If you could kill one man... In history..

Discussion in 'History' started by Challenger78, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Stalin was as bad as Hitler. He's responsible for, what, 30 million deaths?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Whoever that first Dutch man it was that invented banking; silly bastard managed to create capitalism...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Hmmm... i don't think I should answer, it might get me in some trouble. :shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I'd kill pauline hansen before she went and ran her mouth off.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

In terms of desperate dictators, i'd kill Suharto or maybe stop colonisation somehow..

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

With full imaginary powers, why obsess on killing? Would-be tyrants are everywhere, but very few get the fateful breaks. Why not consider the differences that would have altered the destinies of tyrants past toward humility and compassion, or that would have precluded their rise to power. Why not consider the safeguards we should make and keep against the tyrants and would-be tyrants walking the Earth today and tomorrow.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You know, I think someone would actually go to all that effort and then see that , nah, hitler's still psychopathic and evil, and then kill him, So instead of wasting the effort, (of someone you know will commit a crime) why not just prevent it instead, remember, you are in the past, you could run into your ancestors, convince them not to marry and cause the universe to explode

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Why kill polticans instead of scientists??After all dictators just use the weaponry what science made aviable.

Einstein or Leo Szilard would be good candidates against nukes...

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

fraklin pierce get there by geting rid of 2 of the worst presidents in us history pierce and bush 2

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

That would only delay them, You cannot stop science, As long as there are humans there will be technology.
    Kill Einstein and Oppenhiemer would have finished his work.

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

While both equally bad, without Stalin, Hitler could have won WWII.

15. This is the proverbial, Hitler Stance. Many debate the quota that Stalin was much more severe, and was.

Genghis Khan, no.

I'd go after the lead of the team of the mighty WORM attack. Write Once, Read Many. The very first inoculation of computer glitches. This is of course, of my (Dream) seq. on the Dream Team.

They were allowed to access systems, and even had some equipped for their purposes. ---Inordinate Dis-order, it was.

I'd _rub_ him out. And set the standard. Nuisance, true, but I think the msg would register throughout the cycles of time.

16. Till Eulenspiegel Registered Member

Gavrilo Princeps

Had he not assassinated Archduke Ferdinand of of Austria there would have been no WWI. Had there been no WWI there never would have been the vengeful peace treaty that led to WWII and there would have been no Adolf Hitler in power. The Czar would not have been overthrown and Communism would never have taken root.

17. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

True, but why do you think you can stop mass murderers? You eliminate one, there is always a next one.

On the other hand, delaying nukes could have meant for us not living through a cold war...

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

But isn't there a small chance that the next one may not be as bad as the first ?

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Good answer.

But I really wonder if that's all true. I know the assassination is what set off WW1, but if the situation wasn't ripe for war; one assassination wouldn't have caused it.

It's quite possible something else might have set the war in motion. I think of it like a muffler that falls off your car because you hit a pothole. Say someone goes back in time and fills the pothole, thus saving your muffler. Until the next pothole!

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

hmm, But if you could stop all those potholes, the US would never become a world superpower, an economic superpower maybe, but never as dominant as it would be, So if you kill Gavroilo Princeps or you kill the Japanese General Tojo . However, I'm sure you'd have to do so in a way as to point at the chinese, instead of the west. But prevent WWI from starting and WWII and WWIII wouldn't have occurred.

21. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Me too.
    Leif didn't cause mass migrations though.

22. Donnal Registered Member

i wanna kill my bloody man
    then history would repeat it self
    i would do it over and over again
    hes so friggin obnoxious sumtimes

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

no, because technology actually helps them. in history the number of massmurdered people has been increasing....at least until the 1950s....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.