If you are an Emo, rise your hand

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Syzygys, Jul 31, 2009.

1. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

no, he wouldn't have to wait to get to school to get beat

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL..... I find it funny that the ones mostly defending it don't have kids.

I wonder if they would stand proud if they had to introduce this kid as their SON dressed like that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

I find there are many a expect about kids.. who never had any or maybe only one

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, since when did this thread become about me ? Is this an attempt to divert attention from something?

I commented on the fact that wearing plastic headbands and pink beret shouldhave nothing to do with a fathers pride in son, as a father should be able to accept their son's styles and phases. Unfortunately, it seems that parents breed their kids to be clone copies of themselves, or society.

Emo does not mean drugs, Alchohol. It's an expression. So be it if he gets heckled by idiots for it, it's his choice. Any father that can stand by an emo kid in public is worthy of respect.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well I just wondered if you would be proud to hang out with guy friends like that. Would you?

So if you were a father you would have no problem hanging out with your son dressed like that? Be honest now........

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

agreed. My husband feels the same way. He said "If *** has no problem with me wearing my beer can hat, I'd have no issue with him wearing a headband."

Parents can be just as embarrassing as their kid.

and for the record, he doesn't have a beer can hat, but I think he is now hoping our son comes downstairs in a head band and barrette just so he can go get one. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he buys our son a headband and pays him to wear it. LOL

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Nope.
    None whatsoever. Because at that age, I would have learnt to recognize him as an individual. This is a teenage thing.
    To be honest, most outings that involve father and son, usually are either in places so loud, no one remembers each other, or they're family outings.
    Now, If my 5 year old son was doing that. I'd be concerned.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Getting a reaction is probably not his sole reaction, no. But he'd be an idiot if he didn't realise he was going to get one.

And in my case, that would be true. I did dress to get a reaction. I wanted people to know I firmly rejected the poncy 'New Romantic' trend that was happening in the 80's when I grew up. Having long hair meant I wasn't a Nazi fuck skinhead or sympathiser. It meant I wasn't a pansy ass Mod.

The clue is that the picture is taken in the bathroom, most likely the only room in the house with a lock. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out.

Having 20 more years life experience as an adult does, however.

Nope, it was just life experience.

You've had some life experience, and yes, that means you can judge chavs as being violent, threatening assholes.

As for being self centred, well, you must recognise that people will judge you for the way you look, and it's naive to think that people shouldn't do that, you can't control the world. Moaning about being judged is introspective bullshit.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

So he did his hair in the bathroom for privacy and then posted the picture on the web?
    Where do you do your hair? The kitchen?

13. John99 Banned Banned

first hting i try and remember is not to make fun of people because you dont know what theyre dealing with at home.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I take them in my bathroom sometimes because of the white light in there.

Yeah, yeah. You have more life experience so you're automatically right and I'm automatically wrong. When you explain why, I'll give you some credence, right now I think I will just roll my eyes, yawn, and reach for some more caffeine.

Some. Not all. I do not judge every young male who wears sports gear as a violent asshole.

Bullshit. I know better than to put a label on someone because of how they look and I expect the same reasonable behaviour from others. I don't respect people who see dark clothes and immediately think 'Whiny, entitled weakling.' I figured that out a long time ago, if a teen can understand that, older people damn well can.

And is anyone gonna tell me why males shouldn't adopt a female-typical style and vice versa?

The world isn't gonna end because a guy wears a style associated with females.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do your parents see what you post on the Internet? Maybe they don't associate your handle here, with your real name? Maybe, this kid knew his parents wouldn't see the pic online?

I don't 'do' my hair, and I don't take self portraits in the bathroom. I don't take self portraits.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

So he took the pic in the bathroom because he was hiding from Mom and Dad?? Do you think with the lip piercing, the gauged ear, and the hair across his face that they are gonna be shocked by a headband?

17. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Are Emo kids only guys/boys? If not, what is the girl version looked like?

Edit: nevermind, I should have googled it in advance:

Actually now that I think of it, those kind of make ups are quite popular in Japan, i.e. harajuku style. Looked a bit ridiculous for the guys, but for the girls, are kinda cool. I wish I would have experienced wearing Emo style like that

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  18. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Is that picture actually the correct representation of Emo kids? From what I google, they looked like this:
    http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=emo boys&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=18

Typical Emo kids from that link:

Not so girly. Maybe that one in the OP is just an extreme case of Emo kid. I won't let my kids (if I will have any) have that kind of hair, though, kinda disturbing.. How would you read or walk properly when your hair covering your eyes?!

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I think that hairdo looks cool.

I used to have a cut like that but not so short. It would flare into my face all the time. I just learned to see through my hair. I don't think I ever had reading/walking problems.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That kind of looks like Marilyn Manson, but more normal looking.

21. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Yup. Marilyn Manson is kinda scary (to me).

That's because the hair (of that guy) is good. On the other hand, if the hair is oily (like the one in the OP), I would imagine he'd get lots of pimples on the forehead

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't think you're the only one. That dude is a complete freak.

23. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Without make up, he is quite ok:

Why on earth would he changed into this:

Notice the eyes of that pic with the Emo girl on above pic!