If you were President Bush Jr…

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

At a white house conference Pres. Bush leaned over to read a tilted teleprompter, and his brain fell out of his ear; this is a common problem for him as his brain is that small, but this time the secret service could not find it and had to rush him to a hospital for a brain replacement, to make a long story short, due to medical chart mix up your brain was transplanted into the president, you are now Presedent Bush Jr. what would you do?

Please make your response about political activities, I don’t want to hear anything like you would rub poop on your face in public or declare nation spit ball day, ect.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

- work to pay off state debt, start payoff programme with the goal that 75% of the debt (33 trillion (10^12) $) are paid off within 50 years.
    - simplify taxes
    - increase corporate taxation
    - increase taxation on hydrocarbons (gas & oil).
    - stregthen poor aid in domestic USA (better homeless shelters)
    - tighten gun control
    - legalize cannabis
    - reduce military spending (yearly budget on military: ~300 bln $ - reduce it to 200 bln$, use 10$ more on medicare and welfare, and save the 90 bln. $ for payoff of debt).
    - tighten monopoly laws
    - allow access to alcohol at tage 16, and drivers license at age 21 (so that the youth can have a safe relationship with beer & booze before getting to drive, and not the other way around).

edit: spelling errors

Nice prologue, by the way (about the pea-brain

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

i would apoint Rummy as president so i could retire if that was possible. if not, i'd make him my top adviser.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

otheadp,

for the love of god why?!?!?

8. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

-remove all american forces from every country, disband the military
    -declare the School of the Americas to be a terrorist institution, sign an executive order closing it
    -propose a worldwide disarmament
    -bring back kyoto accords and strengthen them
    -declare a moritorium on the death penalty
    -create universal labor law, state inherent workers rights to union, wages, working conditions, etc. in every country
    -propose legislation to curb population growth, financial incentives to familes of 2 or fewer children taxes on more than 5 and a cap at 6, having more children than 6 will lead to declaration as unfit parents and removal of children from the house
    -create a free book program, allow everyone a yearly allotment of free books
    -propose an end to electoral college and redistricting
    -dismantle the border system

It's just a sample really.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

World War "X"

I would launch a worldwide chemical war, spraying LSD and psilocybin across the face of the earth, allowing for a bloodless invasion of every nation. Having conquered the world, I would use the drug trade to redistribute the wealth without stealing it from the rich directly, and then call an end to all borders, destroy currency, and set humanity toward working on reasonable and rational goals, like getting the hell off this rock and seeing what else is in the neighborhood.

Has it occurred to anyone else that the problem might be that humanity is going stir crazy?

:m:,
    Tiassa

10. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

The Kyoto agreement is rubbish.

The Co2 emissions can be cut down, but at an abhorrent cost, and very little difference to the environment.

Co2 is less of a greehouse gas than water vapour is.

So, as the controversional danish researcher Bjørn Lomborg proposes: Drop current CO2 taxations and limits, and invest the gains in CO2 binding methods for the future.

11. WasiGermany Banned Banned

Re: World War "X"

uhmmmm....to me

too much liberty ,too much freedom ,too much............
    and too less respect

i´ve deceided for myself to watch the show ,might get funny !

ps : i like your idea about a lsd-attack

12. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

That's the same crap that always leads to certain annhilation: let's just keep doing what we're doing and hope we come up with some brilliant solution in the future. That's the same solution to every problem.

The truth is that more is needed than Kyoto. We need to halt cars and industry. We need to reorganize our society so that homes are near work.

13. DJSupreme23 neocortex activated Registered Senior Member

That's what I'm suggestion in Arcologies, but that has already been turned down by other board member here.

14. WasiGermany Banned Banned

you play TOO MUCH sim city ,don´t you agree

nah man ,what i wanted to say is that there is no use/need for such constructions !
    enough space on this planet ...

15. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Most driving is from work to home and vise versa. It's not a matter of space but rather fuel efficiency. Consider if you lived 15 minutes from where you worked rather than and hour you use less fuel and save more time: win win. This society is not designed with fuel efficiency in mind. Suburbs and industry are far apart. Commercial is some where in the iddle but still fr away.

16. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Oh nooo, not Lomborg. I might have guessed he crop up somewhere.

Arcologies would be nice, certainly at the main large cities. Better would be greater decentralisaiton, using what technology as we already have and new stuff invented as we went along. Unfortunately this would need a totally new kind of economics, and screw up the current world trade system.

17. Thaug Registered Senior Member

-Decrease corporate taxes
    -Decrease regulation and subsidies of industries, agriculture airlines medicine etc.
    -More Federalism. (less mandates)
    -No tarrifs i.e. Steel.
    -No federal laws on drugs.
    -Get rid of DEA and ATF no point of having them now really.
    -No federal minimum wage. If california thinks it works let them have it.
    -Open imimgration w/ mexico, cuba and china for peaceful imigrants because there is no minimum wage there are plenty of jobs.
    -Unsocialize medicine.
    -Appoint only non-judical activist judges. Don't care were they stand on anything really as long as they know what thier job is.
    -No federal gun control.
    -Reform EPA or abolish it.
    -Use tax on gas/ oil to pay for highway transit nothing else.
    -More Nuclear power.
    -Repeal laws on Bio Research.
    -Decrease welfare
    -LOWER TAXES!!!!!!!
    -leave, have sex, drink a bear and watch the Sopranos till you fall asleep.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

*bump*

I think I would like to hear what people would do if they were Bush in light of the up coming election.

19. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Sorry to disappoint you, but there are 200 millions of jobless in China. Total labor force is around 700 millions. Jobless rate >25%. It seems 19th century capitalism is your ideal. Well, if it will come back you (most likely) will not entertain yourself with internet message boards anymore. It will be too expensive, and swarm of more burning desires (like getting food and shelter) will occupy your mind.

20. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Personally, I would say to myself if I were GW: "Well George, nobody knows better than you do that you are an unqualified, deep down scared puppet putting a smart/brave mask on. Step down. Let true puppet masters to compete in the elections. Why take blame later for something you did not conceive, just transmitted like a zombie?"

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Were I GW, I'd be ignoring pontifications from the sea of incompetence/stupitidity and be doing what I think is in everyone's best interest -- which would be that which is in my best interest becuase that can also serve others.

Vaguely the same thing as everyone else who can only whine that they haven't the innate abilitilty to make it so for themselves, let alone for others.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Mr. G,

So basically you would do nothing different from what Bush does as is?

23. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Were I GW, I'd be ignoring pontifications from the sea of incompetence/stupitidity

You mean voters G?

which would be that which is in my best interest becuase that can also serve others.

You mean others with the same goals and motivations as yourself G?

Vaguely the same thing as everyone else who can only whine that they haven't the innate abilitilty to make it so for themselves, let alone for others.

If Katherine Harris worked for me then I'd be president too!
    Dee Cee