!

I would like to sponsor a laid off Canterbury Player/ Official.

My preference is ticked below:

[ ] Front Rower [ ] Second Rower [ ] Lock [ ] Half/Five-Eighth
    [ ] Centre [ ] Wing [ ] Fullback [ ] Bulldog Official

[ ] Entire team (Please call our 1800 number to ask for the cost of a specific team - $10 per minute)

[ ] Braith Anasta (Higher cost: $10,000 per day)

Please charge my credit card listed below $694.50 per day for the
    player for the duration of the play-offs. Please send me a picture of the player I have sponsored, along with a Braith Anasta 2002 Income Tax Return and my very own Bulldog's pin to wear proudly on my hat (include $80 for hat).

Your Name: __________________________

Telephone Number: ____________________

Account Number: _____________________ Expiry Date:_______

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express

Signature: ___________________________

Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):

Account Number: _____________________ Expiry Date:_______

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express

Signature: ___________________________

Mail completed form to Canterbury Leagues Club or call 1-900-STUFF-THE-FANS now to enrol by phone (calls are charged at $10
    > per minute).

atleast support a team with half a chance like Cronulla... come on

gl in the finals

8. archwriter Registered Senior Member

Skull,

I saw that too, I had to send it straight to all the doggy buddies (that sounds kinda twisted - better not go there!). Anyway whats a sharkies supporter doing with the handle skull? Everyone knows the skull is a Saints man.

Actually the sharks are my 2nd team even though 35 years and won fark all.

see ya at the grand final.