If you live in America....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Absane, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The company is robbing the employees tips.
    It's the company he should be mad at.
    No-one would give an extra tip when they've been charged $4-$5
    for service. They think that that is the tip.

Oh, and Absane, this thing about "feeding people" and "honourable position".
    It sounds like you've been brainwashed by some corporate training video.
    Having a job of any kind is better than looking for handouts, but you're delivering a coronary in a box!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

If you have a problem with your wages, talk to your employer about it. Don't bitch to the consumer about your low pay. I already have to pay a mint for a pizza, why the hell should I be obligated to pay extras in tips as well?

Perhaps cleaners should get tips as well. After all, they make dick all.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Why are you a delivery driver? Why don't you work somewhere like Wal Mart? Being a delivery driver, yes, you are going to make less than minimum, plus you are also going to wear your own vehicle out for a company that doesn't give a shit.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Pizza delivery is a luxury. Half of the people that stiff me have trouble gathering the money to pay for it while I am at the door waiting. If you can barely afford pizza, perhaps you should spend your money on something like oatmeal.

I used to work at wal-mart... it's worse than delivering pizzas. I left after being promoted to a supervisor because I couldn't work 40 hours a week with the schedule I had to work.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

woot! Absane swore!

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

And?

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

If you want more pay take it up with your boss, or get a new job. I expect you can make more than minimum wage somewhere else. The rest of us are under no obligation other than to our own notions of charity. I don't order pizza anyway, but in these situations I want to buy for the price it is listed at. Tips should be covered by the charge.

11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I'm with you, Absane. I got a p'zone Friday night and my tab was just over $10, and I tipped the driver $2. Unless the server/delivery person just absolutely sucks total balls (or they take forever delivering the pizza), they always get 20% from me. I used to be both a valet and a server so I understand what tips mean.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

You know what, after hearing you in this thread - i'm never tipping a delivery guy again...

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

we in UK dont tip anyone!

i may if i think the service in a resturant was good enough give a tip.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Almost always, it's not the driver's fault that the pizza is late. If your pizza is late, it's usually the manager's fault because they are in the store conducting the whole thing. If it's busy in the store, the drive can only get in and out of the door as fast as physically possible.

Oh, ok. If we get enough people to stop tipping the driver, then there won't be any drivers. Then you and everyone else can go get the pizza yourselves.

And I thought you were leaving sciforums...

15. mountainhare Banned Banned

Absane:
    No, it's not. It really depends on where one lives. And even if it 'were' a luxury, it's a luxury I already pay for when I buy the pizza, given that they jack the prices up (in Australia, at least). Whether that goes to the delivery boy, I don't care. If the employer treats his employees like shit, that's hardly my fault.

You want donations from people who have trouble paying for their own pizza? Are you some sort of leech?

If you don't like your pay, then change occupations, or request a raise. Don't expect the consumer to cover the difference. No employees in any other occupation expect consumers to compensate them when they are screwed over by their boss.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Seriously, I can't wait Americans to start complaining because the pizza driver doesn't speak English. ("Goddamn immigrants always taking good American jobs!")

Or maybe the pizza guys should just deliver on bus routes to save gas. Call on a Monday, get your pizza on Wednesday. And, at least in the U.S., when folks call to complain, they'll hear "¿Que?"

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hmm well obviously it can be done without tips. As Lucifers angel pointed out, people dont tip in the UK. It is also not that common in the Netherlands.
    I really think the boss is to blame here. He should just pay a reasonable salary.

18. mountainhare Banned Banned

Tiassa:
    What's that got to do with anything?

Talking crap as usual?

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I don't trust anything that is delivered to me by anyone that deal with food. I don't know what the delivery person might have dobe to my order from spitting into it to putting something awful in it. I avoid things like that if I can. I once told a friend of mine that he should charge the OWNER of the pizza place he worked at for his car, insurances and fuel because while he was paid to work there that pay was only for HIS work NOT his cars.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That seems to indicate paranoia.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If you see the types of people that they are hiring you'd understand my caution. Being cautious isn't fear, it is being careful as to what I eat.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why would anyone care to poison or ruin your food? Especially if the person might face the consequences if you report him?
    Any way I can't imagine, but if your companies are really hiring only crazy people, you should consider moving elsewhere.

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well I don't know where you live, but in big cities in the west - the attitude is "fuck yer neighbor".
    After reading this thread, my attitude is "fuck take-out". At least I got something out of it.