If you are an Emo, rise your hand

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Syzygys, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But now you see why some kids are the way they are. Their parents have taught them to be hateful and judge another simply based on a headband.

My son has a friend who was Emo. My son was amazed at all the girls he got. Then he met a girl who didn't like it, and so he changed his look. That's all it is. Its a look.

I do have to admit, I spent time laughing at him though.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

some of us grow up to be exactly like our parents. Complaining about their kids music and what they wore. If they listen to a certain music or dress a certain way then they must be bad.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

And Emo is more then just a look or a taste I'm music, it is a whole attitude! Any one who dress like an emo and/or likes emo music but does not have the narcissistic, self-damaging, angst attitude is not really emo, they are just someone who dresses stupidly and/or likes god-aweful music.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

You are an adult, and you still think that wearing a hairclip means he needs physical violence done to him?

Very mature and adult of you. I imagine if I said something like that, I'd get a ton of vitriol for being a 'typical teenager' and immature.

Do you know him? Do you actually know that he's only doing it to get a reaction? People could say the same thing about us with our leather jackets and other metal gear, you know...

How do you know he doesn't have the courage to go out in public? Do you know him?

'I'm older than you' is not a counter argument.

Exactly...it's just a hairclip. It doesn't prevent someone from being productive in society, from being an upright and moral person, or mean that they must have something generally "wrong" about them.

Ah, of course. You suffered something as a youngster, therefore you are right and I am wrong. Yawn.

I had a group of chavs surround me and threaten to rape me, does that count? Do I get to have my opinions considered higher than other people's because I had a bad experience? Can I go about calling people self-centred because they don't agree with me?

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Having a son who has a friend who dresses like that is one thing. Having your actual son dress like a pansy is another.

I bet that big old husband of yours would be just fine if your son came downstairs to the dinner table wearing your daughters pink headband and berets in his hair. I am sure he would stand proud at the Fishing Derby with your son by his side dressed like a little girl......Get real!

To Visceral,

I don't HATE kids who dress like idiots. I honestly don't care because they are some other parent's problem. I am just saying that I find it ridiculous for a teenage boy to dress like that.

People can dress however they want, if they want to run around looking like jackasses be my guest. I would never condone my kids beating up kids or bullying kids because they dressed differently.
    They would be in big trouble if I ever found out about it.

So don't make this about HATE because it has nothing to do with HATING them as individuals.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is not really the dressing, but the behaviour....

" In recent years the popular media have associated emo with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden.The media has also stereotyped it as being associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide."

Let's give a shovel to an emo, and make him shovel horseshit for 2 weeks in 100 degrees. Then let's see if he still wants to live...

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Fair enough, I understand you are just trying to be pragmatic.

I maintain my stance on the issue, though. People should be allowed to wear what they want, male or female. (Within reason. I wouldn't defend someone's right, for example, to wear a racist slogan.)

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Real physical work might just straighten em out.

These kids need to be hitched to a plow, or run through a hail of bullets...whatever it takes to make them stop hugging big fluffy pillows!

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, yes, that was my point. Today's kids are too spoiled, thus the "Can we spank kids?" and other bullshit threads.

Then they got quarter life crisis... I bet the 1/8th life crisis is not very far away...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I don't agree with spanking, but I do agree that shit such as '1/4 life crisis' is an unnecessary label for perfectly normal everyday angst.

What next, a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder because you pick your nose occasionally?

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Life is too fucking good for your generation, what a bunch of wimpy pansies, including yourself, who manages to get in a tizzy if anybody tries to tell you anything.

Weak.

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

How very adult of you, I point out why you said something ignorant, with reasons...so you throw a hissy fit and call me a wimpy pansy. I think if I did that, you'd probably put it down to my being an immature teen and a 'wimpy pansy'. Yawn. Use reason to prove me wrong instead of getting emotional, I'm losing respect for you.

Actually, I know a little bit about hardship myself. I have a fucking profoundly autistic brother who has meltdowns and tries to smash his own head in against the wall at least once a day. My mother and myself look after said brother because services and useless and we have no family in the country. We have no one to look after him for temporary periods; we had a babysitter, but he had one of those meltdowns and attacked her. So it's just me and my mother.

Does dealing with that count as being a useless sobby weakling?

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Dealing with that, is your problem. I'm talking about the way you react here on this board. Are we supposed to just constantly give you room for your tantrums, just cause you have some shit at home to deal with.

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

How does

pointing out the unreason in getting angry because some kid is wearing a hairclip

amount to

having a tantrum

?

You're the one throwing a tantrum, not me. It wasn't me spitting and snarling about how I'd like to beat the shit out of someone for wearing a piece of plastic on him.

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So having kids is not about diversifying and contributing to the human race, It's about pride.
    For the record, any father that can do that wins my approval.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

having kids is about fulfilling genetic impulse and adding another mouth to feed the plague that is the human race.

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

No one said you can't take some pride in that. It just went from pride of numbers to pride in conformism.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

So you like to wear plastic headbands and pink berets in your hair? Do you hang around with a lot of guys that do?

22. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

this must be the kid with the plastic in his hair that was discussed in the other thread

I think I'd beat my kid if he ever looked like this..

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

And I am being dragged over the coals for saying I would rip those things right out of his hair if it was my son.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!