If you could learn anything...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pzzaboy, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

This is a question that I ask people, because the answers are always somewhat unique. If we had the technology to learn anything, instantly, like in the Matrix; what would you learn?
    Would you go Matrix style and learn every martial art known to man?
    Or, would you tap into your musical self and become an expert at every musical instrument?

Personally I would learn every language. Closely followed by the two above.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, why not?

I would just stuff myself full with as many skills possible to be able to master the physical reality with perfection.
    But then, I already do that!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But if I should pick just one thing it would be levitation.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Since it would be possible, I would learn everything known -- during the time remaining to me -- but, every so often, I'd also take time to play because that would give me ample opportunity to put all that knowledge into proper perspective.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Twilight Registered Senior Member

books

If I'd have only one choice, I would choose to read all the literature books that were ever written. I'm sure it would be amazing to learn from all the different life experiences people had.

8. blonde_cupid Registered Senior Member

The basics

If I had the opportunity, I think I would most care to learn how to distribute the world's resources in a way that every man, woman and child would have adequate food, shelter, clothing, a feeling of security and a sense of compassion to continue such distribution.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I would learn how to understand women. Completely.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Shrike.

Lol...well, you know , there are sex-change operations available already, if you are serious in your quest.

11. Twilight Registered Senior Member

it's not that difficult

The reason men don't understand women is that they don't really try (or want) to understand us. Most of the time, it would be enough to ask a question...

12. Neb Registered Senior Member

Well I was going to say I'd like to know everything to do with music in particular Guitar but then I saw what shrike posted and realised that would be good too.
    Theres too much I want too know so i'll just say these are the main ones, :Know all there is too know in History
    :Music
    :Criminology, Pychology, Forensic Pathology.
    Oh and parenting would be good too for when the time comes.

13. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

I grew up with my mom and my sister, and I've come to the conclusion that women are just nuts.
    Keep in mind however that I am by no means saying that men have a clue either.

14. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

If I could learn anything?

In order of preference:

Physics
    Cosmology
    Psychology
    Ancient History

These are things I had absolutely no interest in when I was younger. It just goes to show that you never stop changing.

PS Stop picking on the women. Men have to grow up first to get any clue about women.

Teri

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

glad to see what I've said has sparked so much interest...

I think it would be too embarrasing to ask.

Why don't some of the women here help us understand them? I'm pretty sure they understand men..., after all we are soo predictable with explosions and boobs etc.

I wonder if what you all will say will have many things in common.

16. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Dearest Shrike,

I really don't understand why men have so much trouble working out the women. My little dig was a good natured dig. Are there any areas which really worry you? We get a lot of questions from the men about the women but not the other way around.

What is it that is confusing about us? And you have to let us know if you've got someone that you're trying to figure out or just generally. It always helps if you give details a specific event because the women will know why whoever it is you're trying to impress didn't react the way you wanted them to. If I'm not making sense right now it's because it's late, I have a headache and I can't sleep.

Are you in love? Do you think women are really THAT mysterious?
    It would be interesting to see how you think women perceive you. Tell us a little about yourself.
    Cheers from Teri - a female

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

What I THINK I get at the moment is that girls like older guys, at least at my age, but they always seem to pick the dumbest ones imaginable.

Then the one I like flirts with me constantly, I swear to god she does, but then denies it. THAT is wierd. I hear things all over the internet (and from Bowser) that you have to be assertive and an assole to get girls to go out with you and not be a nice person, sometimes I see the opposite but most of the time the idea fits snugly into place.

All women, tell me the truth: do you like assholes that are assertive and make (quote from Monty Python) grateutis sexist jokes? The girl I like isn't going out with an asshole from what I can gather but he's an idiot: He sounds like Elmer Fud (I'm dead serious) and he likes to juggle. His friends talk about being struck by lightening! It's so frustrating! Arrr

18. DAVE J Registered Member

i'd just would like to be able to hit a curve ball.

19. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Women woes!

Shrike,
    I have to think back a long way to help you with your woes. But here goes:-

You say the girl you like flirts with you and then denies it. My answer to that is never, never accuse a girl of flirting with you because she will never ever admit to it (well, maybe a few years after you're married). If you think she's flirting with you, then she is. What you have to do is flirt right back, but don't go overboard.

If this same girl is going out with the juggler who you think is a dope, then it's possible he makes her laugh a lot. Next time you see them together just watch and see whether she's having a good time. It's possible that she likes the attention he's giving her by putting on a show.

The impression you guys seem to get about girls being attracted to assholes is probably because she can't figure him out yet and she wants to find out what he's all about. (BTW my definition of the asshole type at that age is a broody, surly kind of boy, not abusive).

I'd like to know what kind of a fellow you are, and what your definition of 'asshole' is, because there's all kinds.

One thing you have to remember is that at your age the girls are changing all the time. She will fancy you one day, then the next day she's over it.

Trust me when I tell you that there are all types of women out there, your best bet is to get to know all of them and find out exactly what you like about each one. Just be friendly and don't come on too strong. Send me a PM if any of this helps. I do remember those years fondly, and it's the beginning of a very complicated dance.
    Good luck
    Teri

20. Magenta Nihil est incertius volgo Registered Senior Member

Id love to learn how to to read and write perfectly every language known to man

21. Neb Registered Senior Member

I think the reason why girls go out with stupid guys, especially in the teenage years, is for the same reason why some men prefer dumb, (bimbo) women, they like to be superior in the relationship.
    Now its just an idea but i'd say if i'm right then you might be able to tell what sort of a women she will be.
    i.e power hungry, submissive or whatever.
    Does any of what I just said make sense to people.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I don't think there really is anything I need to learn, I think I would prefer to enhance things: Like memory or Energy to getting round to doing something when it should be done rather than putting off until later (which when later comes round I will probably still lack the energy)

Of course I think I have an idea of WHO needs to enter my life to make me realise how worthwhile existance really is.... I hope she won't be busy soon.

Above all....

FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT.

23. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I pity assholes...

Because they are so afraid of everything, that they must act badly to hide their fear, byt they´re not fooling me anyway.

But I think teenage girls like them because they are "dangerous and exciting" and those two words teenagers of both genders love the most, right?

Ok Stryder, don´t be shy, WHO is it?

Ps, Teri, don´t reveal everything now...we must apperar mysterious to THEM...so ssshhhhhh.....